Expect the Bills to make a bold move for a QB after the season.

Tipster19

Living in Charlotte for 18 years, I can tell you there is a large group of conspiracy theorists who feel the GM Gettlemen has purposely tried hamstringing Newton because he doesn't like him. There is also a descent sized contingent of fans/sports media locals who aren't sold on him. If the Bills had Newton on this team, they would be instant SB contenders. He needs to be in a passing Offense where they just let him rip it. Not a lot of designed runs, though. The option stuff is slowly killing him. In summary, if we got Newton, I would be in the bathroom for a while and I wouldn't be combing my hair Mom. :) !!!!!!!

Cam's cap hit for 2015 is $14,666,666 with ZERO dead money if cut.

if they were unhappy with him, then cutting him after this season is possible.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills are thinking bold move, you have to look at the QBs who have big bonus and salary guarantees that kick in at the end of this year or during this offseason. Interestingly enough the biggest savings would be if the Patriots got rid of Brady at the end of this season. Otherwise his 2015-17 salaries of $24 million are guaranteed. As crazy as that sounds, it's a total Bellichick move.

The Bears can save $10 million by getting rid of Cutler before March

Ravens can save $7 by dropping Flacco right after the season ends

Arizona can save $10.5 million by getting rid of Palmer before February

The Niners can save $12.4 million by getting rid of Kap before April

Dropping Dalton before March saves Cinci $4 million

Panthers can save $14.5 mill by getting rid of Cam Newton before March

no way in hell flacco's off the ravens, he's quietly having a dynamite season. same goes for newton (he'll be tagged if necessary). kaepernick should be back in sf next year too, he has too much potential to be given up on so quickly. dalton and palmer are intriguing, but i suspect they'll be back as well. cutler, well, culter may very well be available, and honestly, i have no freaking clue if im interested.

If the Bills are thinking bold move, you have to look at the QBs who have big bonus and salary guarantees that kick in at the end of this year or during this offseason. Interestingly enough the biggest savings would be if the Patriots got rid of Brady at the end of this season. Otherwise his 2015-17 salaries of $24 million are guaranteed. As crazy as that sounds, it's a total Bellichick move.

First, my hats off to you, great homework. Second, the only one I would even dream of going after is Kap. He is young and I believe his best years are ahead of him. With all the turmoil going on with the 49er's he might even be available.

Living in Charlotte for 18 years, I can tell you there is a large group of conspiracy theorists who feel the GM Gettlemen has purposely tried hamstringing Newton because he doesn't like him. There is also a descent sized contingent of fans/sports media locals who aren't sold on him. If the Bills had Newton on this team, they would be instant SB contenders. He needs to be in a passing Offense where they just let him rip it. Not a lot of designed runs, though. The option stuff is slowly killing him. In summary, if we got Newton, I would be in the bathroom for a while and I wouldn't be combing my hair Mom. :) !!!!!!!

If the Bills got Newton you'd run in the bathroom and rub one out? Strange reaction....

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

this is the most ridiculous post i've ever read on tbd. and, yes, i'm including some of the hideous assertions i've come across over on the ppp board.

Who the hell are you and why do you care if someone else watches the Bills or football in general? I despise Tom Brady and wouldn't root for him. So what? That makes that the most ridiculous post you've ever seen?

gtfo of here

Who the hell are you and why do you care if someone else watches the Bills or football in general? I despise Tom Brady and wouldn't root for him. So what? That makes that the most ridiculous post you've ever seen?

gtfo of here

I AM DIRTBAG AND I AM HERE TO STAY.

and, yes, your post was ridiculous. saying you will stop watching football because the bills (somehow) pick up one of the best qb's ever is dumb. it makes zero sense. none. it's illogical and nonsensical.

and, as far as you watching the bills goes, i couldn't care less. i'm indifferent to that proposition. you might miss it, though.

but, yeah, go ahead and take your stand -- maybe burn some uggs or something. that'll teach 'em!

the ONLY one you have correct is cam newton.

all others are false, by ALOT !

All those top QBs would have to be replaced. Which team would let a good QB go and settle for a 2016 1st rounder of a Bills team that would figure to be very good or better in 2015? What would they do for QB play in the meantime. What you need to find is a team that's collapsed and figures it's time to rebuild, and is willing to put their QB play down a notch temporarily. Perhaps Carolina would do. But our late-round first for an overall #1 talent? We'd have to sweeten the pot. What would it take? Jerry Hughes? Kiko? Robert Woods? If we're really talking "bold move" it might take giving up some real D talent. And then what to do about the offensive line? Let's bring in some other guys off the street and let Doug Marrone coach 'em up. Yeah, what could go wrong?

I AM DIRTBAG AND I AM HERE TO STAY.

and, yes, your post was ridiculous. saying you will stop watching football because the bills (somehow) pick up one of the best qb's ever is dumb. it makes zero sense. none. it's illogical and nonsensical.

and, as far as you watching the bills goes, i couldn't care less. i'm indifferent to that proposition. you might miss it, though.

but, yeah, go ahead and take your stand -- maybe burn some uggs or something. that'll teach 'em!

Not really correct on the zero sense.

He doesnt like Brady. He will not watch bill football. That makes sense to me. He doesnt want to watch a guy he doesnt like.

Makes perfect sense to me. Agreeing with it is another story.

Ps. I have mentioned before when this topic came up a while while back. When Farve played for Minnesota, my viking fan friend did not really enjoy rooting for Farve.

Why would you waste a pick on kaepernick when we have the exact same QB on the roster already in EJ?

Pretty surprised that there are still people that think Kap is good. Like are they watching him play, or seeing commercials with him and assuming he must be good? He's been downright awful this year, often times worse than I've ever seen EJ.

Edited by Ohiostyle

I think I mistakenly stumbled upon the "crack dependents" support board. Orton is our "gun slinger" once Hackett gets moved to parking lot quality control. Orton needs an offseason to work out and create a "QB controlled system" where he calls the plays. He is our QB and EJ is our backup. Believe it or not, we are in a better position than a bunch of other teams at QB. Orton is the man !!

we have a QB... his name is EJ Manuel and he will be ready to roll come next season.

If we can get another QB in here for pennies, I'm all for it, but if not, let's try and keep draft picks rather than send them away

I still believe this. I'm all in on EJ still... No reason 4 games played this year should make him an automatic bust. Fans just want something to complain about with him. But he's young enough to turn it around.

Team dirtbag.

Anyone who wouldnt want to watch Tom Brady throw perfect passes to our receivers and running backs is nuts.

It would be beyond exciting.

Not really. Giving his best years to new england, Im pretty sure we would get bad brady. He would be like when Farve went to the jets. That's my opinion.

Anyway, even now, he doesnt throw perfect passes all the time. Specially if he has pass rushers in his face. His accuracy drops big time.

Actually, generally speaking, that is how you beat the pats. Pressure brady and he becomes average.

But we already knew that.

I think I mistakenly stumbled upon the "crack dependents" support board. Orton is our "gun slinger" once Hackett gets moved to parking lot quality control. Orton needs an offseason to work out and create a "QB controlled system" where he calls the plays. He is our QB and EJ is our backup. Believe it or not, we are in a better position than a bunch of other teams at QB. Orton is the man !!

Yeah it could be a lot worse.

We could be the Jets or Tennesse or a bunch of other teams.

Not really. Giving his best years to new england, Im pretty sure we would get bad brady. He would be like when Farve went to the jets. That's my opinion.

Anyway, even now, he doesnt throw perfect passes all the time. Specially if he has pass rushers in his face. His accuracy drops big time.

Actually, generally speaking, that is how you beat the pats. Pressure brady and he becomes average.

But we already knew that.

Yeah it could be a lot worse.

We could be the Jets or Tennesse or a bunch of other teams.

NYJets, Jax, Minn, Tenn, St Lou, Browns, Redskins (maybe), Oakland (maybe), Chicago (as of right now), Houston. Yes - we are doing ok and an off season for Orton and EJ will do them good. I think a lot of guys are concentrating too much on QB rather than O line (Guards).

Ps. I have mentioned before when this topic came up a while while back. When Farve played for Minnesota, my viking fan friend did not really enjoy rooting for Farve.

Guy I used to work with grew up in Wisconsin, huge GB fan. Then Farve left and he thought he was mistreated. Never rooted for the Pack again. Doesn't make sense to me, but whatever floats your boat.

Unfortunately there's no such thing as bad Brady.

He has looked very bad in a lot of games.

Im not going to stat check all his bad games.

I googled 2 that came to mind.

This year vs Kansas City 20/30 215 2 ints 1 td

Playoff game vs Baltimore 2009 154 yards 3 ints 2 tds

He's not god Bills fans. Some bills fans love Brady too much.

I'm not picking on you. I just see it on this bills site too much.

Guy I used to work with grew up in Wisconsin, huge GB fan. Then Farve left and he thought he was mistreated. Never rooted for the Pack again. Doesn't make sense to me, but whatever floats your boat.

Really??? This is surprising.

My bud still likes the vikes now. Once farve left. Actually in all honestly he did accept the farve signing really late into the season.

Your ex coworker. Wow. Weird to comprehend. I guess he was more of a Farve fan than Packer fan.

Polian had nothing to do with drafting Jim Kelly. In fact, if you remember an ESPN special a few months ago about the '83 draft, the Bills front office came off as absolute idiots. They had the #12 and #14 picks and liked both Marino and Kelly. So instead of making a determination which one was better or which was more likely to sign with Buffalo (hello - both Kelly and Marino were Pittsburgh guys. Marino went to Pitt, Kelly to Miami. Again, hello!!) they figured one or the other would be there at #14 and picked Tony Hunter at #12. Morons.

Do the Bills win SB(s) with the exact same teams with Marino at QB instead of Kelly?

let see if this what I am hearing , get Brady from the team that has the book on him, unless Gronk is part of the equation, Deadsole II will be playing at the Ralph a minimum of 8 times a year no way no how do the Pats let Tom Terrific go unless he is used up

OK, let's pretend these guys could be had. My reaction (for what it's worth):

Cutler? HELL NO!

Flacco? Interesting

Palmer? Certainly

Kap? Maybe. Still not quite sure about the dude, but would probably give him a shot.

Dalton? Yup.

Newton? Certainly

So, the only one on this list I wouldn't consider is Cutler, who is most likely the only one who will be available.

Edited by The Dean

Do the Bills win SB(s) with the exact same teams with Marino at QB instead of Kelly?

Hmmm ... Tough call but my gut says yes. At least one win. Marino never really had the running game factor those Bills teams did. Neither QB had any mobility, Marino's arm was ridiculous. In most of the SBs Bills defense was overmatched vs power ground game of the NFC teams. Very difficult to say but I'd have to think Marino makes a few pass plays that are difference makers.

Hmmm ... Tough call but my gut says yes. At least one win. Marino never really had the running game factor those Bills teams did. Neither QB had any mobility, Marino's arm was ridiculous. In most of the SBs Bills defense was overmatched vs power ground game of the NFC teams. Very difficult to say but I'd have to think Marino makes a few pass plays that are difference makers.

I agree with you. I think the Bills pull out two with Marino. Kelly was not at his best on the biggest stage.

The best part of having Brady on the Bills would be he wouldn't be beating the Bills with the Pats. He always seems to play well against us, no matter what problems he has from time to time against others. Even with him sitting on the bench, we'd be better off.

But we did this several years ago, when Bledsoe was getting old and the Pats got a first round pick from us for him, when they already had Brady ready to go. I think Belichick will let the Bills have an aging Brady when he's got the next guy ready. We'll get a year or two, and that will be that.

The most likely "unlikely trade" I can see on that list that I would like is trading the Niners for Kap. Depending on how their season ends the Niners FO might not be too happy that a 4th year QB led them to a losing record after a 12-4 playoff season, all right before he's set to get huge guaranteed money. Cam Newton is also a possibility but I haven't watched him AT ALL this year so I'm not up to speed with how he's looking.

Of course the Bears will be trying like crazy to unload Cutler, but the more I read about his attitude and his huge contract the less I want the Bills to bother with him.

I completely agree with Kap & Cam, Cutler would be a horrible move but is possible also. The one guy I think would be great but I don't know if it's possible is Philip Rivers. Rivers would be perfect for our team he's well into his 30's with a huge cap figure. It's possible the Chargers start rebuilding and trade him for a couple of firsts before here starts to decline. The question is would we be willing to give the Chargers 2 first round pks?

If the Bills got Newton you'd run in the bathroom and rub one out? Strange reaction....

Is it? Or is it so normal you can't comprehend it:) This team has had a close to 20 year suck fest at QB( excepting Bledsoe for one season when we didn't have a defense) ....Damned straight I'd be in a celebratory mood.

I started a thread about obtaining Brees to mixed results. Regardless if it's logical or illogical, I fully expect the Bills to go out and do whatever it takes to secure a quality QB. Terry Pegula has the opportunity to put his thumbprint on this franchise and start his own legacy as owne. One of Mr. Wilson's greatest moves as a owner was to give his blessing to Polian to draft Jim Kelly. Pegula now has the chance to do the same thing and add the most important piece to this team. Let it be Brees or whoever, I stand by my thinking that we can and should defer the compensation that we gave up for Sammy and use our 2016 1st Rd pick to help facilitate a trade for a quality QB.

Read my mind on Brees. I think with the saints in Decline they may want to rebuild and might be willing to trade him.

I know on this team we would be 10 or 11 wins already.

I really don't want to give up our 2016 but for Brees it might be worth it and then get a young QB to develop for a few yrs and then he can take over.

Of course, I expect them to do everyting possible, but they're kinda hard to come by. I noticed that.... for about a decade and a half. I trust Whaley as much as anyone to do the right thing, though I have no idea what that is.

Whaley's biggest mistake has been neglecting the QB position but hopefully he has learned his lesson.