Report: Trestman done in Chi-town

YoloinOhio

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL What would you hope to see, Marrone state in a press conference, "yeah my entire staff will be evaluated at seasons end, and some may find themselves out the door"?? Coaches, GM's, owners will tell you everything is great until they fire the guy. By Jan 5th or so if Hackert is still the OC of the Bill's then I'd agree with you in that I too see no evidence. Until then nothing said or not said means anything.

I guess I was just thinking Wade Phillips/Ronnie Jones type of scenario. He's shown that with Crossman, and that seemed to work out. Who knows, maybe they find a QB and some "core" OL and they see a similar turnaround.

Cutler obviously has his problems, but if I was a Bears fan, I would be a little leary of ditching him without an adequate replacement. This league is littered with teams who are desperate for QB's. The Bears offense (and defense don't forget) are horrid this year, but Cutler and his offensive crew looked pretty decent at times last year...Cutler is an easy target, but I think it would be a really stupid move for them to ditch him.

That said, I wouldn't mind him as a Buffalo Bill, but I also realize, some guys need to be in the right situation to succeed...I don't necessarily think Buffalo would be a good match for Cutler.

Cutler isn't going anywhere. That contract is just too much, it would kill them to cut him. Plus, they're not likely to get anybody better next year.

My brother-in-law is a Bears season-ticket holder, and he told me if they don't fire Trestman he'll become a Bills fan until they do.

yeah Chicago is a real offensive powerhouse. I was listening espn chicago and they bemoaning that fact that Trestman's play calling has no rhyme or reason to it. No thanks

Espn Chicago is not the best source for whether Mark Trestman is a quality offensive coach. As a matter of fact, going into the season there where plenty who thought offense would carry the team in Chicago and be one of the best in the NFL. I don't know him, but I do know that plenty of people who know the game think highly of him. Cutler is the biggest problem in Chicago. An NFL exec," Mark Trestman is a QB whisperer, if he can't help Cutler, it's never going to happen, he's a coach killer".

Edited by 75Bills

Make no mistake. Trestman is an excellent HC and would be a huge upgrade over Marrone. Cutler is what is killing him in Chicago. His support for Cutler and his attempts to work with him to improve have now cost him the respect of the team who hate Cutler. Yes Trestman was a CFL coach and a Grey Cup Championship winner twice, how does that diminish him exactly? Have some of you forgotten Marv? They both coached the Montreal Alouettes no less, to championships and they are both great coaches no matter the league Cutler is the problem in Chicago, not Trestman.

Make no mistake. Trestman is an excellent HC and would be a huge upgrade over Marrone. Cutler is what is killing him in Chicago. His support for Cutler and his attempts to work with him to improve have now cost him the respect of the team who hate Cutler. Yes Trestman was a CFL coach and a Grey Cup Championship winner twice, how does that diminish him exactly? Have some of you forgotten Marv? They both coached the Montreal Alouettes no less, to championships and they are both great coaches no matter the league Cutler is the problem in Chicago, not Trestman.

trestman is also a problem - as he seems in over his head and overwhelmed by the problems.

but that doesnt mean he couldnt be very good in a different role - in fact id venture that he would be very good as our OC, but i think your allowed to criticize the guy for this years meltdown and still think hes a good coach.

trestman is also a problem - as he seems in over his head and overwhelmed by the problems.

but that doesnt mean he couldnt be very good in a different role - in fact id venture that he would be very good as our OC, but i think your allowed to criticize the guy for this years meltdown and still think hes a good coach.

EJ Manuel says hello

EJ Manuel says hello

Huh? If EJ had Trestman instead of Hackett/ Marrone, he'd be a much better QB. In fact, I think we have a better record with Trestman because we'd have a better offense.

Trestman tied himself to a d bag who loves turnovers and they have a terrible defense. That is what going to kill him.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

The Bears have given up the most points in the NFL. Their offense in spite of having many talented players is poor. Trestman hand picked his coordinators and position coaches. He took over a 10-6 team and has gone backwards. He has lost the team. Cutler is part of the problem but he doesn't block or tackle. Trestman is done in Chicago and won't get an NFL head coach job anytime soon or possibly ever.

Huh? If EJ had Trestman instead of Hackett/ Marrone, he'd be a much better QB. In fact, I think we have a better record with Trestman because we'd have a better offense.

Trestman tied himself to a d bag who loves turnovers and they have a terrible defense. That is what going to kill him.

Trestman might be the best thing to happen to EJ-as an OC

Make no mistake. Trestman is an excellent HC and would be a huge upgrade over Marrone. Cutler is what is killing him in Chicago. His support for Cutler and his attempts to work with him to improve have now cost him the respect of the team who hate Cutler.

Cutler is the problem in Chicago, not Trestman.

What has Trestman shown you that says he is a good HC ? If he was, the team wouldn't look so lost and disinterested past the half way mark this year. Their performances have been lackluster and the team has lately been an embrassment.

Cutler for sure is a huge problem, but a HC should be able to get his team to transcend a sucky QB and atleast have them trying to win.