Who should stay on with new ownership?

Beerball

Who stays and who goes?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Does Brandon deserve to stay on with new ownership?

• Yes, he's done a decent job and deserves more time.
    • No, he doesn't deserve more time.
  2. 2. Does Whaley deserve to stay on with new ownership?

3. 3. Does Marrone deserve to stay on with new ownership?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe 10 teams have bad or mediocre business people/dont care about revenue and Brandon is just average and we can do better.

This is pretty/really weak. Who runs a business that doesn't care about revenue?!?!?!?! You are better than that May Day. Again, if you want to poke holes in something else that he has done (Ie Toronto series) go for it but to question the revenue production is ridiculous.

I also have concerns about the trade for Watkins and the signing of C. Williams at guard.

Tim Leiweke is leaving MLSE and would be a great hire as president if Pegula looks to rebuild. * he's staying with MLSE till after next years NFL draft so it wont work.

Edited by Thunderstealer

Tim Leiweke is leaving MLSE and would be a great hire as president if Pegula looks to rebuild. * he's staying with MLSE till after next years NFL draft so it wont work.

Based on what?!? Leiweke is VERY weak IMO. He is WAY worse than the current leadership. Leiweke couldn't get AEG sold or land an NFL team (was fired) then took a job at MLSE (was asked to leave). He was tasked with selling AEG and landing a team in LA and Toronto and failed on all 3 accounts. What about him makes you think that he would be a good president? Edited by Kirby Jackson

Based on what?!? Leiweke is VERY weak IMO. He is WAY worse than the current leadership. Leiweke couldn't get AEG sold or land an NFL team (was fired) then took a job at MLSE (was asked to leave). He was tasked with selling AEG and landing a team in LA and Toronto and failed on all 3 accounts. What about him makes you think that he would be a good president?

His hiring of Ujiri for one. I would trust him to find a good GM.

These are the things set in motion by Leiweke's Raptor project

-Re-brand ( we the north)

-Drake on as (non-salary) global ambassador (may seem silly at first but has been huge for Raptor's reputation)

-Ujiri inBryan Colangelo out

Still coming:

-Re-brand(jerseys)

-2016 all star WEEK

-Practice facility

Edited by Thunderstealer

I say stay the course. The main reason this team is enduring this playoff draught is constant turn over of coach and GM. Successful organizations have front office stability.

IMO completely inaccurate.

The main reasons are no quarterback and terrible hires.

Where have Mularkey, Williams, Jauron, and Gailey gone on to have success anywhere? How about Donahoe, GM Levy, and Nix (ok he kind of retired)?

This is pretty/really weak. Who runs a business that doesn't care about revenue?!?!?!?! You are better than that May Day. Again, if you want to poke holes in something else that he has done (Ie Toronto series) go for it but to question the revenue production is ridiculous.

I was kind of being facetious.

Anyways, I think a lot of it will still ride on this season.

His hiring of Ujiri for one. I would trust him to find a good GM.

I like what Whaley has done. Ujiri was a big name game when he was hired. The Bills have gone after big name guys in the past but with unstable ownership they haven't landed them. Personally, I think that TL must have pictures on people because he doesn't get things done. He has connections but is really weak IMO.

I was kind of being facetious.

Ha ha, sorry about that. We really do need the sarcasm font on here.

New owner, new broom; sweep the whole outfit out of OBD. Something has to break the cycle of failure since tinkering with positions here and there hasn't worked in the past, so out with all of 'em.

To be fair they have had 1 season in which most everyone believes that a lot of progress has been made. Let's see what happens this year.

I'm still very confident that Pegs will split management of Bills FO into two parts; Football Operations (with France running as President and with Whaley reporting to him) and Non-Football (similar to Ted Black role with Sabres). I do not think Brandon will get the non-Football role and will leave organization to go to NFL offices after an appropriate transition 3-6 months.

I do. I believe that both Brandon and Whaley are in the top 20 and potentially top 10. Certainly RB is considered top 10 for what he has done with respect to revenues with that market and stadium. Whaley has a lot riding on EJ but has made some bold moves and great draft picks.

If EJ busts and CLE picks in the top 5 w/ our pick next year will you still say the same of Whaley?

If EJ busts and CLE picks in the top 5 w/ our pick next year will you still say the same of Whaley?

Probably not, but admittedly I worry about EJ. I am fine with what they gave up for Sammy because I think that he is that good. With that being said if they are terrible it will most likely be a function of the QB position. I would have rather dealt my 2nd this year (& next if needed) than the 1st. If they tanked you would have a shot at Mariota, Winston, Petty or Hundley. With that being said if EJ stinks I think that they will be after someone with some experience next.

Probably not, but admittedly I worry about EJ. I am fine with what they gave up for Sammy because I think that he is that good. With that being said if they are terrible it will most likely be a function of the QB position. I would have rather dealt my 2nd this year (& next if needed) than the 1st. If they tanked you would have a shot at Mariota, Winston, Petty or Hundley. With that being said if EJ stinks I think that they will be after someone with some experience next.

That's exactly my issue with the trade. It was a trade for Sammy, but it was a trade based on confidence in EJ, as much as Sammy might be worth it talent wise, I'm not sure the trade makes sense unless you have a true franchise QB. When Atlanta traded for Julio, they knew Ryan was a legit franchise guy. I would be more comfortable with the trade if we knew same about EJ.

I really don't understand the tremendous amount of support for the current regime of Brandon,Whaley and Marrone. A neutral observer might ask what exactly have they proven or accomplished? The neutral observer might answer truthfully, "Not much!"

The only conclusion I can draw from these unofficial poll results is that Bills fans are so accustomed to mediocrity that they have forgotten what success really looks like. If the Bills finish 6-10 again this year will the poll results look different next year? Probably not.