When do I allow myself to get excited?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are relatively injury free and, say 6-2 at the halfway point, then you can pump it up. Until then, who knows. A couple of key injuries/turnover filled games could turn the whole thing around in a hurry, as it did most recently in 2008.

Bills are what, Plus 5 or 6 in turnovers so far this season? there's your two wins right there. that one stat.

You married Doug Marrone?

Lol

Call me a pessimist but I'm not looking down the schedule that far to determine if a game is easier than I expect. Too much can happen by then. But looking at the next few games it appears that Houston game is much more difficult than previously thought.

Only look at the Chargers. One weekend at a time is my mantra

Well, the 2008 Bills went 5-1 under Jauron, and that was enough to get Skeleator an extension. Plus it had everyone here proclaiming that Trent Edwards was the next Joe Montana. Yeah, you heard right. :wacko: A severe concussion to Trenty ended all that talk....along with about 4 more concussions that finally did him in.

The Bills also started the 2011 season 5-2, and when Eric Wood went out on IR, then so did the season. That was preventable as the Bills had Geoff Hangartner in preseason, and simply cut him. It was a comedy of errors that ensued trying to replace Wood. At one point against the Dolphins the Bills couldn't even get a clean snap from center all game. After week 7 the team was 5-2, and went on a 7 game losing streak for many reasons. Both with Wood out Fitz suffered a severe rib injury that should have benched him, and since Gailey had no QB backup plan... he played thru one of the most painful injuries a football player can have. Stevie also played injured that year.

This year is the first time in forever that the Bills have some solid depth on the O line, and better players. They finally have a decent WR corps, and the last two years the team finally spent the first two draft picks on offense. Although they are still lacking a top TE. Plus, the Bills OC has been innovative enough to the point that the offense isn't nearly as predictable as it was last season, and Sammy was a sensation last game.

The next few games will show just how good the Bills will be this season, as the next game they play a team that made the playoffs last season in the San Diego Chargers. This match up will show us if that defense is worthy of a top ten ranking, and if the offense can score against a better team then they have faced so far this season. The Chargers just beat last years SB champs in Seattle at San Diego with QB Phillip Rivers picking on the supposed elite CB Richard Sherman.

This week we will see ex Bills QB Frank Reich roaming the opposite sideline as the Chargers new OC this year. Then @ Houston, @ Detroit. Then the big game with New England coming to Buffalo.

This is young team that has some learning, and growing to do. So lets just worry about the Chargers, and then take it from there. Its crazy fun tho thinking the team might finally be relevant again.