Rumor: Polian could return as soon as Monday

Bangarang

Totally agree with that. Limited is a good term for him. And Marrone/Hackett, IMO, would not make him better. Although with their conservative style he may play better than Orton did within that stupid system. Watkins and Woods would remain mostly a waste though.

While I don't like our coordinator either, our offense was hamstrung by poor interior line play and that's difficult to overcome

I agree it's tough to look good in the Bills offense: System and OL issues. But Hackett isn't responsible for poor throws or the QB taking sacks instead of throwing the ball away (especially when they are in FG range). One would think a better QB would look better in the Bills offense--unless he is a complete statue.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W0000T W0000T

Just tweeted

45]

Follow
93Q5Q2uI_bigger.jpeg

Bill Polian will be taking over as Bills team president/football czar but move may not be announced til late Jan, due to his commitments

i don't think this is a shoe inn.

there is smoke and fire with all of this; he'll come to the team to advise, I imagine but it won't be what everyone thinks if it happens.

LaCanfora going out on limb here, Carruci said he spoke with Polian and it's not for sure.

i don't think this is a shoe inn.

That would be a good name for a tavern.

I had a detailed post about why I thought Polian would be hired on Mon, Feb 2nd. I think that's out the door now. Any high-level turnover needs to happen quickly -- we can't wait a month to start interviewing coaches.

I agree it's tough to look good in the Bills offense: System and OL issues. But Hackett isn't responsible for poor throws or the QB taking sacks instead of throwing the ball away (especially when they are in FG range). One would think a better QB would look better in the Bills offense--unless he is a complete statue.

Agree but the same holds true the other way. A better coach can make a lesser QB look good. The moral of the story is that they had subpar QB play, subpar OL play and subpar offensive coaching. They should try to upgrade all of those areas.

Agree but the same holds true the other way. A better coach can make a lesser QB look good. The moral of the story is that they had subpar QB play, subpar OL play and subpar offensive coaching. They should try to upgrade all of those areas.

Again, agree 100%. Fixing the OL, as it is mostly guard-related, shouldn't be that daunting of a task. Fixing the offensive scheme shouldn't be that hard because---well because it's hard to get worse. Fixing the QB situation is a bit more complicated. But they need to make an effort.

But fixing the first two problems, makes whoever is at QB look better,

Doug Whaley will still be the GM, and all Polian will do is properly advise him. You know on areas like the O line players which Buddy Nix had his hands in, the QB situation, all areas of the offense. The Bills will now probably wait to hire a new HC, and OC.

Would not be shocked to see Tom Gamble replace Whaley. Edited by TheTruthHurts

ARe you insinuating that we shouldn't bring back Drew Bledsoe? :nana: