Who should stay on with new ownership?

Beerball

Who stays and who goes?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Does Brandon deserve to stay on with new ownership?

• Yes, he's done a decent job and deserves more time.
    • No, he doesn't deserve more time.
  2. 2. Does Whaley deserve to stay on with new ownership?

3. 3. Does Marrone deserve to stay on with new ownership?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys know where I stand.

I'd get rid of Brandon and as many of the FO personnel (Littman, Overdorf, etc) as possible after a short transition period o start clean and fresh with a new organization and a new way of doing things.

I would hire a President, Football Operations and let him decide on Whaley and Marrone after the season. I think GM/HC deserve a 3-year period for proper evaluation, however, if season plays out poorly, i.e. 7 wins or less, than I might clean house there as well.

To me, a new owner is an opportunity to really hit the reset button for this franchise. It's not personal, it really isn't, it's about establishing a new culture, a new way of doing things and creating a new more successful future.

This has been a hot topic in the new ownership thread so lets give it a whirl here...

Russ - Yes, he's done a solid job since getting the control that he has.

Whaley - ABSOLUTELY! This guy has been exceptional and we would be foolish to remove him.

Marrone - Yes, he needs a full 3 seasons to be evaluated...he took over a bad roster that is being rebuilt with young players. I think he's done a pretty good job, this team (despite an absurd amount of injuries) was a few plays away from 10 wins last year. This team plays with way more fight than I have seen in a decade.

People though who have not earned their job yet and need to prove they should stay:

Hackett - Still very under whelmed by his play calling and scheme. I am hoping its just because he's not showing his whole hand, but he keeps making questionable calls, running schemes contradictory to what he says they want to be, and can't seem to figure out to play in the red zone.

Schwartz - Now I don't think he has done anything wrong, he just hasn't coached a single game yet for the Bills defense...so he's here as someone who needs to prove his worth simply because he has not yet had the opportunity to do so. I fully expect good things from him and the D this year and think his job ultimately will be safe for at least next year.

why would any new owner want to continue the embarrassing legacy of his predecessor? most if not all will be gone and rightfully so. does anyone here believe any one of them is the best at his job in the nfl? the top 10? the top 20? hopefully new ownership will not settle for adequate.

why would any new owner want to continue the embarrassing legacy of his predecessor? most if not all will be gone and rightfully so. does anyone here believe any one of them is the best at his job in the nfl? the top 10? the top 20? hopefully new ownership will not settle for adequate.

I do. I believe that both Brandon and Whaley are in the top 20 and potentially top 10. Certainly RB is considered top 10 for what he has done with respect to revenues with that market and stadium. Whaley has a lot riding on EJ but has made some bold moves and great draft picks.

Yes, Yes, No.

Stayin :thumbsup:

I do. I believe that both Brandon and Whaley are in the top 20 and potentially top 10. Certainly RB is considered top 10 for what he has done with respect to revenues with that market and stadium. Whaley has a lot riding on EJ but has made some bold moves and great draft picks.

Wasn't EJ more of a Nix pick ?

Would have been better if there were time frames given. I'd sign Brandon and Whaley to extensions. With new ownership all bets are off to some level but Marrone deserves at least one more year to show improvement. If there is no improvement, more likely it will be due to bad QB play which while he was very likely involved with the decision to draft EJ, regardless of what the experts on this message board will tell you, it's a crap shoot. There aren't enough good QB's to go around so worth taking a chance on him and cross your fingers. If EJ has a terrible year likely Marrone would be forced to change the OC and Hackett will go. You certainly can make the argument that EJ failed due to bad coaching direction.

Kind of but not really. It was really a consensus from the football ops department. I think that they call it a "Nix" pick in case he falls on his face then they can scapegoat him (not maliciously).

still falls on brandon/whaley. why was nix even involved by then? really, why was he ever involved? you can bet though that if manuel steps up, they'll take credit. i still don't think it will be enough to keep their jobs, especially brandon.

I think you guys know where I stand.

I'd get rid of Brandon and as many of the FO personnel (Littman, Overdorf, etc) as possible after a short transition period o start clean and fresh with a new organization and a new way of doing things.

I would hire a President, Football Operations and let him decide on Whaley and Marrone after the season. I think GM/HC deserve a 3-year period for proper evaluation, however, if season plays out poorly, i.e. 7 wins or less, than I might clean house there as well.

To me, a new owner is an opportunity to really hit the reset button for this franchise. It's not personal, it really isn't, it's about establishing a new culture, a new way of doing things and creating a new more successful future.

Perfect response.

Of the 3, it appears to me that Whaley is the most worthy of staying. On paper, the team appears to have more talent than any Bills team since at least 2003. On the field last year, the actual results were lacking, If there isn't significant improvement this year and especially if (God forbid) this team tanks like 2003, I have no problem seeing him go with Marrone.

Edited by Rico

I think all 3 have what's best for the team in mind , that being said i only think one has the experience & football moxy that it takes to be a true NFL football person .

Brandon hired a homer Marrone & those 2 together are the inexperience that is going to keep the Bills once again from making the play offs .

Yes i said it i , from watching the team have not seen anything from the offense that says we are going any further than we did last year .

All the talent in the world can be on the unit but if the QB doesn't make the right decision to get it to the right talent at the right time & place then it's all for not ! Ej may be a great guy , He may be the prototypical NFL QB , he may say all the right things , he may have some of the tools it takes , but he doesn't have them all to be that special guy to put us over the top ..

I hate to but i will go on the record after seeing EJ at SJF camp & in the games to say we will get another high draft pick this year & won't make the play offs & it's all on the HC ,OC , & QB ...

Maybe next year we'll have Shwartz as our HC ...

Brandon and Whaley, absolutely. Dumping them would be the ultimate moronic move. Marrone we'll see this year.

If you are beginning to lose faith in Marrone, how then do you not blame the two guys that HIRED him?

And then there is the Watkins move... Was he really woth surrendering next years 1 and 4 picks for, when guys like Ebron or Beckham were available? I want to be clear that I am not necessarily endorsing one move over another. But there are two very different points of view here to consider... Some might consider Whaley's move as a bad act of desperation if things don't work out well.... A change of ownership might be the right time to "clean house"...