Round 2 : Sale of the team

NFL has to know sometime early September so they can prepare for a vote at the October owners meetings. I have a feeling we get big news very soon. What better time to announce it then right before the season, get fans fired up.

Good deal...there's a tax consideration to get an owner approved ASAP as I recall. 9 months after Mr. Wilson's passing.

What' a complete waste of time on both sides. That's not a Hail Mary, that's a nuclear option without any enriched uranium.

How does Delaware North Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium sound for a new place? Or Ralph C. Wilson jr. Field @ the Delaware North Dome.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mentioned this in another thread, but deserves a post here. Anybody remember the super group Kelly had assembled nearly a decade ago that was ready to pounce when the time came to make sure the team didn't leave Buffalo. Now he is selling (I say almost groveling) his way to be part of any investment group. Not to hijack the thread, but I do think the lack of this group that we had been promised is a pretty big deal, and not sure why nobody is talking about it. Now we are just happy as a peach to hear that Jim spoke to anybody.

PS his net worth is only 19 mil. He has no business as an investor of any sorts in a billion dollar purchase. His reported demands given his value is also absurd. I will overlook that part since he is quite sick. I also feel kind schitty mentioning this given his illness. I do think it deserves conversation since it is a topic HE brought up well before disaster struck his health.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nfl/jim-kelly-net-worth/

This is the first site on a google search, all other sites report the same.

mentioned this in another thread, but deserves a post here. Anybody remember the super group Kelly had assembled nearly a decade ago that was ready to pounce when the time came to make sure the team didn't leave Buffalo. Now he is selling (I say almost groveling) his way to be part of any investment group. Not to hijack the thread, but I do think the lack of this group that we had been promised is a pretty big deal, and not sure why nobody is talking about it. Now we are just happy as a peach to hear that Jim spoke to anybody.

PS his net worth is only 19 mil. He has no business as an investor of any sorts in a billion dollar purchase. His reported demands given his value is also absurd. I will overlook that part since he is quite sick. I also feel kind schitty mentioning this given his illness. I do think it deserves conversation since it is a topic HE brought up well before disaster struck his health.

http://www.celebrity...elly-net-worth/

This is the first site on a google search, all other sites report the same.

I think the Pegula's changed the game. Its quite possible his investment group bailed on him knowing they couldn't compete.

I think the Pegula's changed the game. Its quite possible his investment group bailed on him knowing they couldn't compete.

Also something to note is, mention earlier, Tom Clancy. He was denied based on more or less insufficient funds, he may have been bailed on to avoid any such problems with the purchase. Something I did not realize until after I posted. I can't disagree with that line of thought. He has no business as part owner of an NFL team if he isn't even worth what Collin Kaepernick is going to make this season alone. Any other business would decline such an offer. Jim's only option is to be brought on as an employee/ambassador once the sale is finalized. His investment may be a sticking point with the owners if it were to be accepted.

Beat me to it. Once The Pegulas came on the scene it changed the game. Did anyone really think that they wouldn't at least bid on the team when something happened to Ralph. I'm confident Gundlach was one of the investors, but team prices have exploded out of JK's price range just as it did for JBJ. The NFL is maybe the most exclusive club in America. Not for millionaires, billionaires only please.

But again, Terry and Kim Pegula were/are game changers.

Feeling good about the situation after the latest articles by John Kryk and Tim Graham. The Toronto group doesn't have a chance. Golisano probably has a ceiling to how much he can bid (probably less than $1 BIL) so it's looking more and more like the Pegula's at low $1 Bils cash

Bon Jovi and his Toronto vulture friends look like their bid imploded yet again, so all is right with the world once more!

Let's just wrap this up. Too many twists and turns!

I am surprised the Toronto group hasn't cut ties with JBJ yet if the reports are true that he is looking to partner with someone else

CBF

I am surprised the Toronto group hasn't cut ties with JBJ yet if the reports are true that he is looking to partner with someone else

CBF

I read something that said once they are joined up in a billion dollar transaction such as this it's not so easy to break away like that. It's a legal thing. I don't think it was that easy for him to just bring in Gundlach/Kelly and equally it's not easy to cut ties with the group they already formed

I read something that said once they are joined up in a billion dollar transaction such as this it's not so easy to break away like that. It's a legal thing. I don't think it was that easy for him to just bring in Gundlach/Kelly and equally it's not easy to cut ties with the group they already formed

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/17/antsy-bon-jovi-reaches-out-to-jim-kelly-on-bills-bid'>http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/17/antsy-bon-jovi-reaches-out-to-jim-kelly-on-bills-bid

This article answer a lot of what you have discussing and then some.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/17/antsy-bon-jovi-reaches-out-to-jim-kelly-on-bills-bid

This article addresses a lot of what you're discussing and then some. Very interesting.

I can't help but wonder why JK continued to move forward with any ownership group once he learned the Pegulas were all in. He clearly doesn't have the $$ to be a significant player, and his legacy will always be respected by anyone who owns the franchise. Just a bit odd. Does he really want to be a personnel guy?

I can't help but wonder why JK continued to move forward with any ownership group once he learned the Pegulas were all in. He clearly doesn't have the $$ to be a significant player, and his legacy will always be respected by anyone who owns the franchise. Just a bit odd. Does he really want to be a personnel guy?

I think that it was more "let's throw my line in the water and see who wants to gives brother and I jobs for life and $20M in equity. In addition, I want to ultimately control the football decisions."

After you've been the starting QB in multiple Super Bowls, or walked on the moon, it's hard to avoid feeling that the rest of your life is anti-climatic. Maybe he should take up the global warming cause instead. Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

I think that it was more "let's throw my line in the water and see who wants to gives brother and I jobs for life and $20M in equity. In addition, I want to ultimately control the football decisions."

any idea kirby of what to expect this week?.. anything of significance?

After you've been the starting QB in multiple Super Bowls, or walked on the moon, it's hard to avoid feeling that the rest of your life is anti-climatic.

Interesting point. One would think that JK's current battle would represent enough of a purpose to his life, but apparently not. Maybe he feels his football career isn't truly over until he "wins one" for Buffalo.

Legal expect says Bills will remain in Buffalo

http://www.sportsmed...al-expert-says/

CBF

Good of the "legal expert" to chime in and state the obvious. Though I don't believe the fans demonstrating support during the sales process has any impact on the decision of The Trust. Their guidelines were set much earlier. But it's still good to see.

If the trust wanted the JBJ group and they met the requirements financially they would be approved. It's the trust's job to vet them. That was the point. The ONLY way that they won't approve someone is if the trust (or Morgan Stanley) fails to make sure that they meet the requirements. The league (or any league) will not get in the way of a new owner unless he violates their rules. It's the sellers job to make sure of this; the league simply signs off. The reason that I said JBJ may not get approved is because he may not meet the minimums. The trust knows that (and won't select him) but want him around to keep the price up.

Just a question:

I could be wrong, but didn't they turn down Milstien when he tried to buy Washington? I do not believe he violated the rules.