New Buffalo News Beat Reporter is.... Vic Carucci!!!

theesir

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news. Vic is a pro. Will greatly enhance our Bills coverage. I wonder if anyone is being reassigned or leaving.

Mark Gaughan's move to college was announced a few weeks ago...

Lisa Wilson@lisabellwilson 2m

Some of you have asked who's leaving. Mark Gaughan has moved to the college sports beat but will still be involved on Bills game days.

I want to know. He was only with Cleveland for a short time

Maybe he didn't enjoy working for Haslam and company as the Browns' beat reporter. That organization hasn't exactly been the most stable given all of the upheaval in the last couple of years. Guess it was a good time with Gaughan's re-assignment to seize the opportunity to come home. Whatever the case, he's a welcome addition to the Bills' media scene.

Given that he's the coauthor of Jim Kelly’s Armed and Dangerous, Fred Smerlas’ By a Nose, and Conrad Dobler’s They Call Me Dirty, I'm looking forward to The Legend of Kiko Alonso. If only he had been around during the Ko Simpson years -- we all could have enjoyed I'm Worth Millions!

While I think Carucci is fine, I think I prefer Gaughan.

Edited by dave mcbride

Hopefully it improves his Buffalo knowledge. I've found him almost always wrong about inside scoops in the Bills whenever he takes calls on national radio. I forgive him since he hasn't been intricately involved in Buffalo, rather the national media. He has reported the overarching information of the NFL as a whole very well.

I was on the journalist page early but never checked back on it. He hasn't had his finger on the pulse of Buffalo for years. So a little surprised by that. Most likely a homer vote, not an accuracy vote.

But hell, I'll always root for a Buffalo guy!

Edited by Mango