Mario for Kaepernick?

prissythecat

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A number of resident QB experts here have repeatedly posted in past about what a stud QB Kaepernick is. And I'm pretty sure he has the BB seal of approval. However, he hasn't really played well in the past two seasons after the read option fad went away .

Perhaps a change of scenery will benefit Kaepernick and the Niners--who are not making the best use of a very talented roster currently. Mario is probably one of our more attractive trade candidates . And we need to have another QB option for next year .

Thoughts ?

I really wish people would ask themselves why would the other team do this or if you were a fan of the other team would you still think this was a good trade when suggesting these ridiculous ideas.

The 49ers would not part with him, I wouldn't want him as he is not accurate, and you don't give away your best asset in Mario.

The only answer is we have to hit in the draft. Orton holds us over for another year and we draft one in 2016.

We can also take a flyer on Bradford.

I am not a fan of this style quarterback, seems like the shelf life is 2 years

RG3, Cam Newton,Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell

:flirt: Are you truly equating Jabustus with the other 3? For that matter, I don't think Young belongs in the same sentence with Newton and RG3. They're all 4 black, that's about the extent of the commonality.

Couple of things.

The moment any post mentions a BB favored QB, it pretty much implies it's tongue I'm cheek ;-)

Secondly, its amazing how negative the reaction to Kaepernick is now when just two season ago everyone was saying how amazing he was and how Buddy messed up not drafting him. Just goes to show how fickle folks can be. It's more about what is the coolest new shiny toy rather than evaluating actual talent and longevity.

Lastly, quite a few folks kept talking about how the Mario signing was a supreme waste of money. For instance, I still remember the arguments about how if the Bills had drafted Jason Pierre Paul instead then no need to spend all that money . Now compare the performance of Mario and JPP the past few seasons and we can see what the equivalence is. Even adjusting for JPPs injury issues, it's not even close. Mario over JPP all day.