EJ fans read this.

Kellyto83TD

Exactly. and you can see from the moronic posts above that these same folks that fought for RJ, JP, Trent etc are the same ones fighting and making excuses for another failure in EJ. One would think every Bills fan can look at a guy after a season and see he is nothing but the same thing as all the rest by now.

You start a thread and link to some irrelevant article about RGIII - all to continue a crusade against a backup QB who hasn't played in 9 weeks. And you are calling other people moronic....

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a pure pocket passer. One like Jordan Palmer.

I still don't know why they didn't keep him with that footwork he had.

Thanks for the read though KellyTo83. Cosidering there is almost nothing in common between RGIII and EJ it gives me more hope for him in the future.

Edited by The Wiz

I don't think EJ will become that great franchise QB for us but even I think it's silly to try and justify cutting bait with him after 14 starts. Let the kid stay on the bench where he belongs learning from a veteran.

What's the benefit from cutting EJ exactly? His contract is fully guaranteed and it's not like we have some other young prospect waiting to get a shot. What harm is there in waiting to see what he can do come training camp?

I don't think EJ will become that great franchise QB for us but even I think it's silly to try and justify cutting bait with him after 14 starts. Let the kid stay on the bench where he belongs learning from a veteran.

What's the benefit from cutting EJ exactly? His contract is fully guaranteed and it's not like we have some other young prospect waiting to get a shot. What harm is there in waiting to see what he can do come training camp?

So Kelly can move on to his next crusade.

Thanks for the read though KellyTo83. Cosidering there is almost nothing in common between RGIII and EJ it gives me more hope for him in the future.

This + I really have to wonder what (besides race, I guess?) has people constantly trying to call EJ a "running" QB. He wasn't much of a runner in college - he was a pocket or roll-out passer, but he rarely ran - why in hell would he be a runner in the pros?

EJ has started 14 games so far, btw. No need to insist on starting him OR give up on him - either option is absurd.

You start a thread and link to some irrelevant article about RGIII - all to continue a crusade against a backup QB who hasn't played in 9 weeks. And you are calling other people moronic....

Yeah... kind of thinking that too

Edited by BobChalmers

To add to the fake crusade, does the league require him to wear that Bills winter hat with the big Pom Pom on top on the sideline? Or is that his choice of headwear?! If so he clearly lacks good judgment. Let's get Joe B on the case...

What did you say?!?!? Better change your name to YoloinKikoProtection.

23302f742df950db69a57dfbfc54befc.jpg

Edited by The Wiz

Exactly. and you can see from the moronic posts above that these same folks that fought for RJ, JP, Trent etc are the same ones fighting and making excuses for another failure in EJ. One would think every Bills fan can look at a guy after a season and see he is nothing but the same thing as all the rest by now.

Until this latest epic failure by the front office to find a Franchise QB is gone.... yes.

I get ya kelly. +1

Does EJ have a problem with pocket presence? The only guy who used the term "slow eyes" was McShay, and reading defenses can be learned. I don't see the correlation, but then again, I'm not on a crusade.

Gotta laugh at the "slow eyes" criticism when anybody who works with him on a regular basis would tell you that he reads plays too fast. He needs to slow down rather than speed up. With patience comes consistent mechanics, better throws, and more confidence to make plays he is afraid to make.

Somebody may want to prepare Kellyto83TD for the shocking news that Manuel will be given every chance to win the job next off season.

GO BILLS!!!

http://www.washingto...bff8_story.html

One of the more important parts...

"Gruden has seen enough to realize that Griffin is at best a long-term project as a pocket passer. Griffin was too deliberate reading defenses, displayed poor footwork and an alarming lack of pocket presence for a signal-caller in his third NFL season"

EJ wasn't and isn't 1/10 th the Talent RGIII is and EJ has clearly shown he has the same issues AND more. EJ's biggest knocks were he can't read defenses, slow with his eyes, WR's must be wide open for him to make the throw. Nothing has changed since College with EJ.

If Washinton can cut bait with a guy they paid 3 first rounders for, we can cut bait now and not waste 2-3 more years on a guy who clearly doesn't have it.

And before the whining starts, Teams are realizing these spread, running QB's overall arent cutting it in the NFL. It is a very rare exception that they succeed at all (Russell Wilson).

I want them to bring in another QB, but why should the Bills get rid of EJM? Even if he is 3rd on the depth chart, there is nothing more to lose.

"Gruden has seen enough to realize that Griffin is at best a long-term project as a pocket passer. Griffin was too deliberate reading defenses, displayed poor footwork and an alarming lack of pocket presence for a signal-caller in his third NFL season"

EJ wasn't and isn't 1/10 th the Talent RGIII is and EJ has clearly shown he has the same issues AND more. EJ's biggest knocks were he can't read defenses, slow with his eyes, WR's must be wide open for him to make the throw. Nothing has changed since College with EJ.

If Washinton can cut bait with a guy they paid 3 first rounders for, we can cut bait now and not waste 2-3 more years on a guy who clearly doesn't have it.

And before the whining starts, Teams are realizing these spread, running QB's overall arent cutting it in the NFL. It is a very rare exception that they succeed at all (Russell Wilson).

Try telling that to a college coach & a less than experienced OC on a NFL franchise that has the backing of the president of operations ...

Actually, I think this is a diabolical plan to annoy the hell out of TSW so that we will let our voices be heard at OBD and let it be know that we think they should rid the Bills of the scourge that is EJ so that KT83TD will finally STFU about it already... or maybe I'm just tired and need my bottle and binky.

Edited by transient

It was not that long age when no one thought Nigel Bradham would ever be a good player or key part of this defense. But now in his third year he is and looks like he will be for a while. I do not know whether EJ will be a good starting QB in this league or not - but time will tell. Why would you trash him based on the Gruden article about RGiii there is no parallels there RGiii is an egotistical me guy - I have never heard anyone say that about EJ - it is usually just to opposite - I wish the best for him and the Bills

I don't know what I liked most about this post. The blatant misrepresentation, the pedestrian and totally unrelated article, the logical leap from RG3's struggles to EJ and how he compares to Tannehill, or the way you pulled it all together and used your own rambling nonsense to support the conclusion that running QBs cannot succeed. Wasn't aware that EJ was a running QB. Great work today!

I think the warnings were many here.

Don't reach for a QB in a poor quarterback year

Did anybody listen? No

We had to do it anyway.......and its time to pay for another quarterback mistake

I still don't know it can be considered a "reach" when we traded DOWN to get him

This + I really have to wonder what (besides race, I guess?) has people constantly trying to call EJ a "running" QB. He wasn't much of a runner in college - he was a pocket or roll-out passer, but he rarely ran - why in hell would he be a runner in the pros?

EJ has started 14 games so far, btw. No need to insist on starting him OR give up on him - either option is absurd.

Yeah... kind of thinking that too

To be fair, EJ was widely described as a QB who could/would run the read option coming out of college and that the Bills may use him in that capacity.

Gotta laugh at the "slow eyes" criticism when anybody who works with him on a regular basis would tell you that he reads plays too fast. He needs to slow down rather than speed up. With patience comes consistent mechanics, better throws, and more confidence to make plays he is afraid to make.

Somebody may want to prepare Kellyto83TD for the shocking news that Manuel will be given every chance to win the job next off season.

GO BILLS!!!

Too fast? You mean he deciphers and processes the defenses too quickly and then goes through all of his progressions ....too quickly?

That's a unique perspective. Is it even possible?

From now on , can we call these EJ threads "Unhealthy obsessions from mom's basement" ? Talk about beating a dead horse .

And with only 1 post, you've added more to the board than Kelly has with all 1,600 of his.

And K-9 called it - rally on all you like, EJ is going to be here next year and will have a chance to win the job. You may not believe it but EJ's story hasn't been written yet...