Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay... What happens now? Houston looks like it will win (good) and Pittsburgh too (bad). How does this play out with SD winning.

We are still in it till the bitter end right? That's assuming they beat the Raiders and Cheats.

What needs to happen next week? SD loses right? Baltimore also has to lose too?

Pitt win is good, I believe. I think we need KC to beat SD next week.

Okay... What happens now? Houston looks like it will win (good) and Pittsburgh too (bad). How does this play out with SD winning.

We are still in it till the bitter end right? That's assuming they beat the Raiders and Cheats.

What needs to happen next week? SD loses right? Baltimore also has to lose too?

Pit win is good. Last thing we want are both KC and SD winning this week and then meeting next week guaranteeing one finishes ahead of us.

Updated

Assume Baltimore loses given 3 score deficit

Buffalo win 2

Cincinnati lose on Monday

KC beat SD or they tie

Either Cincinnati or Baltimore lose next Sunday

Win/lose to DEN doesn't matter...CIN/PIT would be for division title. If Indy wins out there ould be a wild card rematch of Cincinnati and Pittsburgh

In the NFC

Atlanta Carolina winner take all next week

Philadelphia only hope...Dallas lose 2 and they win next week.

If Dallas wins Seattle gets in too.

The scenario on seattle...they and Dallas both lose out...Philadelphia wins the division by winning, then Seattle loses tiebreaker to Dallas.

Detroit Green Bay fir division.

So now that almost (thanks again Harbaugh ya choke artist) every game so far went our way, it would be the Billsiest thing ever to lose at Raiders. Please please Bills show us you are different!

I'm too jaded not to think this way, but I also figured Rogers would lead a game winning drive from his own 10, so hopefully we are in fact looking at a new Bills team.

Update following 1pm game results:

If Bills win out AND:

1) Week 16 DEN beats CIN, then in Week 17:

1A) PIT beats CIN, SD beats KC, CLE beats BAL.

1B) PIT beats CIN, KC beats/ties SD, CLE/BAL irrelevant.

1C) CIN beats/ties PIT, CLE beats/ties BAL, KC beats/ties SD.

2) Week 16 CIN beats DEN, then in Week 17 CLE beats/ties BAL, KC beats/ties SD, CIN/PIT irrelevant.

If Bills win 1, tie 1 AND

1) In Week 17 CLE beats BAL, KC beats SD, CIN/PIT irrelevant (Week 16 DEN/CIN is irrelevant).

In the Bills 9-6-1 scenario, we cannot get ahead of CIN or PIT so it requires everyone else to be 9-7 or worse.

Based on this, if the Bills win we should be rooting for DEN over CIN.

Edited by HalftimeAdjustment

I'm excluding ties as a possibility... so we need wins the final two games and also two of the following three things:

1) Bengals lose to Denver and Pittsburgh (those games matter to DEN and PIT for seeding purposes),

2) Chargers lose to Chiefs (KC is at home and still in the hunt themselves),

3) Ravens lose to Browns (Browns are out but could play spoiler role vs. a rival like the Redskins vs. Eagles).

Playoff machine is either broken or is giving us a lot more tie breakers than we are giving credit for.

yeah i can't make us miss at 10-6 (although we may not beat oakland at this rate). SD/KC game is only for our 5th or 6th seeding. What are we missing?

Edited by halijack