Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

Cowher I believe would have success because like Parcells he is a leader of men that rallies the team. Gruden I think would struggle.

But yeah, I would love one of the guys mentioned above as well. I just really think Cowher is real this time and Carson Palmer will be his QB.

Isn't Palmer under contract?

Who would start for Cards?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than start a new Pegula thread I thought to post this question here....

Scenerio: The Bills have just played the last game of the season, missed the playoffs and finished with a record below .500

QB stats are pretty much the same as last year.

What is your first move if you are TP?

CBF

great question. First, if EJ played out the year, find out who was responsible for that decision. If Marrone, fire him. Hackett can't really be blamed for garbage QB play, but Hackett would be subject to the new HC's desire. If Whaley, as him why he paid Orton $5 mill to ride the bench and insist that EJ play. If Orton comes in and this team is still a disaster, fire Marrone and Hackett.

I have no idea. I think there's very little chance he's removed any time soon. The Pegulas made decide, over time, that they want someone else running the business side; I think they'll spend quite a bit of time with Brandon initially to get his feel for what's going on inside the organization. After that, who knows?

PS - how was your steak?

I mention the Kim Pegula thing because of the JW arrivle in the D and C 2 weeks ago mentioning her prominently.

As for the steak, we didn't the full menu to choose (we were in a smaller function room for the conference) but the limited menu did have the goat cheese/dried tomato filet--so I went with that based on your say so. It was a really nice piece of meat--thanks for the head's up!

I mention the Kim Pegula thing because of the JW arrivle in the D and C 2 weeks ago mentioning her prominently.

As for the steak, we didn't the full menu to choose (we were in a smaller function room for the conference) but the limited menu did have the goat cheese/dried tomato filet--so I went with that based on your say so. It was a really nice piece of meat--thanks for the head's up!

I agree that it'll be very interesting to see how the next 6 months unfold with new ownership in the game.

There are very few things in this world in which I would claim to be an expert; food is most certainly one of them. Glad you enjoyed it.

All I ask from Pegula is to make the last 14 years disappear from memory. Marrone, Hackett, Manuel & to some extent Whaley will make his decision to clean house, an easy one.

I don't know what to think about Whaley. I think we have a lot of talent on the team........And, I'm not made about picking EJ. But, I was mad and am madder now about the trade this year.

Cowher has been singing the Bills praises this year. maybe the Pegula's (big ties to the Pennsylvania area) have already reached out to him. i can dream can't i?

It seems that these ex coaches now have it so much easier not coaching and still making good money - that there really is no reason for them to come back.

Ownership should provides overall leadership including strategic direction, makes several key hires and holds people accountable for their performance. In addition, it provide resources, mostly financial to ensure strategic objectives are met.

I expect ownership (and CEO if they are provxy for ownership) to be engaged in all key decisions and challenging decision makers to ensure decisions are well thought out and consistent with broader objectives.

I fully expect Kim Pegula to take on that role in concert with Terry as they evaluate the team.

I don't think it's wrong for an owner (or CEO) to get involved, challenge decisions and pressure test assumptions to ensure things are well thought out.

I don't think any of us want an owner that is "calling the shots", but we do want an owner that is holding people accountable.

I think the Pegulas have learned and have striked the right balance with the Sabres and will do same with Bills.

The fact that there is even an argument about how much power Russ has ought to tell you all you need to know. Forget inside sources, just use common sense.

He's a guy who is where he is due to some unusual circumstances that left the team without an owner who was able to run it and without family members inclined to do so. Normally a son, wife, or daughter of the existing owner would just take over duties gradually. That happens all the time in the NFL. However, the Wilson family was not interested in doing that.

Thus it fell to Russ to be "the man" as all the same front office people stayed and continued to do all the same dysfunctional things. Littman (part of the trust) being pushed out by Russ? LOL. Sure! And I am really Batman!

There are going to be changes. Whoever bought the team there was going to be changes. For starters, the fact that the ACTUAL boss will be around and in charge is going to be a change.

The Pegulas will be at the facility. They will be in the rooms where decisions are made. They will sit at the NFL owners meetings. The Bills will have active participating owners again, and that means a LOT of the front office people who have been operating without any real accountability are in trouble.

The fact that there is even an argument about how much power Russ has ought to tell you all you need to know. Forget inside sources, just use common sense.

He's a guy who is where he is due to some unusual circumstances that left the team without an owner who was able to run it and without family members inclined to do so. Normally a son, wife, or daughter of the existing owner would just take over duties gradually. That happens all the time in the NFL. However, the Wilson family was not interested in doing that.

Thus it fell to Russ to be "the man" as all the same front office people stayed and continued to do all the same dysfunctional things. Littman (part of the trust) being pushed out by Russ? LOL. Sure! And I am really Batman!

There are going to be changes. Whoever bought the team there was going to be changes. For starters, the fact that the ACTUAL boss will be around and in charge is going to be a change.

The Pegulas will be at the facility. They will be in the rooms where decisions are made. They will sit at the NFL owners meetings. The Bills will have active participating owners again, and that means a LOT of the front office people who have been operating without any real accountability are in trouble.

Are you serious? Do you really believe there were people in the FO that have been operating because currently there isn't anyone to hold them accountable? Their track record is going to show the Pegula's if they're worth keeping around or not. Do you think they're all sitting around for the hell of it going hey do whatever you want, the boss is gone? Come on, that makes no sense at all. Why would they set themselves up for failure not only with their own team, but giving off a bad view for any potential future employers?

Edited by MarkAF43

10-01: RUSS BRANDON ON WGR <13:51>

@buffalobills

.@RussBrandon on Pegula family ownership: "Everyone will be excited about what's to come"

.@RussBrandon on FCC ruling: "Our focus is to have zero blackouts. We always adhere to the league rules" Still work to do with NYJ and CLE

.@RussBrandon: "You'll want to be in your seats early before the Patriots game. I can promise you that." Expected 1st game of Pegula era.

7 days!!!

Damn you!!!!!

lol

7 Days indeed!!!!!!!

Also, Russ aid on WGR this morning that the vote for new ownership usually takes place early in the morning so the new owners can particpate in the full day of duties so we should expect the announcement of the Pegula's becoming the official owners early in the morning on October 8th

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan