Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

yeah.

Maybe they kind of knew that he was in poor health and why the pause button was hit instead of the kill switch.

It doesnt seem like it was for a whole lot of money this round, but however the contract was written Im sure it would be tough for either side to break off unscathed

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you guys be okay with a preseason game in Toronto?

If there is a new stadium in the near future game day ticket prices will rise. I say ship all Preseason games to neutral sites and don't burden ST holders with useless games. The Carrier Dome, TO, ADA Ohio ( where they make,made Wilson Footballs) anywhere. The games are meaningless and you create fan loyalty and keep ST within reach of the current fan base. JMHO.

Those of us with young children like having the one Kid's Day Preseason game a year. It allows the little ones to enjoy the Bills experience and parents know the drunken rubes won't be dialed all the way up to 11.

Of course, with higher ticket prices will come fewer idiots who can't handle their booze, which I am perfectly fine with.

If there is a new stadium in the near future game day ticket prices will rise. I say ship all Preseason games to neutral sites and don't burden ST holders with useless games. The Carrier Dome, TO, ADA Ohio ( where they make,made Wilson Footballs) anywhere. The games are meaningless and you create fan loyalty and keep ST within reach of the current fan base. JMHO.

You think the Bills would end up with just as much money in ticket revenues if the Bills moved the preseason games to neutral sites instead of including them in STH packages? Also, what makes you think anyone at neutral sites wants to watch the crap the NFL teams call football for 4 weeks every August?

Edited by LabattBlue

You think the Bills would end up with just as much money in ticket revenues if the Bills moved the preseason games to neutral sites instead of including them in STH packages? Also, what makes you think anyone at neutral sites wants to watch the crap the NFL teams call football for 4 weeks every August?

basically my friend and I consider our ticket price $X / 8. If they stayed the same price, but we "lost" a preseason game we wouldnt bat an eye.

They will make more at a neutral site (specifically Toronto). They have many new assets to sell if that is the case. If they sign a 10 year deal worth like $10M and then get to keep the ticket revenue. In addition, they can add things like "pregame concert title sponsor for TO game" to one of their beer partners, etc... An asset like that probably adds another $50K to their deal.

Not to mention there are 8,000,000 ways that teams will manipulate ticket prices. They may drop a little by going to 9 games but not by 10%. They will hide the revenue in variable pricing. Everyone does that. They charge you one price for the package but don't apply it evenly throughout, they apply it in a manner that served them best.

to me, it was a few things.

First was the competitive disadvantage of the entire thing. First came Divisional games and at least that ended... then the Atlanta game was pretty pivotal (not saying its a win at home, but RWS increases the likelihood of winning especially vs struggling a dome team)

Then was the whole black cloud of Mr Wilson's age and Rogers' wealth, then later the rather overt movements of MLSE, Lieweke, and Bon Jovi.

At this point a preseason game doesn't bother me.

They will make more at a neutral site (specifically Toronto). They have many new assets to sell if that is the case. If they sign a 10 year deal worth like $10M and then get to keep the ticket revenue. In addition, they can add things like "pregame concert title sponsor for TO game" to one of their beer partners, etc... An asset like that probably adds another $50K to their deal.

Not to mention there are 8,000,000 ways that teams will manipulate ticket prices. They may drop a little by going to 9 games but not by 10%. They will hide the revenue in variable pricing. Everyone does that. They charge you one price for the package but don't apply it evenly throughout, they apply it in a manner that served them best.

I'd be shocked if anyone agreed to pay the Bills $1 mil a year for a preseason game. That being said, if the Bills have 40,000 STH and the average ticket price is $50, that is $2 mil per game that they are moving to a neutral site for $1 mil. In addition all concession revenues for those two games are gone.

I'd be shocked if anyone agreed to pay the Bills $1 mil a year for a preseason game. That being said, if the Bills have 40,000 STH and the average ticket price is $50, that is $2 mil per game that they are moving to a neutral site for $1 mil. In addition all concession revenues for those two games are gone.

What you are missing is it isn't 40,000 * $50. How a team will do that is $500 for a season ticket (which amounts to $50 * 10). If they go to a 9 game season I GUARANTEE that they expand on the variable route and say that it is $475 for 9 games (or something like that). They will say that preseason games are $25 each and the 8 regular season games are $56.25 each. They can take it a step further and the home opener can be $70 while a bad December game $40 (or whatever). If they move out a preseason game to Toronto this is the type of thing that you will see.

There is so much creative accounting and ways to grab $ by pricing structure. We once stopped selling tickets for 2 weeks so that we would be below a certain threshold and a state inducement of $7M would kick in. We had to comp a certain number of tickets to be eligible though. We stopped selling tickets and increased the number that we gave away just to get that check.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I doubt that the Toronto movers and shakers are particularly interested in paying to host a preseason game. We were able to get away with foisting a few of them on them in the first contract. That was not the case in the second contract as I recall.

If they were willing to take preseason games, that would be great. I live out of town and am unable to attend preseason games. I had no luck whatsover trying to sell either game on the ticket exchange this year.

I doubt that the Toronto movers and shakers are particularly interested in paying to host a preseason game. We were able to get away with foisting a few of them on them in the first contract. That was not the case in the second contract as I recall.

If they were willing to take preseason games, that would be great. I live out of town and am unable to attend preseason games. I had no luck whatsover trying to sell either game on the ticket exchange this year.

This.

Even harder to be stupid than you think, when you have those kind of resources.

Have you people ever heard an interview in your life? Should Tony say, Hey, guest - I had a bunch of questions for you to inform our listeners, but our interns (which he doesn't have on his radio show) got the answers, so never mind. Thanks for your time anyway.

When we first started with seasons, in 1986, I'm pretty sure we had no preseason games, maybe for a few years, as they played at neutral sites. Then one got put in there.........And, then finally, two, and it's never changed.

I doubt it will.

Odd to mention Ada, of all places.

But, that's Browns country if it is any country at all. It's BFE. ONU's stadium is no larger then most HS stadiums.