A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

Call me crazy - and I'm a negative guy- but this team has heart- something that obd has lacked for over a decade. Fun to watch! I thought ej had his best day as a pro today. Maybe he can be the guy. Hats off the players today- with all the emotion today they had to deliver and they did!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,

Always enjoyed reading your posts these many years. My comments below.

1. Da'Norris played well today. The 4th down stop on Tannehill was huge. Dude is a baller.

2. Borrowing from Dickie V, Chandler is a Dow Joneser.

3. Wake was a non-factor, Seantrel had a fantastic day.

4. College open, awesome take!

5. Remember when we thought Marrone was a Maroon for CJ at KR? That's why he's a coach and we female dog about it here. That play alone won the game.

6. Right now, Corey Graham is the best off-season FA signing by ANY team.

7. Cameron needed to Wake up to find out that Bills Fans are the Eyes of the World (one of my top 5 Dead songs).

8. Sammy Watkins, Jr. He's just a cool cat, babe....

9. Boobie is the breasts.

10. We're Only Making Plans for Nigel is finally showing what we saw in college. Preston Brown made a nice comeback and looks like a playa just in need of experience.

12. I liked EJ's play today. OK, he missed a couple throws, but he started to look very comfy in the read option. Looking good for his 12th NFL game.

13. Gilmore was not a shining light. Hopefully it's just a nagging injury and he'll come back to form.

14. Mario Williams was a monster today!

My only bones here are EJ and Gilmore.

I didn't notice EJ's almost picks, although missing Sammy in the end Zone was bad. I forgive him based on his perfect deep throw to Sammy in the end zone that he dropped for a TD.

I believe Gilmore allowed 3 completions; can't get too upset with that given that I'm watching Richard Sherman give up 4 in a single half.

Otherwise agree with pretty much everything.

My only bones here are EJ and Gilmore.

I didn't notice EJ's almost picks, although missing Sammy in the end Zone was bad. I forgive him based on his perfect deep throw to Sammy in the end zone that he dropped for a TD.

I believe Gilmore allowed 3 completions; can't get too upset with that given that I'm watching Richard Sherman give up 4 in a single half.

Otherwise agree with pretty much everything.

I remember only one, where Woods had to "interfere" to make it an incomplete pass.

not sure there is a bigger factor in today's game....

Love your posts Bill! On Seantral Henderson, the one stat we can immediately point to is that Cameron Wake had 1 Tackle, no Solo's and NO SACKS!

I tried copying and pasting his line from the stat sheet, but could not format it.

Not sure how many times Henderson lined up directly against Wake, but thats lots of 0's !

While is not ideal that our 2nd rounder OL cannot make the lineup. we do have 1 OL starter from this draft.

I have the feeling that Sammy's ribs are causing him pretty serious pain, which makes his play and willingness to sell out his body to make plays all the more remarkable. Call me crazy, but right now I think he is very far from 100%. I'm just worried that they will not be right for a while, especially as he keeps taking hits. Scary thing to me is I think he's only scratching the surface on what he can/will do.

The other thing I love about the way he plays, is that after he catches the ball, you can tell in his mind the play is far from over. He always seems to be thinking ahead and intent on making a play after he catches it.

For Gilmore, I think it's probable his groin affected his play today. Overall, he is a db who thrives on being physical, and the new crack down on contact in the secondary I think will be forcing him to play in a way that he is not best at (similar to how he had to play with the club last year which limited his physicality)

i keep shaking my head about the criticism...perfect passes to Watkins and Chandler, one pass that could have been Watkins not slanting enough, one bad series with a bad pass...we haven't made the playoffs in 14 years yet we think we should have a QB that performs at a QB rating of over 200....unreal

I think bill fans expect perfection from ej. Thats just not fair... as if great qbs never throw an inaccurate pass...

I have the feeling that Sammy's ribs are causing him pretty serious pain, which makes his play and willingness to sell out his body to make plays all the more remarkable. Call me crazy, but right now I think he is very far from 100%. I'm just worried that they will not be right for a while, especially as he keeps taking hits. Scary thing to me is I think he's only scratching the surface on what he can/will do.

The other thing I love about the way he plays, is that after he catches the ball, you can tell in his mind the play is far from over. He always seems to be thinking ahead and intent on making a play after he catches it.

For Gilmore, I think it's probable his groin affected his play today. Overall, he is a db who thrives on being physical, and the new crack down on contact in the secondary I think will be forcing him to play in a way that he is not best at (similar to how he had to play with the club last year which limited his physicality)

I agree about Watkins. His body language was pretty obvious. He did more than enough as it is. Can't wait to see him in a few weeks time.

Did Woods make a special teams tackle? Your #1 or #2 receiver on special teams? That surprised me.

Woods didn't so much make a tackle as he damn near ended a life with that hit. Woods leveled that guy, I have to find a gif of it.

I was surprised too, but with the WRs (and roster) as deep as it is, I guess they can do that. Special Teams as a whole is deeper and better because the roster is better and deeper. :beer: To Mr. Whaley.

I have already changed my mind about the Watkins trade. This guy is a playmaker. Period. Just wait till he is healthy. We have not had a player like this for a long time, although CJ has some similar qualities.

It was a great throw and would have been a TD but for an outstanding play by the DB.

Yes it was a pinpoint throw, but an exceptional play by Grimes, their pro bowl CB...it was so good in fact, you could use that as a training tape to show exactly what you should do as a DB in that situation

Call me crazy - and I'm a negative guy- but this team has heart- something that obd has lacked for over a decade. Fun to watch! I thought ej had his best day as a pro today. Maybe he can be the guy. Hats off the players today- with all the emotion today they had to deliver and they did!

There were times when the Fitzpatrick led Bills showed heart, they just lacked talent.

I'm not so sure. Right now, he still looks like a pretty limited QB. He makes some nice throws when he has time, but he tends to panic when he senses pressure from the pass rush. There were several plays today where he got rid of the ball too soon to avoid the rush, where he could have held it a little longer and completed the pass. I think he is showing some improvement, though.

Christ

Nice team win.

I too was skeptical of Spiller taking KOs, but shows why Marone is the coach.

Still think Manuel has issues with accuracy, I think it is why the coach is calling what we see. Conservative and short range, cause EJ is often high and or behind in his throws. See what Phil Rivers and Russell Wilson were throwing today. Threading the needle time and again.

But Wilson lost! So nice to see EJ execute the game plan do it well and win the game.

Also did you see Kyle Williams drop into coverage today? Was close to another pick...

Good post Bill. I have to disagree on EJ. Minus the overthrow on the Watkins pass where he was essentially wide open, I thought EJ had few mistakes and although his stats weren't ridiculous, I felt EJ was in command of the offense the entire game. He looked poised today.

What an awesome win. 2-0.

This was an entire team victory. Special teams. Defense. Offense. Everyone. Great day. Great win.