My Rant to Jerry Sullivan.

Just got done reading an article that everybody's favorite "Debbie Downer" Jerry Sullivan wrote on yesterday's "victory" over Cleveland.

Look, I get that this is Jerry's schtick about being a realist or whatever the hell. I usually read Sully's columns, turn the other cheek and go on about my day, whether the Bills won or lost.

Today...I just cannot help myself. After reading this nit wits latest column, you'd swear the Bills lost the damn game yesterday. He goes on and on about "if you wanna get excited, go right ahead! But the offense is abysmal and playoff teams dont get shut out in the first half by the Browns!"

Really Jerry? You think all Bills fans far and wide dont see that the offense will, in all likelihood, be the reason we ultimately dont make January? Is this what the freaking Buffalo News pays your butt for? To be "Captain Obvious"?!

How bout this Jerry: Its been 14 years since the Bills made the Playoffs. 14 years since we've been 7-5 this far in. Its been since '04 that we can actually say we have a prayer at the postseason!

Is it false hope? Probably. Can our offense hang with the likes of Manning, Rodgers and Brady down the stretch? Probably not. Do we need a clown like you to point out this stuff to fans that, I'm willing to bet 95 percent of which, have more knowledge in their pinky on the NFL than you and actually PLAYED athletics instead of sitting behind a damn typewriter or computer screen and living off the reputation of being a troll your whole "career" (if that's what you wanna call it).

Jerry, do yourself but mostly, us fans a favor and take the rest of the season off for gods sake! Let the fans just enjoy the moment for once. We haven't had many to "shout" about in the last 14 years. So shut the hell up for once in your life!

GO BILLS

:lol: Who here actually reads him or pays much attention to what he thinks?

Normally, as i said, i don't really care what the guy thinks. But he's going on and on about the Browns bringing Manziel in the game and preparing for the future and having a better plan than the Bills. WE WON THE DAMN GAME! NOT Cleveland!

And btw, Manziel's already proving he's a head case and isn't going to amount to anything more than an RGIII-ish type QB. Sully is delusional, I'm sorry!

I haven't read the article, I never read him. But it was by no means a "great win" like I am seeing in places. There were so many mistakes and flags on both teams it is difficult to ascertain exactly what was going on. The Bills offense was abysmal as has become the norm. The Bills defense was OK in the first half, and seemed to wake up in the second and play their normal tough game.

The Browns defense was also OK in the first half, but their offense was abysmal ... and their defense decided to join the offense in the second half. Train wreck city.

As a Bills fan it was very easy to sit back and enjoy the second half of that game. And any win is a good win, particularly in a "must win" game like that was. But looking at it from any kind of a neutral perspective it is impossible to call it a "great game", in my opinion at least.

If the Bills play like that in 6 days from now, god help them. I mean, near the end of the game the Bills were 0 for 11 on 3rd down conversions I believe. Good god.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Sullivan very rarely adds any insight in his pieces. He tends to let emotion cloud rational judgment. 3 weeks ago he was begging the Bills Front office to give Orton a 5 year contract... then...after 2 subpar games Sullivan completely backtracked and basically said Orton is a bum. Hmmm... maybe the wise thing to do would be to wait until there is a sufficient sample size to make a statement like that. Sullivan's a hack. Since the BN has Carrucci and Graham Sullivan kind of seems like a fifth wheel anyway. Also.. Leo and Sal over at the D&C are getting a little stale.

I haven't read the article, I never read him. But it was by no means a "great win" like I am seeing in places. There were so many mistakes and flags on both teams it is difficult to ascertain exactly what was going on. The Bills offense was abysmal as has become the norm. The Bills defense was OK in the first half, and seemed to wake up in the second and play their normal tough game.

The Browns defense was also OK in the first half, but their offense was abysmal ... and their defense decided to join the offense in the second half. Train wreck city.

As a Bills fan it was very easy to sit back and enjoy the second half of that game. And any win is a good win, particularly in a "must win" game like that was. But looking at it from any kind of a neutral perspective it is impossible to call it a "great game", in my opinion at least.

If the Bills play like that in 6 days from now, god help them. I mean, near the end of the game the Bills were 0 for 11 on 3rd down conversions I believe. Good god.

Agreed. If people would rather just enjoy the win without any context or opinion around it then the highlights on NFL.com seem like a better way to do that than an opinion piece meant to add context to the game.

This was Jerry's post on Twitter yesterday:

Sully_pic_normal.jpgJerry Sullivan @TBNSully · 22h 22 hours ago Despite the score, I'd rather be a Browns fan right now, because they're thinking they have their possible franchise QB on the field.

He probably figured that with all the good press Tim Graham was getting for his Talley story, Twitter was in need of some new douchebags.

:lol: Who here actually reads him or pays much attention to what he thinks?

Exactly!

He's doing what he always does... and right now it's easy to say this win was hollow, we won't make the playoffs. But, you could just as easily blame the position of Jupiter as it's rising through his anus for our impending failure. Why? Because we play 3 of the best teams in the league over the next 4 weeks and have little room for error. But, this way, he gets to come back in a few weeks and say.. .see I'm smart, I told you so.

It's boring, it's predictable. No, the Bills may not make the playoffs. Yes, our offense blows. But, you know what... we just won a game, we're 7-5 for the first time since 2000!, and we're playing in December for a chance at a playoff spot. I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. (and not read anything JS says)

This was Jerry's post on Twitter yesterday:

[/size][/font][/size]

He probably figured that with all the good press Tim Graham was getting for his Talley story, Twitter was in need of some new douchebags.

What is wrong with that tweet? Manziel is young and I'm personally not all the enamored with him, but he's probably a better prospect than Manuel at this point. Right now the Bills and Browns have the same record and it's pretty likely neither team will make the playoffs, but the Browns went most of the season without their number one receiver, and have two first round picks next year to improve themselves.

I'm taking this as a compliment. We must really be good if we get bashed when we don't win in a certain manner.

If I had the time, I would love to document all of the claims and opinions of Jerry Sullivan throughout the year or even over a five year period.

Then at the end of it, use exact quotes of to show his massive contradictions in opinions over time. The man would lose all credibility if someone did this and put it in a simple document.

I judge a man by his character and how he has impacted others. By the impact standards, Jerry is a bad person.

A guy flaunting the "money" sign with his hands while his team is still down 2 scores in what was essentially an elimination game. According to Sully...this guys the future of a franchise. Good luck with that, Cleveland. Pass!

He won't go away but just ignore him. He also said Trestman is a better coach and Bills should have signed him instead....He knows very little about sports

Just read the Jerry Sullivan article, I find it to be honest and accurate. The reality of the situation is the Bills are not a playoff team. The month of December will prove that.

The Bills are in better shape now than at any point in the last ten years, going into the off season with a great defense.

If we finally get a decent draft, make a couple significant FA acquisitions on the offensive side of the ball we can make a serious run at the playoffs next year.

We are about to enter the most interesting off season in quite awhile.

Just read the Jerry Sullivan article, I find it to be honest and accurate. The reality of the situation is the Bills are not a playoff team. The month of December will prove that.

The Bills are in better shape now than at any point in the last ten years, going into the off season with a great defense.

If we finally get a decent draft, make a couple significant FA acquisitions on the offensive side of the ball we can make a serious run at the playoffs next year.

We are about to enter the most interesting off season in quite awhile.

The last 2-3 drafts have been pretty good.

Just got done reading an article that everybody's favorite "Debbie Downer" Jerry Sullivan wrote on yesterday's "victory" over Cleveland.

Look, I get that this is Jerry's schtick about being a realist or whatever the hell. I usually read Sully's columns, turn the other cheek and go on about my day, whether the Bills won or lost.

Today...I just cannot help myself. After reading this nit wits latest column, you'd swear the Bills lost the damn game yesterday. He goes on and on about "if you wanna get excited, go right ahead! But the offense is abysmal and playoff teams dont get shut out in the first half by the Browns!"

Really Jerry? You think all Bills fans far and wide dont see that the offense will, in all likelihood, be the reason we ultimately dont make January? Is this what the freaking Buffalo News pays your butt for? To be "Captain Obvious"?!

How bout this Jerry: Its been 14 years since the Bills made the Playoffs. 14 years since we've been 7-5 this far in. Its been since '04 that we can actually say we have a prayer at the postseason!

Is it false hope? Probably. Can our offense hang with the likes of Manning, Rodgers and Brady down the stretch? Probably not. Do we need a clown like you to point out this stuff to fans that, I'm willing to bet 95 percent of which, have more knowledge in their pinky on the NFL than you and actually PLAYED athletics instead of sitting behind a damn typewriter or computer screen and living off the reputation of being a troll your whole "career" (if that's what you wanna call it).

Jerry, do yourself but mostly, us fans a favor and take the rest of the season off for gods sake! Let the fans just enjoy the moment for once. We haven't had many to "shout" about in the last 14 years. So shut the hell up for once in your life!

GO BILLS

He's a Jets fan, this doesn't surprise me.

Or an objective opinion.

"Browns fans must be excited to see their franchise quarterback on the field" is an objective opinion.

"Despite the score, I'd rather be a Browns fans..." from a sportswriter who covers the Bills is a douchemonkey comment designed to antagonize.

Gilmore, Glenn, Bradham, Woods, Kiko, Duke Williams, Watkins, Preston Brown, Seantrel Henderson......or did you actually need the definition of the word "good"

besides all those players, name 1 good player they've drafted in the last couple years.

Gilmore, Glenn, Bradham, Woods, Kiko, Duke Williams, Watkins, Preston Brown, Seantrel Henderson......or did you actually need the definition of the word "good"

besides all those players, name 1 good player they've drafted in the last couple years.

Ha! Love it :lol:

While we definitely need to improve drafting on the Offensive side, our top-rated D is basically home grown. Even more so if you include Kiko.

We could look at a Defense containing:

Mario-Kyle-Dareus-Hughes

Bradham-Brown-Alonso

Gilmore-McKelvin-Robey

A.Williams-Searcy-D.Williams

Of those 13 players, only 2 weren't drafted by the Bills. But Hughes was traded straight-up for a player we did draft, so there is even that angle. Basically, Mario is the only FA we have brought in on Defense.

If we can keep this unit together, and have half the amount of success as we address the offensive needs, we'll be winning a lot of games.

Edited by DrDareustein

Oh. A complaint about Jerry Sullivan. This is interesting. While we're at it, let me just say this. EJ sucks. Orton sucks. Hacket sucks. Marrone sucks. Whaley sucks. The refs cheated us. If I'm missing anything, let me know.

Yes, your avatar sucks.

Just kidding partner. i can't stand that tool for trying to steal our team. "May god be with you Pegula"

Ha! Love it :lol:

While we definitely need to improve drafting on the Offensive side, our top-rated D is basically home grown. Even more so if you include Kiko.

We could look at a Defense containing:

Mario-Kyle-Dareus-Hughes

Bradham-Brown-Alonso

Gilmore-McKelvin-Robey

A.Williams-Searcy-D.Williams

Of those 13 players, only 2 weren't drafted by the Bills. But Hughes was traded straight-up for a player we did draft, so there is even that angle. Basically, Mario is the only FA we have brought in on Defense.

If we can keep this unit together, and have half the amount of success as we address the offensive needs, we'll be winning a lot of games.

Lets say Whaley is smart enough to find the money to keep everyone (He can with the increase in the cap and no chance for a franchise QB so we don't have to cough up $20 mil/yr), aren't you just salivating to see Kiko as the Wil, and we improve that much more. We'll be in Seahawks territory for scary good on defense.