Mario for Kaepernick?

prissythecat

A number of resident QB experts here have repeatedly posted in past about what a stud QB Kaepernick is. And I'm pretty sure he has the BB seal of approval. However, he hasn't really played well in the past two seasons after the read option fad went away .

Perhaps a change of scenery will benefit Kaepernick and the Niners--who are not making the best use of a very talented roster currently. Mario is probably one of our more attractive trade candidates . And we need to have another QB option for next year .

Thoughts ?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A number of resident QB experts here have repeatedly posted in past about what a stud QB Kaepernick is. And I'm pretty sure he has the BB seal of approval. However, he hasn't really played well in the past two seasons after the read option fad went away .

Perhaps a change of scenery will benefit Kaepernick and the Niners--who are not making the best use of a very talented roster currently. Mario is probably one of our more attractive trade candidates . And we need to have another QB option for next year .

Thoughts ?

I love this idea. In fact, we should probably look at trading Dareus, too. Perhaps for, oh, I don't know ... Manziel, so we have a decent young backup. Gutting the D in order to land a questionable quarterback has been the recipe for success for lots of other teams in NFL history. Unfortunately, I have no Internet access right now, so I can't look them all up/list them. But you get the gist.

No, No and NO!

I would not trade Mario, period. And if I traded for QB, I would take an A Smith over a Kaepernick first. As House said, that style of QB just has a terribly short self life due to the beating they take. I see the NFL love affair with the Run Option QB as a gimmick that will lose it's luster after a brief time

Thoughts ?

That tells you what you need to know. :lol: The 49ers and Harbaugh want a do over on the decision to jettison Alex Smith.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz