EJ: "I want to be a different player... cut it loose."

johnwalter

Speaking for myself, I can not help but like EJ Manuel. He is bright, well spoken and possesses the physical tools to be a winner in the NFL. Despite all he has going for him, I think it was a huge stretch to put him in the top QB slot. He just was not seasoned enough. Now his career has taken a step back. What happens in the future is up to him. He needs to work with whatever coach, shrink, yoga instructor, personal trainer, guru or voodoo priestess he thinks is necessary to hone and improve his skills. If he needs a "mental" coach to toughen up then my hat is off to him for knowing it.

EJ's a professional. I think the way he carries himself is a big reason why we took him versus someone like Geno Smith. Time will tell what EJ's future hold. I'm hoping it's bright and with the Bills.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been an EJ basher...But goodness...Let it rip?...How about let it be in stride when a guy is wide open first?...Or don't throw behind a receiver, or in the dirt, or too far in front and out of reach, when it's 3rd and 3 and the guy gets open for an easy 1st down...When you get that part down then maybe let it rip... B-)

Precisely.

And if my uncle were a woman she'd be hideously ugly.

Poor man. But you miss the point, 3 or 4 plays whether they were eliminating mistakes or executing a miss and he wouldn't be on the bench. People forget the game where he led a 2 minute drill wo his earpiece working. He was natural and relaxed and successful. That EJ would still be starting.

I don't know, I see this as a positive development. This is the best possible thing he could have said about his demotion, because it really pinpoints the mental problem that has been holding him back. Not saying the switch will flip, but I'm more encouraged that it will after hearing this.

Let's put it this way, you can bet that when Geno gets benched in a week or two, his comments won't be nearly as positive or encouraging.

Poor man. But you miss the point, 3 or 4 plays whether they were eliminating mistakes or executing a miss and he wouldn't be on the bench. People forget the game where he led a 2 minute drill wo his earpiece working. He was natural and relaxed and successful. That EJ would still be starting.

19 games ago? Mark Sanchez went to two AFCCG's 4 years ago, where's he at now?

Edited by FireChan

Ok so the guy has had 2 minutes of fame over the course of 14 games. Not nearly enough to make even a middling portfolio and justify him playing QB again. Good guy, wish him well in his next endeavor, hope he never sees the field again in a Bills uniform.

Ok so the guy has had 2 minutes of fame over the course of 14 games. Not nearly enough to make even a middling portfolio and justify him playing QB again. Good guy, wish him well in his next endeavor, hope he never sees the field again in a Bills uniform.

Did he do something to you?

I understand being critical of a player and not liking their performance but you just seem like he screwed your daughter and took your wallet.

I like Manuel, don't like his game right now. I don't care for Orton but whoever the qb is, I'm hoping they succeed.

Not sure if this has been discussed at all but -

Does the collective here think that we might use EJ out there situationally? for example: in the read option on 3rd/4th and short to throw off the D?

ssshhh. thats a stroke of f'n genius right there missy ! seriously though .

Not sure if this has been discussed at all but -

Does the collective here think that we might use EJ out there situationally? for example: in the read option on 3rd/4th and short to throw off the D?

Wildcat! Nobody is doing it anymore...

I'm rooting for him long term. Nice kid. Hopefully Orton can win games now and be the Kolb that EJ really needed.

Still our QB of the future IMO.

Right on. A chip on his shoulder may make all the difference in the world.

GO BILLS! GO KO! GO EJ!

except the Jets of course

Really? I don't have cable this year, so I'm out of touch, I guess. I've only seen the Bills games. No NFL or ESPN. No other teams highlights. And my FF teams all SUCK!

Imagine though, KO And EJ/FJ/CJ in the same backfield.

Two passers on the field at all times!

Sorry, probably the beer talkin.

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER