Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

Forget all that stuff, and we can worry about the Bills in week 17.

What really matters THIS weekend is that the Browns beat the Panthers and the Falcons beat the Saints.

With those two outcomes, we keep alive a very good chance that a six win team makes the playoffs.

Six wins! That's the kind of stuff that keeps 7-9 Dick Jauron up at night!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twenty things you need to know about Week 16's injury report

San Diego Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen (collarbone, ankle) and running back Ryan Mathews (ankle) officially out against the 49ers on Saturday. Tight end Ladarius Green (ankle, concussion) and defensive tackle Corey Liuget (ankle) are questionable.

The San Francisco 49ers will be without linebacker Chris Borland (ankle), running back Carlos Hyde (ankle) and wide receiver Stevie Johnson (knee) against the Chargers.

NYT N.F.L. PLAYOFF SIMULATOR - How the Buffalo Bills Can Make the Playoffs

With two weeks and 31 games remaining, there are about 618 trillion different ways the N.F.L. regular season could end. How many of those put the Bills in the playoffs? Far too many to check by hand.

So we built this simulator. Most calculators force you to choose the winners of each remaining game. Here, you can choose the outcomes of just a few games and see how your team’s chances grow or shrink.

Somebody tell me quickly -- I don't want to go through all of the permutations -- what was the impact of Jacksonville's win last night on the Bills' chances?

That one of them had to lose so the Jets are still 6th overall pick at 3-11!! Bad time to suck.

Edited by What a Tuel

Hogwash. I guarantee you the Bills are not "scared" to play the Pats.* If they're good enough they'll win; if not (or if Walt Coleman is the referee), they won't.

I'm a lot more concerned about pats 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th man, than I am the Bills playing them straight up

Edited by JTSP

Given all th tie breakers we lose I would have guessed worse than 1 in 3

the more I think about that part, you're right. I was too optimistic but I guess I can't get to the point where I can imagine the Bill winning in Foxboro. So if they did, for some reason, that equaled playoffs to me. Haha.

the more I think about that part, you're right. I was too optimistic but I guess I can't get to the point where I can imagine the Bill winning in Foxboro. So if they did, for some reason, that equaled playoffs to me. Haha.

I'm preparing for two scenarios that are both very Buffalo Billian.

1.) Bills find a way to lose in Oakland (They haven't won there since 1966, similar to the Pack's strange winless record in Buffalo)

2.) All the rest of the NFL wins break right for the Bills to be 6th, The Bills are leading in Foxborro by 6 with 3 mins left, then Spiller fumbles after catching a dump off. Pats recover and return to Bills 30, then Brady throws a TD pass with a minute left to take the lead. We then watch Orton try to get the Bills in FG position but he takes a strip sack fumble and the game is over.

I'm pretty certain it's going to be option 1.) or 2.).

Edited by Why So Serious?

1.) Bills find a way to lose in Oakland (They haven't won there since 1966, similar to the Pack's strange winless record in Buffalo)

2.) All the rest of the NFL wins break right for the Bills to be 6th, The Bills are leading in Foxborro by 6 with 3 mins left, then Spiller fumbles after catching a dump off. Pats recover and return to Bills 30, then Brady throws a TD pass with a minute left to take the lead. We then watch Orton try to get the Bills in FG position but he takes a strip sack fumble and the game is over.

3) Bills win in Oakland and are on their way to winning in New England with a Tom Brady Pick Six, when we get the news that Cincinatti beat Pittsburgh, and there is no way to get to the playoffs, even if we win.

4) Bills win out, and are on their way to winning in New England, when we get the news that everything went our way, and we are going to the playoffs for the first time in 14 years.

3) Bills win in Oakland and are on their way to winning in New England with a Tom Brady Pick Six, when we get the news that Cincinatti beat Pittsburgh, and there is no way to get to the playoffs, even if we win.

4) Bills win out, and are on their way to winning in New England, when we get the news that everything went our way, and we are going to the playoffs for the first time in 14 years.

Fantastical !

but I like it.

Why the hell not ?

It's a new day in Buffalo. Those things no longer happen here:

10675572_1017636474929335_1979524201548368832_n.jpg?oh=5643f9ee22f3a341edd277f4e6434483&oe=55431F18&__gda__=1425946440_b5447f94e6e1b893688da4cd098a2cd2