Bills sign QB Jordan Palmer

FluffHead

Personally I thought they should have drafted a developmental QB in the middle rounds. I mentioned Logan Thomas as a possibility pre-draft. He could have been had in the 4th I believe. There were obviously others to consider.

I don't mind that at all. I wanted Aaron Murray.

But we would still be screwed if we were forced to play either of those guys. They are going against 3rd stringers at best. Coming into the season, Thad was far ahead of any rookie. I really don't know what happened to him.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Except he's terrible. ;) Was terrible in college, benched as a senior, undrafted, was terrible last year, and more terrible this year. He's not big or strong or a good runner or have a great arm or shown to be a leader and least of all a winner. Who would possibly pick him up?

Bellicheat

But Jordan Palmer isn't terrible...

No, he's terrible, too. But at least he is big, and had a good arm, and was drafted, and played well in college, and has been signed by 5 NFL teams so they must think he has some potential. And he is smart and has a good pedigree and teaches QBs. He's no answer and would suck as our #2 but he serves a purpose. I don't think Tuel serves a purpose.

Very interesting bio on Palmer from his work with EXOS...

http://www.athletesperformance.com/programs/sport/combine/meet-our-team/

NFL quarterback Jordan Palmer has joined the EXOS team as its lead quarterback coach. Palmer was tapped by Hall of Famer Warren Moon, the current director of football development, based on his deep experience with Elite 11 and the legacy of athletes that program has helped produce. Through his work with the Elite 11 current and former top prospects, Palmer has been instrumental in developing quarterbacks for both the college and pro ranks. Palmer has worked closely with Super Bowl-winning quarterback Trent Dilfer to create a “quarterback architecture” focused on the biomechanics of throwing motions and has developed a curriculum that mirrors what players will see when they reach the NFL. Notable Elite 11 alumni include Andrew Luck, Landry Jones, and EJ Manuel.

No, he's terrible, too. But at least he is big, and had a good arm, and was drafted, and played well in college, and has been signed by 5 NFL teams so they must think he has some potential. And he is smart and has a good pedigree and teaches QBs. He's no answer and would suck as our #2 but he serves a purpose. I don't think Tuel serves a purpose.

Exactly. Pretty good article from 2006 on him. FWIW

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2007-03-22-jordan-palmer_N.htm

I think that was a busted play or (heinously) a called run, and there were guys downfield that wouldn't allow him to just throw it out of bounds.

OK, I sure hope it was a busted play. Because if a called EJ run is true, this means that Hackett called in essence a bootleg left/designed run by their ultra-fragile QB (who at that point had yet to deliver a preseason TD) at about the opponents 20 yard line.

In which case I'd recommend Marrone pull a Jauron/Haley and FIRE Hackett's 5-hour energy infused OC arse right before the opener just like Schonert/Gailey.

For everyone complaining about ignoring the position in free agency - Did you see a different Thad Lewis than I did last year? Because based on last year's performance in actual games, I was happy with him as our backup. I don't know what happened to the man since then, but I'm surprised that so many people here seemed to have seen this coming.