When do I allow myself to get excited?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm right there with you man. Remember that Trent Edwards year?

Though I'm already cautiously excited, I'll "officially" be excited if we beat SD this Sunday.

I had us losing to bears and beating dolphins prior to season. Then I had us losing to SD. So if in the first 3 weeks we win 2 games that we "should" have lost prior to the season, I'll be freaking officially psyched.

If you can't be excited after the week we have had then you will never be. I was thinking 7-9, 8-8 before the season started I didn't think we were good enough to go to the play-offs..... now I'm starting to believe we can make it. 9-7 should be good enough in the much of a muchness AFC again this year.

Edited by GunnerBill

We've all seen this before, a hot start. And we all know what's happened the past decade after a hot start. So when, as a long time fan, should I allow myself to start getting excited? 4 wins? 5?

Now?

The good news is we only have to win four more games to get to the 6 wins everyone predicted. :rolleyes:

Seriously, just compare this team with the 5-1 Dick(less) Jauron fakers.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

We've all seen this before, a hot start. And we all know what's happened the past decade after a hot start. So when, as a long time fan, should I allow myself to start getting excited? 4 wins? 5?

Now?

Keep reminding yourself that this current Bills' team bears none of the burden for any previous disappointments. This team is much more talented and has depth as well. It's a new day and a new way so let go of the past as it has absolutely nothing to do with 2014. Enjoy this and look forward to more good things this season. The Bully Bills are taking no prisoners!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just enjoy the moment. This is fun right now. If you can't get excited about this what's the point?

What if I don't live "in the moment." Is cautious optimism given the nature of the NFL and the opportunity for winds to change?

I'll be excited if they are at the top of the AFCE standings in week 10 with say, a 7-3 record.

What if I don't live "in the moment." Is cautious optimism given the nature of the NFL and the opportunity for winds to change?

I'll be excited if they are at the top of the AFCE standings in week 10 with say, a 7-3 record.

it was a suggestion not a demand. Do whatever you want.

I can see us going 3-3 through the first 6 weeks. But then there is room for a solid 4-6 game run. That will be when we can get excited. Does the team have the fortitude to come back and be strong mid season?

Edited by Mango

This is our year.

I don't mean we'll win the Superbowl. I'm not even going to talk about the playoffs (playoffs?!?!). Heck, with an unproven QB it wouldn't surprise me if we're looking at 2-2 in a couple weeks.

But this is our year. The Bills are staying in Buffalo for decades, if not the entire lifespan of the NFL.

This is our year. We've got 11 guys playing smash mouth defense, and a 12th man that will make Ralph Wilson Stadium the least friendly environment for opponents in 2014.

We've got the most exciting rookie in the NFL this year. A guy who was inches away from 200 yards and 3 TD's in his home opener.

We've got the most bad ass special teams units in the league.

So if you're looking for a time to get excited, it's now. This isn't the 2008 team. In fact, only three guys remain from that team and they're some of our best. Jackson, Williams and McKelvin. Three veterans, two captains, who remember 2008. Who would break their backs to not feel that way again.

This is our year.