EJ: "I want to be a different player... cut it loose."

johnwalter

The Bills will cut EJ loose soon enough.....

Don't count on it. If he cops an attitude then yeah, he'll need to go. But if he's serious about getting better and shows that commitment, they'll be just fine with having a guy with 14 starts in the system under his belt. There's a dearth of QB talent and that includes backups. Right now, he's an asset.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah something changed. His accuracy wasn't perfect last year, but he was able to make throws that weren't at the receivers feet.

Give us 2013 EJ back!

I can't say if it is or not but that comment about him just doing things naturally seems like a shot at everyone telling him what he does wrong with his feet, body, motion, etc. Last year he started off fine and slowly got less accurate. This year it seems like his training paid off in becoming consistently inaccurate.

I wonder what would happen if they just let him play like the jets are doing with Geno or like he was last year.

Yes I'm making excuses to everyone that wants to rip apart my comment.

Didn't we hear stuff from EJ during training camp and pre-season about putting it up there for your receivers and giving them a chance to make a play? What does it matter if he wants to cut it loose if his accuracy sucks?

Edited by Bangarang

I don't think EJ was not throwing with conviction because he thinks too much as he looks down field. I don't think the greats over think it. They just do it. They reacted to what they saw. Gunslingers are underrated. Stafford a gunslinger. Jim kelly was, Brett Favre was. I like him a lot but being likable won't win games a$$&@!es who throw interceptions occasionally do win. I've been saying it, play to WIN the game you can't play NOT to lose. Orton will have a few bad plays tomorrow but I'll guarantee you he has enough gunslinger in him to have a better passing day than EJ has had this year. We will see EJ again before he's done and I hope he doesn't "take the opportunities", I hope he makes it happen

Edited by SJDK