A Few Ramblings About The Bills And Bills Fans.....

Bill from NYC

1) I am not the optimistic sort, but I have a an inkling that we are going to win this football game on Sunday.

2) I am starting to think that Hackett isn't so bad. In the offseason, he based his offense around Manuel and Thad Lewis, 2 running qbs (or so they say). They both sucked, and he had to rebuild around Orton, who in terms of style is their polar opposite.

3) Go ahead and blast me for this.....curse at me and call me a moron, but I hope that the Bills sign Ryan Mallett in the offseason. You know why? Because he would cost pennies. And like you, I do suspect that he is a total idiot. But IF he can straighten out, he could hit Watkins on the hands with 60 yard post patterns.

4) I am thankful to see that WNY is recovering from this storm. You people are amazing. Nemo was the worst blizzard that I have ever lived through and you had twice that. I pray that none of you suffered losses.

5) Brad Hopkins on Sirius likened the Bills with EJ Manuel to having a shiny new Ferrari with a 16 year old behind the wheel. He didn't rave about Orton mind you, but did say that he was better and that Bills Fans should be thankful.

6) I hope I will have time to post after the game on Sunday.

7) Mario and Woods took over the Jet game, and Robey keeps making plays.

8) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

1) I am not the optimistic sort, but I have a an inkling that we are going to win this football game on Sunday.

2) I am starting to think that Hackett isn't so bad. In the offseason, he based his offense around Manuel and Thad Lewis, 2 running qbs (or so they say). They both sucked, and he had to rebuild around Orton, who in terms of style is their polar opposite.

3) Go ahead and blast me for this.....curse at me and call me a moron, but I hope that the Bills sign Ryan Mallett in the offseason. You know why? Because he would cost pennies. And like you, I do suspect that he is a total idiot. But IF he can straighten out, he could hit Watkins on the hands with 60 yard post patterns.

4) I am thankful to see that WNY is recovering from this storm. You people are amazing. Nemo was the worst blizzard that I have ever lived through and you had twice that. I pray that none of you suffered losses.

5) Brad Hopkins on Sirius likened the Bills with EJ Manuel to having a shiny new Ferrari with a 16 year old behind the wheel. He didn't rave about Orton mind you, but did say that he was better and that Bills Fans should be thankful.

i agree with this post except I dont agree with the idea that nathaniel hackett isnt so bad. Hes pretty terrible. Its hard to recall but there have been several games this season where playcalling lost us the game. The KC game had 4 passes into the endzone when the first down marker was at like the 10 or 5 or something. There have been many games where we have run it up the middle on 2nd or 3rd and long. Against the Texans we threw the ball over 40 times and one of those times was a JJ Watt pick six(the game was 10-0 because of our defensive play before this).

You don't have to revamp the entire offense at all with the new QB change. Marrone and Hackett brag they can run multiple offenses out of their playbook. They have already run all the formations and plays they need to run to be successful IMO. It's just a matter of practicing and using the correct groupings, formations, plays, etc that are already there and scrapping others that play to our weaknesses.

Happy Holidays Bill.

I was a big fan of Mallett coming out of Arkansas, and I do believe in the right system he can succeed. He has a rocket for an arm, and although not mobile, he can chuck it with the best of them, and he's pretty accurate from what I've seen. If he could be had for the right price, I'd give him a look-see.

I actually watched most of the Texans-Bengals game on Sunday and Mallett played as poorly as I've seen a QB play in quite some time. He looked flat out awful.

He was playing with a torn pectoral muscle the whole game. He looked better against the Browns.

He was playing with a torn pectoral muscle the whole game. He looked better against the Browns.

Mallet = mike Glennon = Bothsuckitis.

Great arm when not rushed or asked to do much else. Great highlights showing off great arm. Over time lack of the 14 other important elements of being a good NFL qb are blatantly evident.

In other words, let the 16 year old learn to drive the Ferrari and we'll be off to the races

Did he have it the whole game? If so, then I guess I'd grant him a reprieve on that but man he looked terrible. But if he looked like Tom Brady in his first start and in his second start he was hurt so his performance doesn't count, then I would venture to guess he won't be so readily available.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

The Bills offense is anything but a Ferrari even if they had Peyton behind the wheel.

• Still no receiving TE, Chandler is a shadow of his former self and his former self was average at best.
  • The OL is a mess again, after 15 years of poor OL play one would think we could put together a decent unit. We improved last year but this year is two steps back.
  • The best rushing attack in the league has been transformed into something very below average, with or without FJax and CJ.
  • The WRs are no better this year than in years past. First four games they were afraid to run their routes for fear of getting killed. Now, there is no consistency, Sammy has done nothing for a month. Woods and Hogan are both off and on.
  • There are no draw plays, counter plays, end arounds or well designed screens they are just not in the game plan Very little pre-snap movement, we never try to freeze a defender with fake hand-off. Nothing is ever done to try to confuse a defense. Unless being very obvious with a run up the middle or around the end is meant to confuse them with its naivete.

Mallett is an interesting thought. I guess there would be little downside to swapping him with Tuel as the "developmental" QB.

The above was my exact point. And I will add that Cutler makes at least 17 million, right. So does Stafford and as I recall Flacco gets 21 mil. Orton, EJ and Mallet combined would earn approx. 10 mil. so it wouldn't be tough on the purse nor the salary cap.

You don't have to revamp the entire offense at all with the new QB change. Marrone and Hackett brag they can run multiple offenses out of their playbook. They have already run all the formations and plays they need to run to be successful IMO. It's just a matter of practicing and using the correct groupings, formations, plays, etc that are already there and scrapping others that play to our weaknesses.

Happy Holidays Bill.

Thanks Bro. :)

I used to think the same but James Lofton said otherwise. He said that the offense had to be completely revamped because of the switch to Orton and credited Hackett.

[*]The WRs are no better this year than in years past. First four games they were afraid to run their routes for fear of getting killed. Now, there is no consistency, Sammy has done nothing for a month. Woods and Hogan are both off and on.

Your complaints about the OL are valid. I cannot however agree wit the above. Watkins, whether one agrees with the trade or not, is great (although seemingly hampered by injury). Woods is much improved and actually took over a football game. Hogan is an interesting wideout. Great? Of course not but I sure will take him over TJ Graham.

Btw, the Watkins trade will debated for years and for good reason. I can totally see both sides of the issue.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill, I haven't seen your "in no particular order" posts in a couple of weeks. Your slacking bud. :-). Usually I agree with most of your comments, but not on Mallet and Hacket.

With Mallet, if we picked him up for the league minimum and work him out, maybe, but I haven't seen anything to suggest a franchise QB.

As far as Hacket, I was listening to Brad Hopkins and James Lofton as well, and Lofton tried to say he was impressed how Hackett prepped for an EJ offense with read option stuff, to a pocket QB in Orton. I understand the point, but he should have more successfully adapted at a faster pace.

To go from the 2nd highest rushing team to 20th, sucks. Yes, Fred and CJ were hurt, but CJ was ineffective before his injury.

Thanks Bro. :)

I used to think the same but James Lofton said otherwise. He said that the offense had to be completely revamped because of the switch to Orton and credited Hackett.

But we have already seen all of the offense he needs to run. So he needs to completely revamp the offense again just so he can run the same formations and plays? The point isn't the offense has to change, as I said. The point is of the plays they already have and practice, he needs to swap the amount of 8-9 in the box inducing plays with the amount of extra 1-2 DB away from the OL inducing plays. That change takes 35 seconds.

I actually watched most of the Texans-Bengals game on Sunday and Mallett played as poorly as I've seen a QB play in quite some time. He looked flat out awful.

I agree to an extent. Unless you have watched Gary Marangi, you haven't seen the worst. As for Mallet, he was consistently throwing behind his receivers. Unable to lead his receivers at all. It was not a pretty sight......

I agree to an extent. Unless you have watched Gary Marangi, you haven't seen the worst. As for Mallet, he was consistently throwing behind his receivers. Unable to lead his receivers at all. It was not a pretty sight......

I forgot to add it was very much like Manuel's throws.

Did he have it the whole game? If so, then I guess I'd grant him a reprieve on that but man he looked terrible. But if he looked like Tom Brady in his first start and in his second start he was hurt so his performance doesn't count, then I would venture to guess he won't be so readily available.

Yes http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11928065/ryan-mallett-houston-texans-played-right-pectoral-injury-vs-cincinnati-bengals

Mallett still doesn't have a whole portfolio of work, but that game was particularly bad due to injury. At this point he is worth the low draft choice the Texans paid.