EJ: "I want to be a different player... cut it loose."

johnwalter

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like EJ as a person too but he sucks as a QB and IMHO will never be any better than he already is, as I see numerous flaws in just about every aspect of his game. People praying for his return after some time off and learning are really reaching, again IMO. Why keep wishing for something that seems like a unrealistic goal, I don't get it. He's just another terrible 1st round bust, IMO. Why the love affair with the guy? Why do you dislike Orton? I don't think you even know why you dislike Orton other than you really like EJ and he is taking EJs job. Orton is a decent QB who has been done dirty a few times and was the beneficiary of idiot egotistical coaching. Still don't get the hate but whatever.

I see these 'flaws' too and while there's always a chance he turns it around and becomes 'good' its not something that happens all that often.

But to me what's missing from the conversation is something none of us can provide. That's an explanation from the Bills front office, current or former, what they saw in EJ that lead them to conclude that he either 'had' what it takes or that he could 'learn' to become a competent NFL QB. Why did they spend a #1 on this guy? What was their development plan? Is it still valid? Did Kolb getting hurt really set it all back? What's the plan now?

I haven't heard a peep out of Whaley and while I don't expect the hear anything on the topic from Nix it would be nice to know what the thought process was at the time and the rational for making the EJ selection in round one of 2013. I don't expect them to come out and say we made a big mistake but what in the world did they see here?

I like EJ as a person too but he sucks as a QB and IMHO will never be any better than he already is, as I see numerous flaws in just about every aspect of his game. People praying for his return after some time off and learning are really reaching, again IMO. Why keep wishing for something that seems like a unrealistic goal, I don't get it. He's just another terrible 1st round bust, IMO. Why the love affair with the guy? Why do you dislike Orton? I don't think you even know why you dislike Orton other than you really like EJ and he is taking EJs job. Orton is a decent QB who has been done dirty a few times and was the beneficiary of idiot egotistical coaching. Still don't get the hate but whatever.

Do I not like Orton taking the job from EJ, sure. But that doesn't mean I don't agree with it. As for why I don't like the idea of Orton is because of two reason:

1. I can only speculate, but a guy that everyone thought was going to retire throughout the spring/summer, I question his resolve.

2. Once he plays out his 1-2 years then what? I have my doubts he's going to emerge as our franchise QB(not saying EJ will either, just saying). Even if he does, he's 31. Which means we are right back to looking for another QB in the draft to turn him into our franchise QB or hope that EJ can sit behind him and learn during his 2 year deal.

I do agree with you that he is a decent QB and got screwed by coaching in the past.

Lol if you had been doing that all along EJ instead of being a timid little B word you'd be starting Sunday

Says the internet poster hiding behind his computer to a guy who goes out in front of 70,000+ people every Sat and Sun for the past 6 years to lead a team.

Says the internet poster hiding behind his computer to a guy who goes out in front of 70,000+ people every Sat and Sun for the past 6 years to lead a team.

lead a team to what a losing record? You have your opinions I have mine. You don't have to like it but you will respect it.

Pffff he needs to stop talking and start showing.

That is gonna be a little difficult to do

lead a team to what a losing record? You have your opinions I have mine. You don't have to like it but you will respect it.

No....we dont have to respect a opinion presented in that fashion.....AND it probably violates 3 different TOS rules.

These aren't related. There is nothing wrong with liking the person that EJ is and wishing him success as a QB and hoping he gets it right. That doesn't by any stretch mean that those people dislike Orton. This makes zero sense. We are Bills fans and we want the BILLS to succeed. It's not a "ooooh i told you he sucks" Jesus we aren't 12, it's not a I told you so contest.

Good kid, wants to do well no one ever doubted that. Bottom line...Buffalo shouldn't have drafted him, he isn't a starter in the NFL. Look no knock against the kid, but he isn't the answer. He has always WANTED to let it rip etc. but he just can't. Has had many opportunities to do so, many open WR's and clean pockets. He just doesn't have the head for the game.

To be fair, we don't yet if EJ isn't the answer. He hasn't been good, but he hasn't been HORRIBLE either. A bit below average overall during 14 games. Let him sit and regroup and see if he can come back stronger. He wouldn't be the first QB who was benched and came back to have a great career.

That is gonna be a little difficult to do

No....we dont have to respect a opinion presented in that fashion.....AND it probably violates 3 different TOS rules.

Fine in the future I'll be mindful of how I word my takes.

Got no problems with that if it came off vulgar

Cut it loose indeed...he's grasping like Losman, Edwards et al...This is why we love to watch NFL...it's not easy and no shame in trying your ass off...I hear Nike needs a PR man...Sorry EJ..you have no history of cutting it loose. Pegulia needs to cut it loose.

Where is that jerk? Buddy Nix...someone needs to spoil his retirement..leaving the Bills with a franchise QB..Ha

Cut it loose indeed...he's grasping like Losman, Edwards et al...This is why we love to watch NFL...it's not easy and no shame in trying your ass off...I hear Nike needs a PR man...Sorry EJ..you have no history of cutting it loose. Pegulia needs to cut it loose.

Where is that jerk? Buddy Nix...someone needs to spoil his retirement..leaving the Bills with a franchise QB..Ha

JP Manuel :thumbsup: