Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Provided the Bills win out, if three of the following five scenarios play out, Buffalo would end the NFL's longest streak of consecutive seasons without a playoff appearance at 14.

Cincinnati (9-4-1) loses its remaining two games, against Denver and at Pittsburgh.

Baltimore (9-5) loses its remaining two games, against Houston and against Cleveland.

Pittsburgh (9-5) loses its remaining two games, against Kansas City and against Cincinnati.

Kansas City (8-6) loses one of its remaining two games, at Pittsburgh and against San Diego.

San Diego (8-6) loses one of its remaining two games, at San Francisco and at Kansas City.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/bills-cant-worry-about-postseason-status-20141215

This is not correct. It much simpler.

If Buffalo Wins out, Pittsburgh wins out, and SD loses 1 game @SanFran or @KC the Bills are in.

The rest of the stuff doesn't matter.

Obviously beating New England in New England is the problem.

But everyone needs to be big Steelers fan the rest of the season.

If Buffalo Wins out, Pittsburgh wins out, and SD loses 1 game @SanFran or @KC the Bills are in.

Please explain to me how we beat out Cincy, Pittsburgh, or Baltimore in your scenario. You cannot because you, in fact, are the one that is incorrect. We need at least one of those teams to lose both of their games. End of story.

Edited by Mark80

Please explain to me how we beat out Cincy, Pittsburgh, or Baltimore in your scenario. You cannot because you, in fact, are the one that is incorrect. We need at least one of those teams to lose both of their games. End of story.

The thing missing here is that Cincinnati needs to lose this week too. If that happens, he's right. I just checked using espn's playoff machine.

in your scenario : cin, bal & pit could be ahead of the bills

buf 10-6

pit 10-6

sd 9-7

it's possible

cin 10-5-1

kc 9-7

bal 11-5

Bottom line, we need someone in the AFC North to lose their last two games. Doesn't matter who, Baltimore, Cincinnati, or Pittsburgh. I think the most likely to lose both games is Cincy. They play Denver and Pitt. Pitt will most likely beat KC, so root for them to win both. Baltimore is not losing to both Houston and the Browns. There will be hope if SF wins Saturday.

Go SF, Denver, and Pittsburgh!

in your scenario : cin, bal & pit could be ahead of the bills

buf 10-6

pit 10-6

sd 9-7

it's possible

cin 10-5-1

kc 9-7

bal 11-5

Upon further Review I have an update:

If Buffalo Wins out, Pittsburgh wins out, Denver beats Cinci, and SD loses 1 game @SanFran or @KC the Bills are in.

Bottom line, we need someone in the AFC North to lose their last two games. Doesn't matter who, Baltimore, Cincinnati, or Pittsburgh. I think the most likely to lose both games is Cincy. They play Denver and Pitt. Pitt will most likely beat KC, so root for them to win both. Baltimore is not losing to both Houston and the Browns. There will be hope if SF wins Saturday.

Go SF, Denver, and Pittsburgh!

This. And root for Houston also, just for kicks.

Really hope the 49ers have not thrown in the towel on Harbaugh the season. They're still good enough to beat anybody.

This. And root for Houston also, just for kicks.

Really hope the 49ers have not thrown in the towel on Harbaugh the season. They're still good enough to beat anybody.

At the very least there's a few players that are playing for their jobs/future contracts, so hopefully they show up to play.

So the playoff machine is telling me a 9-5-2 Bengals team would beat out a 10-6 Bills team for the 6th seed.

That can't be true right? More wins always trumps other records right?

I thought this thing would be built to be flawless.

Per NFL rules, ties count for .5 wins and .5 losses a piece. So in that case they are really 10-6 and own the tie-breaker on us based on AFC record, so yes, it is true.

is the playoff generator accurate…the way i did it is if the bills win out and pitt wins out and sd has at least 1 loss….we are in regardless

nope i did that wrong…den needs to beat cincy this week

Edited by zevo

so many damn threads on THIS playoff topic....

http://forums.twobil...ay/page__st__40

using the playoff machine, THE easiest way to go - Start with Defense rankings That is a Bills sweep. You change on game outcome and wallah

Week 16 - KC @ Pitt. Pitt Wins, SD @ SF, SF Wins, Ravens @ Houston, Ravens Wins, Broncos @ BenGals, Donk's Win

Week 17 - Brownies @ Ravens, Ravens Win, BenGals @ Stillers, Stillers Win, SD @ KC, KC wins

@ 10-6 the Bills get the 6th seed, And oh yeah, they will need the NFL Gods @ their back

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

so many damn threads on THIS playoff topic....

http://forums.twobil...ay/page__st__40

using the playoff machine, THE easiest way to go - Start with Defense rankings That is a Bills sweep. You change on game outcome and wallah

Week 16 - KC @ Pitt. Pitt Wins, SD @ SF, SF Wins, Ravens @ Houston, Ravens Wins, Broncos @ BenGals, Donk's Win

Week 17 - Brownies @ Ravens, Ravens Win, BenGals @ Stillers, Stillers Win, SD @ KC, KC wins

@ 10-6 the Bills get the 6th seed, And oh yeah, they will need the NFL Gods @ their back

yep…its easier just to say we need Pitt to win out…Den to win this week….SD to lose 1….and Bills win out