How will Henderson hold up this week against Wake?

Bocephuz

It's not like the tight end is a big target in this offense anyway. Let him stay in and help Seantrel with Wake.

Exactly. Lets not mess around. Teams used to double team Bruce smith on almost every play. We ought to do the same with wake. Chandler does not need to run routes so he can drop a bunch of critical passes anyway.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dolphins are going to run a 5-2. DL is their strength plus they are depleted at LB(this is more out of necessity than actual game planning) . I'm actually not too worried about Henderson. He is big enough and athletic enough to beat Wake. Running right at him might not be a bad idea. How awesome would it be to watch Henderson pancake Wake(hey that rhymes.....poet and didn't know it!). Henderson is 6'7" 331lbs and he played an impressive game of basketball. They were not lying when they said Henderson not only has freakish size but also freakish athleticism.

I'm sure that Henderson will get some help and our guys will do a better job than those pitiful Patsies.

Did my eyes deceive me or did we actually use a OL at TE at times in the bears game anyway? Lets continue with that.

Yea, wasn't it Hairston?

Henderson blanked out JPP in the first pre-season game. I know it was 'just' preseason but at least we have some point of reference. I agree with the extra protection and chipping ideas. As the game goes along, see if Henderson can handle Wake without help. Good test for the rook.

FIC for what it's worth, when the Giants drafted JPP I thought that he would bust out. As I recall he is from Haiti and had little real football background. Wow, was he good initially. Since then, I view him as light in the ass and hurt.

That said, imro Henderson should really take it to Wake, who is also not so big. If he can push him away, the Bills will be able to gain lots rushing yards on his side. Personally, I would love to see Bryce Brown running that way but I don't know what's up with that.

The Dolphins are going to run a 5-2. DL is their strength plus they are depleted at LB(this is more out of necessity than actual game planning) . I'm actually not too worried about Henderson. He is big enough and athletic enough to beat Wake. Running right at him might not be a bad idea. How awesome would it be to watch Henderson pancake Wake(hey that rhymes.....poet and didn't know it!). Henderson is 6'7" 331lbs and he played an impressive game of basketball. They were not lying when they said Henderson not only has freakish size but also freakish athleticism.

I'm sure that Henderson will get some help and our guys will do a better job than those pitiful Patsies.

Yea, wasn't it Hairston?

Hairston was used as extra Offensive Lineman,

I'm skeered. Hope he has help.

As long as EJ can step into the pocket Henderson has the length to force wake to run around him as we saw last week.

Be on Manuel to keep his eyes wide open and his spidey sense for the guys Glenn and Seantrel pushed outside and are now coming form behind him. Wake is going to keep coming and he is fast . Great test for the coaches.

But i am rooting for Cordy and Henderson to get coached up and do well Sunday. Because i think they will actually

Henderson will get Pass Pro help from RBs/TEs with chip blocks. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills run directly at Wake with Jackson and Dixon.

I l like this. lets see how the MLB does against Pears .

Bills should set some screens too.

Make Cameron earn it.

Does he get tired ever?

Heck yes go after him

It's weird that wake rushes from the left/non-blind side. I would love to see him go up against an elite LT, like cordy.

If I am the bills, I double team wake all day.

Glenn has been tutoring S H you know , along with Pears. He will know what to do. And if we look at his history pre NFL he might be just the fellow to nullify Wake . actually !

Put an extra o lineman out there at tight end then because the tight end we have that can block is the one that is hurt.

Like they did with Hairston last week ?

oops i did not make it so far as to read others mention. sorry !

Henderson was beaten twice badly against the bears

Only twice though and it was outside speed . Edited by 3rdand12

Wake jumped the snap count. As I've said, EJ has to hard count and vary the hike to throw Wake off. And there won't be any crowd noise like there was in Miami when the Bills have the ball.

Beyond that, they don't have much else on the DL. Vernon can be handled easily by Cordy. Their next best DL after Wake, Randy Starks, is in a walking boot and sure to miss the game. That leaves his replacement and Odrick to be handled by the 3 interior guys, or with Pears doubling Wake if the other 2 can handle the DT's and if Hendy can't handle Wake on his own. And their LB's are injured.

FIC for what it's worth, when the Giants drafted JPP I thought that he would bust out. As I recall he is from Haiti and had little real football background. Wow, was he good initially. Since then, I view him as light in the ass and hurt.

That is true about JPP's performance dropping off. The general point you are making us that Henderson may not have been tested fully yet. He did get between against the Bears but I am willing to give him some leeway considering it was the rookie's first NFL game. Can you imagine if CyrusK had come up to NFL speed as Henderson has ? Our line would be near elite.

EJ and the WRs will be challenged with man coverage. Again, great test for our O.

I hope they double team wake the entire game

I hope Henderson can handle Wake on his own. Hey, we are talking about hope, right? :lol:

I'm not going to reiterate the obvious of having a TE, FB, or RB chip, as that is the obvious answer as well as running at a smaller DE, but just a comment how silent the great Jared Allen was last week.

God bless Cordy. Whatever was the issue, I'm glad he is ok. I'll stack him up against just about any DE in the league. He's a stud we better resign early so he doesn't break the bank. I'd love to see us give him the big contract after this year so a year early with guaranteed money. I'm sick of waiting too long, and losing people we found like Peters, Levitre, and Byrd.

Go Seantrell.

I thought Seantrel did pretty well in his first NFL game against a good DE in a tough environment on the road. There was a lot to build on. Being at home should be good for him. It will be a good test.

Edited by Peter

I'm not going to reiterate the obvious of having a TE, FB, or RB chip, as that is the obvious answer as well as running at a smaller DE, but just a comment how silent the great Jared Allen was last week.

God bless Cordy. Whatever was the issue, I'm glad he is ok. I'll stack him up against just about any DE in the league. He's a stud we better resign early so he doesn't break the bank. I'd love to see us give him the big contract after this year so a year early with guaranteed money. I'm sick of waiting too long, and losing people we found like Peters, Levitre, and Byrd.

They will.

Wake had a monster game last week. But look at his career stats vs Buffalo and they're pretty underwhelming outside of his "rookie" year.

10 games, 33 tackles (26 solo,) 6.5 sacks.

7 tackles, 2.5 sacks in 2009

5 tackles, 1 sack in 2010

8 tackles, 1 sack in 2011

8 tackles, 2 sacks in 2012

5 tackles, 0 sacks in 2013

Rough average: 3.5 tackles, 0.5 sacks per game. Hardly elite, especially for a guy who they face twice a year and should know the OL's weaknesses

Edited by JM57

Henderson will get Pass Pro help from RBs/TEs with chip blocks. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills run directly at Wake with Jackson and Dixon.

Agree here. I suspect Wake will be quite sore when the clock strikes 0:00. Wake will probably be getting chipped from each side with WR's, maybe M Williams coming down and blasting him. Henderson will also be able to hear the snap and, if game 1 is an indication, EJ is more comfortable moving in the pocket and feeling the pressure.