Naaman Roosevelt back to the practice squad

I wouldn't mind seeing him some in the slot. He has great hands, runs good routes and has been a much better game player than practice player dating back to college. Perhaps he can make some plays in the middle of the field and become a possession guy? He's not going to wow anyone with athleticism but can play in a pinch.

I was at the game at Giants stadium when he hooked up with Fitz on that 80+ yarder... thought we had our new "hometown hero". Glad he is back!

I don't know if it is mere coincidence, or by design, but Whaley seems to like the notion of having guys with WNY ties, on the team. Beside being good players, I wonder if their Buffalo roots had anything do to with Whaley going after Corey Graham and Mike Williams. I guess it couldn't have hurt...

• 1 month later...

It's gotta be tough to be a really good athlete, almost but not quite good enough for the NFL, always on the bubble, but not willing to give up the dream. Roosevelt must be thinking about calling it quits. Best of luck to him. I think he's always given his full effort, but there are just too many guys a little better. At least he's got his memories of being on the team, getting into a real NFL game, and will have stories to tell his grandchildren.

It's gotta be tough to be a really good athlete, almost but not quite good enough for the NFL, always on the bubble, but not willing to give up the dream. Roosevelt must be thinking about calling it quits. Best of luck to him. I think he's always given his full effort, but there are just too many guys a little better. At least he's got his memories of being on the team, getting into a real NFL game, and will have stories to tell his grandchildren.

He should try to catch on with the Jets or someone. Naaman has actually had a little success when given a chance. They have no weapons.

The hard thing for Roosevelt now is that he has to be in his mid 20's (at least). He's no longer the young guy that teams may invest in. He is a solid, ready to contribute player but there isn't a ton of upside. On 2nd thought his best bet may be a contending type team that suffers some injuries. He doesn't make a lot of sense for a rebuilding team. He can step in and make some plays from the slot though. Maybe someone like Seattle or SF.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

He should try to catch on with the Jets or someone. Naaman has actually had a little success when given a chance. They have no weapons.

The hard thing for Roosevelt now is that he has to be in his mid 20's (at least). He's no longer the young guy that teams may invest in. He is a solid, ready to contribute player but there isn't a ton of upside. On 2nd thought his best bet may be a contending type team that suffers some injuries. He doesn't make a lot of thought for a rebuilding team. He can step in and make some plays from the slot though. Maybe someone like Seattle or SF.

I can only wish him well. Pretty cool he had some NFL play time with Buffalo Bills.

Nice thoughts Kirby. Not a really promising reference by you, but nice to see you care about the kid .

Go Naaman !