Bills sign QB Jordan Palmer

FluffHead

The Bills have a head coach. offensive coordinator, QB coach. How many people do you want telling Manuel what to do? How about getting a QB that doesn't need all of this love and attention.

Huh? Everyone qb should get as many resources as possible. Tom Brady has a personal qb coach.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have a head coach. offensive coordinator, QB coach. How many people do you want telling Manuel what to do? How about getting a QB that doesn't need all of this love and attention.

I get your point, but I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if the 1 series they get on Thursday Marrone gave EJ the helm and told him to run the O.

I get your point, but I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if the 1 series they get on Thursday Marrone gave EJ the helm and told him to run the O.

That would be interesting and a good test.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

My thing is , is he really an upgrade over Thad? Plus this would make Tuel 2nd string going into the season for sure.

If EJ is hurt this year we are toast....

I'd rather have Thad of last year over Palmer. But I have no idea what has happened to that Thad. I always thought Thad was a gamer but I don't remember one positive report about him this whole preseason.

Sucks because I like the guy and thought he would be a good #2.

That would be interesting and a good test.

I honestly think it would answer a lot of our questions. I could see it being very encouraging or awful. Either way, we will all still come here and defend/object about EJ.

The one reason I want to see this is because of one of his interviews were he made mention of a pass that the safety was playing off the receiver on one play and ran it again and hit woods with a long TD. If he can see that in one play, and then call the same play, I think he has the mentality to play the game.

My thing is , is he really an upgrade over Thad? Plus this would make Tuel 2nd string going into the season for sure.

If EJ is hurt this year we are toast....

I think if he had a full off-season with the Bills he would certainly be better than Thad (at least the Thad we are seeing this preseason) or Tuel...But I think more importantly he's a back-up than can actually help EJ...Thad and Tuel are both as green as EJ, and our OC is inexperienced...I think Palmer is the kind of back-up the Bills should have been looking for all along...Even if he ended up being the 3rd guy... B-)

I honestly think it would answer a lot of our questions. I could see it being very encouraging or awful. Either way, we will all still come here and defend/object about EJ.

The one reason I want to see this is because of one of his interviews were he made mention of a pass that the safety was playing off the receiver on one play and ran it again and hit woods with a long TD. If he can see that in one play, and then call the same play, I think he has the mentality to play the game.

The only thing is it's a lot to put on a QB's plate. How many guys besides Manning call plays on the field? Brees even has plays called for him.

But I don't mind the idea at all. I was impressed most with EJ during 2 minute drills last year.

I'd rather have Thad of last year over Palmer. But I have no idea what has happened to that Thad. I always thought Thad was a gamer but I don't remember one positive report about him this whole preseason.

Sucks because I like the guy and thought he would be a good #2.

Maybe that is it. Maybe Thad is one of those guys who plays better when the lights are on and a true game plan in place.

Thad didn't play all that bad last year except for the fumbles.

He prolly has blown his opportunity for 2nd string with the bad camp.

I think if he had a full off-season with the Bills he would certainly be better than Thad (at least the Thad we are seeing this preseason) or Tuel...But I think more importantly he's a back-up than can actually help EJ...Thad and Tuel are both as green as EJ, and our OC is inexperienced...I think Palmer is the kind of back-up the Bills should have been looking for all along...Even if he ended up being the 3rd guy... B-)

I agree with your post.

Bills seem to do thing ass-backwards all the time with the QB position.

I know. I was hoping for the golden bear.

I assume you meant Arnie, and I agree that he would bring some moxie and a really good "compete" level to the QB room.

But his throwing mechanics are probably not even on par with a Fitzy double-cheeked 15-yard out pattern.

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp

Were the same things said about Fitz?

IIRC, Palmer has yet to take even one snap in his career in a regular season contest. He doesn't even merit a serious comparison to Fitz. The next time I see you make a thoroughly formulated, well reasoned post on TSW will be the 1st.