Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

Pegula will sail through the process with the NFL. I am sure he has already been vetted, otherwise the Trust would not have moved forward with him. In any event, the last thing the NFL needs now is any more bad press. The Bills potentially leaving Buffalo would have been another PR problem for the NFL.

No kidding. Reading some of the national press we got after the Dolphins win, I noticed many writers talked about "in one of the worst weeks ever for the NFL, they had something to celebrate in Buffalo." And that's very true. Many of us were certainly aware of all the sh*t going down league-wide last week, but it was definitely party time in Western New York. :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been pretty quiet on the reporting lately ... I wonder if we should really believe them. :flirt: Maybe JBJ still has a chance.

What's there to say? Pegulas go to see the NFL Finance Committee and wire the cash to Mary Wilson. Vote in October and, badda bing, new owner.

Do you have to start writing "sarcasm" after some statements? :rolleyes: ... I was making a quip regarding the title of the thread ;)

I was just wondering if anyone could present an argument as to why an owner may object? I know some people will not believe it even after it happens. There still hasn't been a logical reason yet but as of a week ago people were saying that Jerry or Kraft would vote it down but with zero reason why.

I guess one of the owners could argue, with the current disapproval that they are facing, bringing it an owner who made his money in a way that is very controversial might not be a good idea.

Not saying I agree just a reason that is plausible.

I guess one of the owners could argue, with the current disapproval that they are facing, bringing it an owner who made his money in a way that is very controversial might not be a good idea.

I don't see it. The league gets to put Kim Pegula front and center and see we are growing and and and.

Gotta wonder if the Pegulas would wish this could be delayed a little now.

It's not even a consideration.

I think you are wrong about that. Harborcenter is going to make money and he paid for it himself. Imagine a Patriot Place style development around a new stadium with a hotel and convention center...all owned by TP. You think Buffalo isn't an attraction? He's making it one.

I do think TP will pay the lion's share for a stadium, I also think Jacobs will chip in as well to secure concessions for the entire development. The state will kick in the land and infrastructure. The NFL stadium fund, stadium naming rights and some PSL revenue will round it out. There will be a new stadium, maybe by year 8 of the lease.

Make no mistake, there is more than just buying a sports team going on here. Pegula earned himself a lot of good will from all levels of government. Don't underestimate that.

Some good points. If Pegula kicks in upwards of $500 mil for a stadium, how long does it take him to recoup the costs? My guess is that he would never see $500 mil in profits in his lifetime from owning the stadium. The value of a stadium doesn't increase like the franchise does. It's not like Cowboy stadium where revenue streams via suites are through the roof.

That being said, I am positive he will contribute towards the costs, and like he said in the past, "if money becomes an issue, I'll just drill another well".

Here's hoping for some sort of covered stadium(fixed or retractable roof) near the FNC by the time the lease runs out.

BTW I think Pegula is the perfect new owner for some of the NFL owners with huge egos(Kraft, Jones, Snyder, etc...) who just can't get enough of the limelight. Pegula seems to be just the opposite, and therefore, not going to steal their media spotlight.

Edited by LabattBlue

There are a plethora of reasons why the new owners will be thrilled to have Pegula (not the least of which he just paid $1.4B cash for one of the least valuable franchises). In addition, to being incredibly wealthy, his assets are in cash meaning that as other people pay debt service he collects interest and investment income. Even if he is ONLY getting 2% a year on $2B (way low estimate) that's $40M a year!! His giant wealth (rumors as high as $6B) and his liquidity make him the perfect partner for the league.

Edited by Kirby Jackson