Bills sign QB Jordan Palmer

FluffHead

Not a great QB, but did great work with the young qb prospects at elite 11 this year. Worked with Blake Bortles a ton. Basically a player coach, who is a better coach than player. Makes sense to bring him in to help mentor EJ. Neither Tuel or Thad can really help on that front.

Agreed and some posters are delusional what a backup qb can really do. There are barely enough good Qbs to be starters.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's right between Kolb and Thigpen on that Rotoworld list of QBs.

If we are forced to play any of those guys for significant time, we are screwed anyways. They aren't very good, that's why they're on the list.

It'll be a meh acquisition IMO.

I generally agree but who do you want? I respect your opinion so I'm curious. But if Palmer has to play, we're in trouble. I do feel better with him than Tuel or the ghost of Thad though.

If we are forced to play any of those guys for significant time, we are screwed anyways. They aren't very good, that's why they're on the list.

I generally agree but who do you want? I respect your opinion so I'm curious. But if Palmer has to play, we're in trouble. I do feel better with him than Tuel or the ghost of Thad though.

I'm hoping they'll be able to acquire Ponder if he shakes loose from the Vikings. He could support EJ in a backup role and I'm thinking they have already established rapport with EJ being his successor at FSU.

OK let me rephrase, making the best out of a decidedly worse than "meh" situation (lewis & tuel)

Much closer to the reality. Not a great scenario if any of the three make it to the 53.

I'm hoping they'll be able to acquire Ponder if he shakes loose from the Vikings. He could support EJ in a backup role and I'm thinking they have already established rapport with EJ being his successor at FSU.

Much closer to the reality. Not a great scenario if any of the three make it to the 53.

I'm totally with you on Ponder. Awful starter, really good backup/ mentor. Plus, he has nice arm candy.

Not a great QB, but did great work with the young qb prospects at elite 11 this year. Worked with Blake Bortles a ton. Basically a player coach, who is a better coach than player. Makes sense to bring him in to help mentor EJ. Neither Tuel or Thad can really help on that front.

The Bills have a head coach. offensive coordinator, QB coach. How many people do you want telling Manuel what to do? How about getting a QB that doesn't need all of this love and attention.