Bills sign QB Jordan Palmer

FluffHead

7 pages on Jordan Palmer? We really are desperate to talk about stuff on The Wall!

Fine pickup as a probably #3, who could served as a veteran influence on EJ. Perhaps makes the team as a #3 who is inactive on game day, but I have a feeling another shoe will drop before the season begins. Just a hunch.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch your back, Thad

I'll change his name from Thad to Thud. That's what he's given the Bills this preseason

OK, I know it's a small world -- the NFL Quarterbacking world -- but this is too incestuous to believe. Jordan Palmer played HS QB for Rob Johnson's father. Then he sort of played (he never got in a game) sort-of pro football for Turk Schonert

I saw Turk at BNIA recently. He has job in Canada.

OK, I know it's a small world -- the NFL Quarterbacking world -- but this is too incestuous to believe. Jordan Palmer played HS QB for Rob Johnson's father. Then he sort of played (he never got in a game) sort-of pro football for Turk Schonert

Yeah I read that and it gave me the hee-bee gee-bees.

Rob Johnson is the root cause of the 14 year playoff absence.

Maybe this can bring it full circle? Maybe . . .

7 pages on Jordan Palmer? We really are desperate to talk about stuff on The Wall!

Fine pickup as a probably #3, who could served as a veteran influence on EJ. Perhaps makes the team as a #3 who is inactive on game day, but I have a feeling another shoe will drop before the season begins. Just a hunch.

I hope your hunch bears fruit, for all our sakes.

Who did you want? And which guy had a higher qb rating than Thad had last year (81)?

If you want to blame anyone, blame Thad for regressing. He looked to be about as solid as a backup as there was on the market.

I keep reading this on here that Thaddeus is out and Tuel is in. That's crazy talk IMHO. Is Coach Marrone really gonna base his decision on 2nd string QB from 4 meaningless games with scrubs over what Thaddeus did last year with the ones in real games? Gosh I hope Not, but knowing Coach Marrone, I suppose it IS a real possibility.

I'm reading the Bucs game differently. They know what Thaddeus can do. This was Dixon and Tuel Time's last chance. They both sucked. Dixon was shown the door and Tuel Time is soon to follow.

Edited by reddogblitz

And his uncle owns Mighty Taco.

He will be starting by week 6.

Lol, seriously, I don't understand what people expected.

You don't know what people expected??

How about shoring up the position through the draft or free agency before training camp. Signing a backup QB 2 weeks before the season reeks of incompetence.

Signing a backup QB 2 weeks before the season reeks of incompetence.

This is the second year in a row that we have signed QBs the week of the last pre season game and played them (I assume Palmer will play some) as a tryout. This year we don't have Kevin Kolb to kick around either.

Reeks of incompetence indeed.

I would love to know who made the decision to roll with the same QBs we had last year this year.

Edited by reddogblitz

This is the second year in a row that we have signed QBs the week of the last pre season game and played them (I assume Palmer will play some) as a tryout. This year we don't have Kevin Kolb to kick around either.

Reeks of incompetence indeed.

I would love to know who made the decision to roll with the same QBs we had last year this year.

I actually thought Lewis could be a good #2 when I watched him last year. Considering how little preparation he had, I thought he looked okay when thrown into action. And Tuel seemed to have a live arm and just needed to be coached up.

Apparently Whaley thought similarly. And we both turned out to be wrong. So now we're shopping and kicking tires. OBD clearly made a mistake but I don't know if it "reeks of incompetence."

Just got the Alert

Why is this team so desperate NOT to bring in real competition at QB?! Palmer is just a trainer, what is going to happen when he has to go in the game. Do they really think he can fix EJ? the things EJ has wrong no one can fix including himself because if he could he would have by now.

This team drives me nuts.

We need Pegula to clean house after this season.

I actually thought Lewis could be a good #2 when I watched him last year. Considering how little preparation he had, I thought he looked okay when thrown into action. And Tuel seemed to have a live arm and just needed to be coached up.

Apparently Whaley thought similarly. And we both turned out to be wrong. So now we're shopping and kicking tires. OBD clearly made a mistake but I don't know if it "reeks of incompetence."

Big difference, Whaley's job is dependent on those decisions. Going into a season with a rookie QB (I was told months ago that we can't consider EJ as a first year QB because of his injuries last season), a guy you thought was OK and an UDFA first year QB just isn't what you want an NFL team to do.

Palmer is strickly a coach to help the other QB's. That's a start

Then why take up a roster spot with him? What about the QB coach that is currently on the team?

I would think he goes to the PS or be a coach, never the 53 man roster.

The jury is still out on the current QB coach the way they regressed from last season. He might turn it around given time like Crossman.

Edited by ALF

Why is this team so desperate NOT to bring in real competition at QB?! Palmer is just a trainer, what is going to happen when he has to go in the game. Do they really think he can fix EJ? the things EJ has wrong no one can fix including himself because if he could he would have by now.

This team drives me nuts.

We need Pegula to clean house after this season.

Who in the world were we supposed to bring in to challenge for starter today? TerBush?

Big difference, Whaley's job is dependent on those decisions. Going into a season with a rookie QB (I was told months ago that we can't consider EJ as a first year QB because of his injuries last season), a guy you thought was OK and an UDFA first year QB just isn't what you want an NFL team to do.

Then why take up a roster spot with him? What about the QB coach that is currently on the team?

If they think that he's as good as our #3 on the field but adds to the mix off then it's an upgrade.

Or it could be a "lets get a warm body for our 5th preseason game" type of move. That he's a good practice presence and former bear being nice perks

Edited by NoSaint