Will Schwartz be a Head Coach next year?

Schwartz  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jim Schwartz be a Head Coach in 2015?

• Yes (Head Coach of the Bills)
    • Yes (Of a different team)
    • No

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whisenhunt also had a stronger grasp on his team. Schwartzs teams were reckless on and off the field and committed many mistakes. I still think Schwartz will get another go next year considering the amount of vacancies there should be.

Well, that's the perspective of the fans. General managers are paid to be objective. The Bills finished 6-10 and Pettine got hired because it was obvious that his defense wasn't part of the problem in Buffalo. I imagine the same could hold true for Schwartz.

Other than getting nice sack numbers, our defense was horrible last year. Pettine did not get the job because of Buffalo's defense. He was the only one who would take the job. Schwartz might get more looks because it seems like our defense could be a top 10 or top 5 one.

Well, that's the perspective of the fans. General managers are paid to be objective. The Bills finished 6-10 and Pettine got hired because it was obvious that his defense wasn't part of the problem in Buffalo. I imagine the same could hold true for Schwartz.

He wasn't a candidate at any of the other openings... And wasn't in Cleveland until they got about 10 guys deep... And even then they were fighting like hell not to hire him. You can't act like GMs thought he was a good bet simply because he ended up in the job. It might have been the most incompetent coaching search in a decade to end up with him even getting an interview.

Edited by NoSaint

If Cleveland fires Pettine, I fully expect Schwartz to be their coach next year.

GO BILLS!!!

I think Cleveland has the same record as the Bills right now. Pettine is winning over at the Dawg Pond!

Whisenhunt also had a stronger grasp on his team. Schwartzs teams were reckless on and off the field and committed many mistakes. I still think Schwartz will get another go next year considering the amount of vacancies there should be.

I wouldn't mind Schwartz if he can bring in a seasoned OC (Like Chan Gailey to run the offense)

no, he was considered too much of a screw-up as HC. I think the league knows DC is the right spot for him. Also he never took a team as far as Whisenhunt did, so that's not perfect comparison. Best case maybe he gets a legitimate shot in 2 - 3 years if Bills and our D are successful. He may get interviews for next year, but I think they'll be more of the "let's pick his brain" type, without anyone being serious about hiring him.

now his defense is the entire problem for the Browns.

I think Cleveland has the same record as the Bills right now. Pettine is winning over at the Dawg Pond!

they are 2-2. Only played 4 games. Their defense is really bad. Their offense, surprisingly, is solid. Edited by YoloinOhio

Him being carried off the field last sunday was a revelation... You don't do that for a coach you don't respect on a personal level... Could he really be bonding with the players?

If Marrackett's offensive woes continue to plague this team, they're both OUT OF HERE.. I expect Pegula to go with the hot hand after January.... So far the Schwartz has been a useful asset. Woulda been nice to see him work with Kiko...

Him being carried off the field last sunday was a revelation... You don't do that for a coach you don't respect on a personal level... Could he really be bonding with the players?

If Marrackett's offensive woes continue to plague this team, they're both OUT OF HERE.. I expect Pegula to go with the hot hand after January.... So far the Schwartz has been a useful asset. Woulda been nice to see him work with Kiko...

His HC record is 29-51 with only one winning season in 5 years. That's hardly hot hand as HC. People forget how unstable he was and how many blown leads they had because of his bonehead mistakes. He's in the right place as DC. I think the league feels the same way about him.

no... but that's what I said about Pettine.

right around week 12 I said theres a decent chance Pettine leaves, because Rex keeps chatting him up as an HC-candidate (Im sure he just wanted him out of Buffalo), his defense was putting up the sexy sacks stats, and the league is desperate for HCs. Of course I was attacked for that "ridiculous" view and the "wild, unsubstantiated speculating" :blink:

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Coaches have a very short leash in the NFL these days... if he continues to put together such a defense, I imagine some vacancy will be ready for him next year, unfortunately.

The cynic in me, says he'll be coaching the Bills next year :lol:

(but seriously, hell if I know)

He could go one of two ways IMO. He could be a guy who flourishes in a 2nd opportunity because of mistakes he made in the past. Or he might not be a good head coach but a really good DC. Those Lions teams were very undisciplined and hurt themselves with dumb penalties. Now that he just focuses on defenses, he can target only one side of the ball. Plus, he came across as kinda douchey as a coach.

I think you can't sell JS to a fanbase as a head coach next year. But with another year of a good job as DC, he will get a job.