Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

I went to bed last night early in such a good mood...

EDIT: I guess that's what you do when you're a playoff caliber team...you find ways to win in the pinch. You don't lose 10 point leads at home and essentially and literally give games away, especially ones against playoff contenders.

I also went to bed early in a good mood.

I'm not a conspiracy theory person, but both of the games yesterday were won by the team that keeps the complicated playoff picture alive. That will make more people want to watch and see what happens.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 530, the dog has already peed in the hotel room, the wife is pissed at me for snoring, and I just saw that SD beat SF in OT. Oh...did I mention that we're heading to the in laws--and he's a huge Pats* fan? Other than six more hours of driving, I figure this day can't get any worse. Bills, Steelers, and whoever the F else needs to win, win.

Postscript: The Jim Beam is buried under 50 metric tons of gifts in the car. Contemplating...

This made me laugh. Let's hope today is a better day!

I went to bed last night early in such a good mood...I guess that's what you do when you're a playoff caliber team...you find ways to win in the pinch.

When I saw Rivers huddling with a composed, confident looking Frank Reich on the sidelines during the tying touchdown drive...that's when I felt the hammer of doom begin to drop.

Postscript: The Jim Beam is buried under 50 metric tons of gifts in the car. Contemplating...

This is no time for New York to be banning powdered alcohol.

At 530, the dog has already peed in the hotel room, the wife is pissed at me for snoring, and I just saw that SD beat SF in OT. Oh...did I mention that we're heading to the in laws--and he's a huge Pats* fan? Other than six more hours of driving, I figure this day can't get any worse. Bills, Steelers, and whoever the F else needs to win, win.

This was great..what i needed.

I am really pissed at my son...got home in the 2nd half of game, laid down on couch to watch the game with him and it was 28-7 Niners.

I woke up bout 1 on the couch, without a peep from him, went to bed for a few. Got up early, said eh will watch 2nd half.

That little chucklehead never got me up during that 2nd half??? I was convinced they had to win cause he would have got me up if they lost. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Edited by plenzmd1

well, not entirely true i dont think. If Ravens and Cinci both lose out,and Pittsburgh wins out, and San Diego wins next week, machine has us as sixth seed.

Only Cinci needs to lose out.

But that is my lost post on the scenarios until after the Raiders game.

Just win baby!

We still have a chance if KC beats Pittsburgh, though it's unlikely. If the NFC North completely tanks (Cincy loses to Denver, and Baltimore loses their last two) then we're in.

At this point, it actually behooves us that Pittsburgh/Cincy and KC/SD play each other in week 17.

The problem is that Baltimore would have to lose to Case Keenum and Johnny Manziel. I wouldn't be surprised if things are over by the time we kickoff at 4:25 today.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

for those still looking for the miracle with a Bills sweep

based on Defense Wins criteria (which has KC over SD next week) AS LONG as

A) The Bungles loose 2 and

B) the Steelers win today it cancels the SD win and the Bills could still get the 6th

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

We still have a chance if KC beats Pittsburgh, though it's unlikely. If the NFC North completely tanks (Cincy loses to Denver, and Baltimore loses their last two) then we're in.

At this point, it actually behooves us that Pittsburgh/Cincy and KC/SD play each other in week 17.

The problem is that Baltimore would have to lose to Case Keenum and Johnny Manziel. I wouldn't be surprised if things are over by the time we kickoff at 4:25 today.

I still think there is a good chance Pitt beats KC and then next week KC beats SD at home. Still need Cincy to lose this week and next.

I think the team the Bills can't worry about is Baltimore. They have a pretty easy schedule.

I can actually see the Ravens losing today...ole Case has nothing to lose, Ravens secondary is hurting, a tad bit of overconfidence creeps in...

So here my call..Foster runs for 185, Case kills em with a few long balls while the Ravens have 8 in the box..win 21-20.

BTW, i really really wish Fitz was playing, Would love for him to be a big part in the Bills getting to the playoffs...would have been poetic as they say

I can actually see the Ravens losing today...ole Case has nothing to lose, Ravens secondary is hurting, a tad bit of overconfidence creeps in...

ditto

the Ravens W/L will not effect the Bills chances. Again the Steelers games matter as they too have to win out

Just wanted to add "Stupid San Fran!".

+1

I still think there is a good chance Pitt beats KC and then next week KC beats SD at home. Still need Cincy to lose this week and next.

I think the team the Bills can't worry about is Baltimore. They have a pretty easy schedule.

So, if we ignore Baltimore's chances of losing 2 in a row, we're basically looking at a 6-game parlay...

Pitt beats KC

Bills beat Oakland

Denver beats Cincy

Bills beat Pats

Pitt beats Cincy

KC beats SD

It's highly unlikely, but not preposterous.

ditto

the Ravens W/L will not effect the Bills chances. Again the Steelers games matter as they too have to win out

+1

Well, i think it does...not losing just this one, but if they lose out they have 9 wins...if we win out we have 10...and if the bengals lose out...we can still get in even with Chargers winning next week.

(assumes Pittsburgh win today)

ditto

+1

Yes they do

I'm not sure the Texans have a shot to beat Baltimore but I never rule out division games (Browns @ Ravens). Those games can be scary. Like Kansas City against Oakland a few weeks ago.

Edited by What a Tuel

Well, i think it does...not losing just this one, but if they lose out they have 9 wins...if we win out we have 10...and if the bengals lose out...we can still get in even with Chargers winning next week.

(assumes Pittsburgh win today)

Yes they do

I'm not sure the Texans have a shot to beat Baltimore but I never rule out division games. Those games can be scary. Like Kansas City against Oakland a few weeks ago.

I understand the Bills "could" get the 5th seed in that scenario...

I am trying to keep my predictions as realistic as possible. I feel most outcomes are achievable except the W vs NE*

Manziel winning in Balto is not one of them