Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

Yeah, debt is cheap right now. And what kind of safe return will you get elsewhere? Equity in an NFL franchise may be the safest bet you can make. They key point is: if you're smart enough to make billions, no one can tell you what you can or can't do with it. And I won't bet against him.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been pretty quiet on the reporting lately ... I wonder if we should really believe them. :flirt: Maybe JBJ still has a chance.

What's there to say? Pegulas go to see the NFL Finance Committee and wire the cash to Mary Wilson. Vote in October and, badda bing, new owner.

Nope. Terry was in Traverse City, MI attending a Sabres' Prospect tournament.

Thanks. A bit surprised actually. But maybe with everything going on, it was better for him to keep a low profile. Save it for another day when the Bills (and the crowd) need a bit of a boost.

Thanks. A bit surprised actually. But maybe with everything going on, it was better for him to keep a low profile. Save it for another day when the Bills (and the crowd) need a bit of a boost.

It would have been inappropriate for the Pegulas to be there as they would have deflected attention away from the celebration of Ralph. Beyond that, they are not officially the owners of the team just yet. The low profile approach is typical of them and was very much the right play.

It would have been inappropriate for the Pegulas to be there as they would have deflected attention away from the celebration of Ralph. Beyond that, they are not officially the owners of the team just yet. The low profile approach is typical of them and was very much the right play.

I don't think it would have been inappropriate for the Pegulas to simply attend the game. I mean, they have at least as much of a right to go to a Bills game as anyone right now. But I agree it may have been inappropriate for it to have been a publicized thing or made into an event. I suppose, given the fact that just attending the game may have turned into a "thing", Pegula made the call to stay away.

I think it speaks volumes about who Pegula is, a low profile guy that doesn't need his ego stroked by people for whatever reason (and he would have been deemed a hero Sunday), he let the Mary Wilson and Co. have their day because he knows his will come soon enough.

Pegs will be confirmed new owner of the Bills just prior to the Pats home game. I can't think of a better time to have the Pegula family in attendance and honored than before that game. It will rival last Sunday's game.

I'll just throw out random numbers here but say an interest rate of 5% over 10 years, he would be paying an additional 1.4 million. Doubt anyone dropping 1.4b wants any extra cash wasted.

I'll just throw out random numbers here but say an interest rate of 5% over 10 years, he would be paying an additional 1.4 million. Doubt anyone dropping 1.4b wants any extra cash wasted.

If Pegs took out a 10-year, 5% interest loan, he'd end up paying about $400M in interest ! Think about that next time you pay your mortgage !

WGRZ Video: Pegula's Bills Bid to Be Vetted by NFL's Finance Committee <2:25>

Terry Pegula is expected to be in New York City for a meeting of the NFL Finance Committee on Wednesday, to begin the approval process necessary for him to purchase the Buffalo Bills.

Two On Your Side's Adam Benigni is in New York City for the meetings. He also learned that Pegula is likely to pay cash for the franchise in the form of a $1.4 billion wire transfer.