Welker suspended for amphetamine use

Rubes

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Filed to ESPN: Broncos WR Wes Welker has been suspended four games for use of amphetamines, per sources.

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer

Per sources, Wes Welker has been suspended for four games for violating the NFL's PED policy. It was for amphetamines.

:o

Edited by Rubes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Filed to ESPN: Broncos WR Wes Welker has been suspended four games for use of amphetamines, per sources.

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer

Per sources, Wes Welker has been suspended for four games for violating the NFL's PED policy. It was for amphetamines.

:o

Do amphetamines help relieve concussion symptoms?

Holy cow. For some reason I would have never expected this.Maybe age catching up with him, he just needed a little extra pep?

Please, do not disparage cattle when speaking about this midget troll boy.

Do amphetamines help relieve concussion symptoms?

They thin the blood, so no, they actually make it much worse.

Wow, talking about flushing a legacy. WTF is he doing speed for?

It might not be "speed" because amphetamines cover a tremendous amount of medications and supplements. Some products at GNC are considered amphetamines.

Recently, the product Craze was banned because it contained a stimulant equal to meth-amphetamine. It could cause failed drug tests. The stuff was very good and worked like a champ, yes I did use it because I got some for free.

It might not be "speed" because amphetamines cover a tremendous amount of medications and supplements. Some products at GNC are considered amphetamines.

Recently, the product Craze was banned because it contained a stimulant equal to meth-amphetamine. It could cause failed drug tests. The stuff was very good and worked like a champ, yes I did use it because I got some for free.

That makes more sense.

This is hard to hear. Even as a Pat, he was hard to dislike, and even harder to disrespect. I wonder which one it was? Adderall, and Ritalin are both amphetamines. The "why" to this story is important, as well as the "when." Amphetamine is used for a variety of reasons. If he was doing it after the game, he was probably doing little more than damaging himself. Before a game is an entirely different story. Neither are cool. The bad part is that amphetamines are considered a performance, and cognitive enhancer.

Edited by Rocky Landing

ADHD meds (not judging as one of my kids took for a legitimate diagnosis and really helped after years of us trying different alternative methods - He's now off after a couple of years where it helped) are basically a stimulant similar in nature to amphetamines. And no, i don't want a debate on ADD and meds conversation.

It wouldn't surprise me if he took a Concerta type product for focus, given some of the possible effects he's seen from concussion results. Who knows? Sorry to hear that as i like that guy, and was hoping he would keep helping Denver. i hate NE and have always rooted for Peyton. It's not like i'm delusional thinking we are going to go far in the playoffs. I'd just love for us to make progress. It would be great to see Denver kick the NFC team's ars in the SB this year proving they are not better than the AFC. Besides it would be fun to see Peyton retire going out on top.