Bills sign QB Jordan Palmer

FluffHead

i didn't read the other 9 pages of this thread, but one has to think that bringing him in is a way to get info on the Bears for week 1. I can't see him making the team at this point, too late to learn the playbook

This is probably true. I think Palmer has about a .5% chance to make this team.

Unlikely IMO. Thad will clearly be the first to go....That is if the Bills can actually find someone else worthy of making the roster ahead of him. Dixon and Palmer aren't those guys.

Actually on the SI article he specially teaches QB prospects how to breakdown play books and quickly learn the plays.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/05/08/jordan-palmer-blake-bortles-quarterbacks-2014-nfl-draft

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think someone would claim Tuel, perhaps as a 3. Young guy, some in-game experience, including playing fairly well against KC.

For example, if I am the steelers, I cut Landry jones and make tuel my developmental 3.

:blink:

Are we allowed to place bets here?

If he is a good mentor and somewhat coach, then it could help.

If it means that we keep Tuel as our #2 and not Lewis, and also Palmer as our #3, I don't like it at all.

If he replaces Tuel who goes to the PS, then I'm all for it but hope they do not stop looking.

My thoughts exactly

How is it this guy fancies himself som esort of NFL QB tutor? You would be hard pressed to find a more empty 4 year NFL QB resume than this kid's.

Exactly what can he teach EJ about? He hasn't thrown a pass in a game in 4 years!

This concerns me greatly if he is being used as a #2 (or even #3) QB.

It concerns me not at all if the plan is to use him as a de-facto QB coach. Many coaches haven't seen the field for many years. Some never did. And he won't be teaching EJ mechanics (or that's my understanding) it will be more cerebral.

Edited by The Dean

This concerns me greatly if he is being used as a #2 (or even #3) QB.

It concerns me not at all if the plan is to use him as a de-facto QB coach. Many coaches haven't seen the field for many years. Some never did. And he won't be teaching EJ mechanics (or that's my understanding) it will be more cerebral.

Well then hire him as a QB coach. Don't blow a roster spot on him. That's crazy.

From the SI article:

"They drilled daily. But Palmer believes the greatest advantage he can give them is the knowledge he gained by bouncing around the league. Palmer has had to adapt to six different offensive systems, and each time he had to learn the playbook quickly or get cut."

Palmer was cut---6 times by 4 teams! 3 times in the preseason!

So sign another guy who hasnt done **** in the NFL at all. Christ. Maybe the new owner DOES need to clean out the entire front office and coaching staff.

I'm sorry, was Aaron Rogers waived and we missed it? Who do think is available now?

Well then hire him as a QB coach. Don't blow a roster spot on him. That's crazy.

From the SI article:

"They drilled daily. But Palmer believes the greatest advantage he can give them is the knowledge he gained by bouncing around the league. Palmer has had to adapt to six different offensive systems, and each time he had to learn the playbook quickly or get cut."

Palmer was cut---6 times by 4 teams! 3 times in the preseason!

That means he was signed by seven teams, all better than us!! ;)

I'm sorry, was Aaron Rogers waived and we missed it? Who do think is available now?

Jordan Rogers.

2014 FA QB's

Michael Vick

Josh McCown

Chad Henne

Rex Grossman

Matt Flynn

Josh Freeman

But then we'd have competition for EJ and he might lose. Oh no.

2014 FA QB's

Michael Vick

Josh McCown

Chad Henne

Rex Grossman

Matt Flynn

Josh Freeman

No one ever said getting a good QB was easy or that one would fall in your lap. Aside from the Colts drafting first overall in 2012, it's been a struggle for most teams in the last 10 years. The Bills haven't gotten it done at the QB position since Polian signed Kelly in 1986 aside from brief interludes with Flutie and Bledsoe.

There's no "easy button" when it comes to acquiring and developing QB's.

2014 FA QB's

Michael Vick

Josh McCown

Chad Henne

Rex Grossman

Matt Flynn

Josh Freeman

Wow really? Flynn was a Bill already. Freeman flamed out twice. That's the best list you got? I can imagine the reaction if we had signed one of them.

Wow really? Flynn was a Bill already. Freeman flamed out twice. That's the best list you got? I can imagine the reaction if we had signed one of them.

Clearly, it would be just as bad as a 30 year old first cut QB who has played one game. Between him and Vick, I have no idea who's better.