Expect the Bills to make a bold move for a QB after the season.

Tipster19

Is it? Or is it so normal you can't comprehend it:) This team has had a close to 20 year suck fest at QB( excepting Bledsoe for one season when we didn't have a defense) ....Damned straight I'd be in a celebratory mood.

Sure i wouldn't blame you for being in a celebratory mood - but THATS how you choose to celebrate??

I tend to go out and get drunk, go to a nice dinner, enjoy a stogie and a scotch - but I guess, to each his own?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bold move. Keep and start EJ

I think this is probably the best move. Anybody that is available is going to be available for a reason. You just got to pray to the football gods that sitting the last 3 months EJ learned something about what it takes to play QB in this league.

These points bring up great points

Perhaps to get one of these QB's we would need a change with coaching/coordination/etc. Those changes would affect our lineup. A new HC might cause the D to fall apart. A new OC to use Cutler, Kaep, or Newton would probably expose our lacking TE position. They'd want a topmtiermguy. It would leave us to have to sign Spiller while Brown, Jackson and Dixon stay and sit idle. Woods and Hogan are probably not the type those guys need.

For all the risk it just may not be feasible.

I think Chandler is an underrated TE. I'm not saying he's top 5 or anything, but the guy produces, gets open, is a mismatch problem, and is an adequate blocker. He's "slow" but he's tall, so he covers ground efficiently. I don't think he's the problem with our offense, personally. That being said, Smith/Gragg/Gray hasn't really given us anything, so I'd like to see another TE to replace those three (and maybe be the top TE, with Chandler backing him up).

I think this is probably the best move. Anybody that is available is going to be available for a reason. You just got to pray to the football gods that sitting the last 3 months EJ learned something about what it takes to play QB in this league.

It doesn't work that way and if EJ is our starting QB next year, we are doomed.

Developing behind a vet doesn't work that way? I'd argue that more rookie QBs should be doing that for their first year or two. Instead we throw guys in the fire early, and if they aren't immediate successes, we run them out of the league.

I'd be just as happy with big upgrades on the line. I think Orton could be a good QB with a solid pocket.

Pears is a FA at the end of this season. If we were to let him walk replace him with someone like Mike Iupati from the Niners who is also a FA this offseason it'd be huge. He was voted to the Pro Bowl in 2012 & 2013 and is only 27 years old.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

I'd be just as happy with big upgrades on the line. I think Orton could be a good QB with a solid pocket.

Pears is a FA at the end of this season. If we were to let him walk replace him with someone like Mike Iupati from the Niners who is also a FA this offseason it'd be huge. He was voted to the Pro Bowl in 2012 & 2013 and is only 27 years old.

While upgrades to the OLine might exterminate the ghosts that have been bum-rushing Orton, the real benefit could be seen in the running game we've abandoned.

Our coaches want to ground and pound, and with the suffocating defense we have, a team that can line up and grind the ball down field is damn near impossible to beat, especially with the weapons we have on the outside.

Seriously. Think Seattle.

While upgrades to the OLine might exterminate the ghosts that have been bum-rushing Orton, the real benefit could be seen in the running game we've abandoned.

Our coaches want to ground and pound, and with the suffocating defense we have, a team that can line up and grind the ball down field is damn near impossible to beat, especially with the weapons we have on the outside.

Seriously. Think Seattle.

Ding ding ding. A successful run game, would allow us to be less one dimensional during certain downs, and with certain field position. Not only that it opens up better play action (something EJ is quite good at, imo), keeps defenses honest, and gives our defense more time to rest.

Iupati would be like night and day compared to the guards we have. We'd instantly go to one of the worst guards in the league to one of the best, and he's only making a million more a year than Pears is right now.

No arguments here.

Ding ding ding. A successful run game, would allow us to be less one dimensional during certain downs, and with certain field position. Not only that it opens up better play action (something EJ is quite good at, imo), keeps defenses honest, and gives our defense more time to rest.

Yep. And so long as Chris !@#$ing Hogan consistently falls 40 inches short of the marker on second down, we need a unit that will line up and pound the ball forward for a yard, every time.

I tend to agree with this over most of the rest of the crap posted here.

Flacco isn't get cut, Newton, please, Brees, stop it.

The original plan for EJ was for him to sit behind Kevin Kolb and learn. Kolb's injury screwed that up, so we threw him to the wolves. Perhaps a full off season would help him so we continued wioth that flawed plan. At least the brass at One Bills Drive saw the problem and signed a veteran to help him. The kid has all the skills in the world, we just need to get his timing down and see if we can teach him to trust his reads. He's going to be back in 2015 and with Orton's lack of mobility, it is only time before he gets another chance to play. Then we can see if he has made any progress. The new QB doesn't arrive until 2016 at the earliest.

What EJ manuel have you been watching. Totally inaccurate and will never be a consistent QB. Bills need some one now who can not waste this great "D"!

Totally agree!

Can you pass me the bottle of Gin? "Gin, I love Gin"

I heard Joe Montana's been working out so we're going to work him out after Favre.

Bingo!

Remember when Bruce Smith hammered him his rookie year. Welcome to the NFL!

It was Biscuit Bennett who hammered George into the Rich turf. Knocked his ass out!

No, to Cutler, BTW..

OK, let's pretend these guys could be had. My reaction (for what it's worth):

Cutler? HELL NO!

Flacco? Interesting

Palmer? Certainly

Kap? Maybe. Still not quite sure about the dude, but would probably give him a shot.

Dalton? Yup.

Newton? Certainly

So, the only one on this list I wouldn't consider is Cutler, who is most likely the only one who will be available.

Palmer? HELL NO!!

His back ups are still winning games this year for arizona.

What did he do with cin in his prime?

What did he do wtih the raiders?

Arizona can make almost any mediocre qb look good right now.

No, please. No to Palmer. He's a little better than Matt Flynn.

Im also on the no to brady train. He has already shown his decline. If we got him next year, he would suck, I think. Maybe not tuel time suck. But for sure it would not be the "great brady" that every other bill fan loves.

Im positive we will be trading for Aaron Rogers. I'm thinking we can trade at least a 3rd round pick and get him. If that doesn't work out Andrew Luck will certainly be the guy next year.

Im not sure if youre joking here.

Green Bay will not let go of Arod any year soon. And if they did today, or in the near future, which they will not, they would do it for 2 1st round picks. 3rd round pick????