Expect the Bills to make a bold move for a QB after the season.

Tipster19

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty surprised that there are still people that think Kap is good. Like are they watching him play, or seeing commercials with him and assuming he must be good? He's been downright awful this year, often times worse than I've ever seen EJ.

What it comes down to is somehow EVERYONE seems to not realize that it takes years for your starting capable(but not superstar) player to learn to play QB. Kap, Wilson, RG3 were all the rage two years ago because of the stars aligning. Now we see where they are. Put a young QB on a good team and ask him to not do to much and it can work. Make him do it years in a row.....Meh. EJ may well be the guy we need him to be but coaches coach for their jobs and can't afford to let QBs learn. I hate that this season has been wasted on Orton and EJ missed the opportunity to learn by doing. Outcome is going to be the same IE: no playoffs. Like a bullet, whether you miss by an inch or a mile you still missed. Of course, a bunch of you are going to crow about, "First winning season in a decade" but it was piss poor Offfensive ball to watch and we are no better off than when we started the season.

If the Bills are thinking bold move, you have to look at the QBs who have big bonus and salary guarantees that kick in at the end of this year or during this offseason. Interestingly enough the biggest savings would be if the Patriots got rid of Brady at the end of this season. Otherwise his 2015-17 salaries of $24 million are guaranteed. As crazy as that sounds, it's a total Bellichick move.

The Bears can save $10 million by getting rid of Cutler before March

Ravens can save $7 by dropping Flacco right after the season ends

Arizona can save $10.5 million by getting rid of Palmer before February

The Niners can save $12.4 million by getting rid of Kap before April

Dropping Dalton before March saves Cinci $4 million

Panthers can save $14.5 mill by getting rid of Cam Newton before March

I would take Brady in a heart beat, nothing would be more satisfying than beating Bellycheck than with his HOF QB :devil: :devil: :devil:

Would be interested in all them too except Cam and Cutler, those guys just don't have it upstairs.

If the Bills somehow got Brady I'd stop watching football until he retired.

no you wouldn't

we have a QB... his name is EJ Manuel and he will be ready to roll come next season.

If we can get another QB in here for pennies, I'm all for it, but if not, let's try and keep draft picks rather than send them away

I tend to agree with this over most of the rest of the crap posted here.

Flacco isn't get cut, Newton, please, Brees, stop it.

The original plan for EJ was for him to sit behind Kevin Kolb and learn. Kolb's injury screwed that up, so we threw him to the wolves. Perhaps a full off season would help him so we continued wioth that flawed plan. At least the brass at One Bills Drive saw the problem and signed a veteran to help him. The kid has all the skills in the world, we just need to get his timing down and see if we can teach him to trust his reads. He's going to be back in 2015 and with Orton's lack of mobility, it is only time before he gets another chance to play. Then we can see if he has made any progress. The new QB doesn't arrive until 2016 at the earliest.

Why would you waste a pick on kaepernick when we have the exact same QB on the roster already in EJ?

Seriously?!

we have a QB... his name is EJ Manuel and he will be ready to roll come next season.

If we can get another QB in here for pennies, I'm all for it, but if not, let's try and keep draft picks rather than send them away

never going to happen

The two guys I thought might be available a couple of weeks back who I would definitely have taken were Eli and Bradford. The lastest rumour mill on both suggests that they stay put. Coughlin might survive in New York (if he does he keeps Eli no question about it) and the Rams are talking more and more like they keep Bradford and draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round. I think getting to 6 wins has meant that they have zero chance at Mariota or Winston even if they really liked one of those in the first place and therefore they think better to keep Bradford for his final year as a bridge QB to someone who might be more of a project than an immediate starter.

Anyone thinking Brees, Flacco or Carson Palmer might be cut is living in fantasy land. The Panthers aren't going to throw in the towel on Cam yet either. Sadly the best option that is likely to be out there is, I think, Jay Cutler. He isn't my cup of tea but I think he is better than what we have on this roster. Anyone else - Derek Anderson, Matt Moore, Brian Hoyer etc are no different than what we have in Orton and would just be spinning wheels for the sake of it.

Cam Newton please

Wouldn't it be ironic if Newton came in when Dareus left. Buddy Nix would .... himself!!! Haha

The offensive line is neither serviceable nor excellent. We have two guys who are barely average in Wood and Glenn, the rest are significantly below average. I watched the all 22 today and was struck and how consistently the pocket was collapsing on Orton before the WR's could get far enough in to their routes to turn and look for the ball. As a rookie, Henderson may get better but the guards are awful.

Henderson on the whole has been pretty good considering he was a 7th rd almost underrated player. You are right. The guards suck

I hope nobody is legitimately expecting the Bills to try for Cutler. He's never been able to cut it and I think the Bills front office sees this. Interceptions are BAD. Jay Cutler does not thinks so.

Cutler reminds me of Jeff George, a guy with so much arm talent that team after QB desperate team convinced themselves that he was the answer, much to their later regret.

Im positive we will be trading for Aaron Rogers. I'm thinking we can trade at least a 3rd round pick and get him. If that doesn't work out Andrew Luck will certainly be the guy next year.

Can you pass me the bottle of Gin? "Gin, I love Gin"

I heard Joe Montana's been working out so we're going to work him out after Favre.

Cutler reminds me of Jeff George, a guy with so much arm talent that team after QB desperate team convinced themselves that he was the answer, much to their later regret.

Bingo!

Remember when Bruce Smith hammered him his rookie year. Welcome to the NFL!

Living in Charlotte for 18 years, I can tell you there is a large group of conspiracy theorists who feel the GM Gettlemen has purposely tried hamstringing Newton because he doesn't like him. There is also a descent sized contingent of fans/sports media locals who aren't sold on him. If the Bills had Newton on this team, they would be instant SB contenders. He needs to be in a passing Offense where they just let him rip it. Not a lot of designed runs, though. The option stuff is slowly killing him. In summary, if we got Newton, I would be in the bathroom for a while and I wouldn't be combing my hair Mom. :) !!!!!!!

Those blaming Gettleman have no clue what they are talking about. Sure DG is fielding bad talent and Riverea is awful. But there are a lot of valid concerns with Newton. He isn't coachable and has regressed. The great work Dorsey did with him last year has seemingly vanished. Newton isn't taking the time to make reads and he is not finding his targets. Many times I've watched him look right at his targets when they have a small window tomthrowmin. He won't throw it. This is why Avant was cut. Newton would simply rather check down or bail out and run. He has had adequate time most of the season. He simply is regressing. He had a great year. And he would make the Bills better but I am not sure if that would be ngood enough because he doesn't have the stones to make the throws he needs to and he doesn't have the accuracy to put the ball in the right place.

No to Newton. We simply dont have the coaching staff to work with him. I don't know who does, either. He needs a QB guru. Maybe Arians.

Cam's cap hit for 2015 is $14,666,666 with ZERO dead money if cut.

if they were unhappy with him, then cutting him after this season is possible.

it is because 2015 is his player option. He is a FA in 2016.

My mind is all over the place on the QB front:

• Better offensive line, offensive scheme, and more effective running game, we wouldn't really "need" a better QB.
  • KO can get the job done with the above, but without the above we need better
  • EJ right now, can maybe get the job done with the above
  • EJ might improve heading into next year, who knows. Development of QB is a tricky thing. I also think he would develop better in a different system, with different offensive coaches.
  • Cutler, Eli, and the like, I don't think are a significant step up from KO, and the price for them would likely be too high
  • Kaepernick... he's had success, but also struggles when the game is on him, isn't that the same problem we have?
  • Cam would be a great pickup, but again, what's the price, and would he succeed with this offense and coaching staff?

All in all, I see us going into next season with EJ and either KO, or another mid level vet. The most likely thing is for us to improve the OL, and hopefully (dear god, hopefully) an improvement in scheme.

My mind is all over the place on the QB front:

• Better offensive line, offensive scheme, and more effective running game, we wouldn't really "need" a better QB.
  • KO can get the job done with the above, but without the above we need better
  • EJ right now, can maybe get the job done with the above
  • EJ might improve heading into next year, who knows. Development of QB is a tricky thing. I also think he would develop better in a different system, with different offensive coaches.
  • Cutler, Eli, and the like, I don't think are a significant step up from KO, and the price for them would likely be too high
  • Kaepernick... he's had success, but also struggles when the game is on him, isn't that the same problem we have?
  • Cam would be a great pickup, but again, what's the price, and would he succeed with this offense and coaching staff?

All in all, I see us going into next season with EJ and either KO, or another mid level vet. The most likely thing is for us to improve the OL, and hopefully (dear god, hopefully) an improvement in scheme.

These points bring up great points

Perhaps to get one of these QB's we would need a change with coaching/coordination/etc. Those changes would affect our lineup. A new HC might cause the D to fall apart. A new OC to use Cutler, Kaep, or Newton would probably expose our lacking TE position. They'd want a topmtiermguy. It would leave us to have to sign Spiller while Brown, Jackson and Dixon stay and sit idle. Woods and Hogan are probably not the type those guys need.

For all the risk it just may not be feasible.

this is the most ridiculous post i've ever read on tbd. and, yes, i'm including some of the hideous assertions i've come across over on the ppp board.

You must of forgot about the post where someone suggested that we get a midget on the squad & use him in goalline situations where 2 of the linemen just throw him over the top of the pile or the post where someone stated that microwaving chicken wings is the best most tasty way to cook them.