Welker suspended for amphetamine use

Rubes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain this. And yes, I am in the medical profession so please feel free to be technical. Want to give u a chance to explain before calling this out as BS as I am not expert on concussions.

I am entirely unqualified to answer this question.

Maybe I am mixing it up with acetaminophen. But, than again I am really strong and work out a lot, plus I am handsome and drive a big truck.

Yeah, PFT is saying that it was Molly at the Kentucky Derby.

Yeah, that's weird. What "league source" knows this, and how? Maybe he admitted to taking the MDMA (which would not have resulted in a suspension if it was his first offense) and was trying to argue that he shouldn't be punished for the amphetamines which he didn't know about?

I am entirely unqualified to answer this question.

Maybe I am mixing it up with acetaminophen. But, than again I am really strong and work out a lot, plus I am handsome and drive a big truck.

Ha haa! Best reply I have seen in a while. Frankly, I had no desire to talk about blood thinners, amphetamines and concussions, and I am just marginally qualified to do so.

That being said, ur reply wins and I bow to u as master of the board for exact 2 more posts.

Until then, I'm fat ugly and and take the bus.

Yeah, that's weird. What "league source" knows this, and how? Maybe he admitted to taking the MDMA (which would not have resulted in a suspension if it was his first offense) and was trying to argue that he shouldn't be punished for the amphetamines which he didn't know about?

Well the test would tell you what he took, and it clears your system pretty darn quick so the window would be small

Well the test would tell you what he took, and it clears your system pretty darn quick so the window would be small

Welker !@#$ed up by taking it at the Derby. He has to provide the NFL with a schedule where he will be sleeping every single night of the week. They tend to test players during and right after their vacations.

Please explain this. And yes, I am in the medical profession so please feel free to be technical. Want to give u a chance to explain before calling this out as BS as I am not expert on concussions.

You're correct. I never heard of amphetamines "thinning the blood". They're sympathomimetics, so they actually vasoconstrictors. Amphetamines could potentially aid in post concussive syndrome (ie increase attentiveness and focus), but I doubt there's much in the literature looking at this.

I've ALWAYS had my suspicion ab welker, ever catch a glimpse of his pupils?? I swear they are always the size of a pinhead

Amphetamines dilate pupils. Opioids constrict them, but that's another thread...