New sale of team thread

Dear Jon:

If you withdraw your bid now, you can buy in as a minority owner with me.

This way there will be no other bidders and we get the team on the cheap and we both make out.

You will love winters in Buffalo, trust me.

Love and kisses,

Terry.

Finally, some word.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Pegula or Golisano buy the team then we don't NEED a stadium. they could choose to update the Ralph again in 2022. the league wants us to have a new stadium but if the team is staying anyways then what's the hurry? I think the stadium committee is a sham anyways. it's a way for it to look like Cuomo cares about Buffalo. let's see if when the time comes he actually coughs up the dough. but my guess is their findings will be (after many years of stalling) that the Ralph should be updated like what they did in Chicago or KC or even Notre Dame

I'm not sure I agree that the committee is a sham, however, I do think the process is backward. I think the new owner should drive the new (or no new) stadium process once he owns the team and work with the state and local politicians to negotiate a deal. I never thought the stadium process and sale could be on similar paths. I think NYS is to certain extent playing politics or simply sending signal to potential new owners that they are willing to work with them on a stadium.

Does anyone know if Pegula can own the Sabres and the Maple Leafs?

Under recent rule changes, an NFL owner can own another sports team if the sports team is in the same market or is in a market without an NFL team. Thus Paul Allen can own the Seahawks and the Trailblazers. So Pegula can own both the Bills and the Sabres because they are in the same market. Can own the Leafs and Bills too.

Edited by Casey D

Under recent rule changes, an NFL owner can own another sports team if the sports team is in the same market or is in a market without an NFL team. Thus Paul Allen can own the Seahawks and the Trailblazers. So Pegula can own both the Bills and the Sabres because they are in the same market. Can own the Leafs and Bills too.

Hey, thanks for clearing that up, Casey! A lot of us have been trying to get an answer on that issue.

What you left out is that if the person decides to own teams in different sports that he has to change the name of one of the teams to something really stupid like the Pelicans.

What you left out is that if the person decides to own teams in different sports that he has to change the name of one of the teams to something really stupid like the Pelicans.

Or change his own name, which is why Pegula wants to be known only as El Pegual.

Or change his own name, which is why Pegula wants to be known only as El Pegual.

And then there will be the commercials ... "I don't always eat pizza logs ... but when I do, I eat them at Buffalo Bills games."

So when is this thread getting closed and the "2nd Stage of bidding Thread" gets started since we already surpassed the last thread by a dozen pages?

I'll go ahead and call dibs on starting the 3rd stage of sale thread. I will independently decide when the third stage has begun. Stay tuned!

Edited by FluffHead

I'm curious as to what possible reason any of the 31 owners could have for voting against Terry Pegula as owner. He's extremely wealthy and getting wealthier, very generous, civic minded, gets good press for the most part, is a family man, very involved in sports, already owns an agency that has one of the best NFL agents in it so the league knows him, is relatively young with a family that would want to keep the ownership should anything happen, etc.

I cannot think of a reason he would not get unanimous approval.

Well for starters he's never to our knowledge been photographed in compromising situations with women 50 years his Jr. & he's never gotten busted with a wad of cash while knocked off his rocker on drugs. You gotta remember the company he'd be keeping.

The real question is can El Pegs can buy both the Bills AND the publishing rights to all of Bon Jovi's music (which he will then lock into a vault in the new Ralph Wilson Stadium in downtown Buffalo)?