A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) Call me a broken record. I have been called worse. The thing is Da'Norris Searcy can play football. If I was a GM, he would be on my football team. Limitations? Sure, but the man makes PLAYS.

2) Chandler is a strange player. Isn't he hard to really grade? His catch today (the play that was over turned) was flat out tremendous. He also caught a key first down.

3) You see, there are no stats to confirm this, but Seantral Henderson played about as good as a Right OT is capable of playing.

4) There is much to say about Watkins. People, he was COLLEGE open!!! He truly was. On many plays there was nobody near him. EJ missed him for a TD, but I will get to that, and more on Watkins.

5) Those who have read my posts know that I want players, especially high draft selections, to take over a football game and win it. Well, CJ Spiller did just this today and I am here to say it. Hats off to John C. Let's hope he can continue to do this.

6) Corey Graham is just so good. OMG does this man make play after play!!!

7) Wake up to find out

that YOU are the eyes of the world.

The heart has its beaches,

its homeland and thoughts, of its own.

Wake now discover that you

are the song that the morning brings.

The heart has its seasons,

its evenings and song.....of its own.

8) Watkins? He was just sick today. This kid was "college open" in the NFL today. It's important that we as fans understand this. The guy was alone on pattern after pattern. It was just SO impressive. Seriously, this is the NFL. The kid was by himself on numerous plays. This imo is just so rare.

9) Anthony Dixon is another player who can win a team football games.

10) Nigel Bradham played to his preseason form. He is a tough guy, and btw so is Preston Brown.

11) Congrats to all who were at the TBD home opener. I was there in spirit and thinking of you.

12) EJ was OK today, but I'm not going to go too crazy. Again, I cannot stress just how open Watkins was. He almost had a couple of picks, and I wish that he would have run more often, but that's not his fault.

13) Gilmore continues to be a concern. Sorry, but it's true.

14) Mario didn't show up huge on the stat sheet, but he is flat out great. Yes.....great.

15) OMG I'm sorry to be trite. I've spent a lifetime trying not to be. But in a weird way, after all we have been through, Bills Fans ARE the "eyes of the world."

16) Congrats my friends and fellow fans.

17) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watkins was so good he was worth mentioning twice!

Gilmore tightened up the cushion after that one catch. The TD to Wallace was just a great snag, although Gilmore might have been able to make a play on it. Uncertain. After that Tanny didn't seem to target him.

Good post, Bill...though I wonder if Sammy was supposed to go to the post near the endzone. Also, EJ threw a gorgeous deep ball that should have been a TD to Sammy in the first quarter.

EJ looked in command, in my opinion. The red zone thing will get better.

I have already changed my mind about the Watkins trade. This guy is a playmaker. Period. Just wait till he is healthy. We have not had a player like this for a long time, although CJ has some similar qualities.

Also, EJ threw a gorgeous deep ball that should have been a TD to Sammy in the first quarter.

It was a great throw and would have been a TD but for an outstanding play by the DB.

ABSOLUTELY!!! But I try to limit the comments. Really, it's about fostering discussion. But you are 100% correct, Spikes blew that play up!!!

the unit deserves props. There was a hole that CJ simply had to waltz through. Great shot of it on BB.com

Good post as always, Bill. One thing, Philbin should get a game ball for how poorly he coached and managed the game. The end of the half was ridiculous, the end of the game was worse. This beer is for the coach of the Dolphins... who won't be coaching there for too much longer with games like this one. :beer:

I couldn't agree more! Marrone was bad last year in the 2 minute drills, especially at halftime. That said, I'm not sure if I ever have watched anything as awful as what I saw today from Philbin. Thanks Coach Philbin!

It was SO bad that I think that Miami will be a non-factor. It was mind boggling. :)

EJ was far better than the assessment in the OP of this thread.

I'm not so sure. Right now, he still looks like a pretty limited QB. He makes some nice throws when he has time, but he tends to panic when he senses pressure from the pass rush. There were several plays today where he got rid of the ball too soon to avoid the rush, where he could have held it a little longer and completed the pass. I think he is showing some improvement, though.