New sale of team thread

Jones isn't a bad dude from what I understand. He's a shrewd businessman, but a bad guy? Not from what I've heard. I have a few friends that have met with him both for business and leisure, and they all said he was tough business-wise, but a perfectly nice guy.

As for your question, I think he would be in serious trouble given that they've been together since the 60's. Although we'll see what comes of it I suppose...

Nope, a perfectly nice guy who wanders into stalls while pretty young ladies are on the toilet and poses for pictures with women pressing against his crotch. A fine family man.

Is the Donald Sterling estrangement (from his wife and from the Clippers) a precedent, if we are going to wildly speculate?

kj

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, a perfectly nice guy who wanders into stalls while pretty young ladies are on the toilet and poses for pictures with women pressing against his crotch. A fine family man.

Is the Donald Sterling estrangement (from his wife and from the Clippers) a precedent, if we are going to wildly speculate?

kj

I didn't say he was a fine family man. I said that I had friend that had dealings with him both in and out of business, and they said he was perfectly nice. Pleasantry and morality don't always go hand-in-hand.

I didn't say he was a fine family man. I said that I had friend that had dealings with him both in and out of business, and they said he was perfectly nice. Pleasantry and morality don't always go hand-in-hand.

I ran with the 'nice guy' bit, and too far. My apologies.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/08/jim_kelly_bon_jovi_dan_patrick_cancer.html

"Meanwhile, Kelly says he's part of a minority ownership group but has to wait to see how things shake out with the majority owners before figuring out his next move."

So, is Jim waiting until a new Bills owner is approved to try and become a minority owner of the team?

http://www.syracuse....ick_cancer.html

"Meanwhile, Kelly says he's part of a minority ownership group but has to wait to see how things shake out with the majority owners before figuring out his next move."

So, is Jim waiting until a new Bills owner is approved to try and become a minority owner of the team?

Say someone like Pegula pays cash, then sells off a few 10%-20% chunks of the team. Would be an interesting way to raise a little cash, maybe for a stadium?

Would put Gundlach, who is much younger than Golisano (55 years old), in prime position to own the team later. Just speculating but could be a nice fallback if Pegula somehow doesn't work out.

Gundlach ownership would not really be a good thing IMO, although a fallback of Golisano/Gundlach is probably better than the alternatives. However, I think the Trust and the NFL would much prefer a single owner with all the cash than any group offer. Much cleaner. This is Pegula's to lose I believe.

I'm curious as to what possible reason any of the 31 owners could have for voting against Terry Pegula as owner. He's extremely wealthy and getting wealthier, very generous, civic minded, gets good press for the most part, is a family man, very involved in sports, already owns an agency that has one of the best NFL agents in it so the league knows him, is relatively young with a family that would want to keep the ownership should anything happen, etc.

I cannot think of a reason he would not get unanimous approval.

I'm curious as to what possible reason any of the 31 owners could have for voting against Terry Pegula as owner. He's extremely wealthy and getting wealthier, very generous, civic minded, gets good press for the most part, is a family man, very involved in sports, already owns an agency that has one of the best NFL agents in it so the league knows him, is relatively young with a family that would want to keep the ownership should anything happen, etc.

I cannot think of a reason he would not get unanimous approval.

HE'S NOT JON FRIGGIN BONJOVI you numbskull!

:nana:

Am I the only one who's wondering why is this taking so long, even though it's not. How much cash does the trust want from Pegula?

I'm counting BJ out because he can't compete, that's why they let him resubmit a bid because they were low.

because ultimately Pegula won't really have to pay much more than the 2nd highest bid. If, between Trump and John Francis Bongiovi, they can't coax more than a $1b bid, Pegula will only have to commit to $1.01billion. I'm sure they'd rather see it actually go for the $1.3b we keep hearing Pegula pledged. If no one else comes close to that, he purchase price drops.

I'm sure morgan Stanley is busting their asses trying to find other bidders, because I think the price of this deal is dropping fast.

ps...my speculation of course.

Edited by jester43

I hope they don't stretch this out trying to get more money and piss off Pegula, causing him to say !@#$ you, I'm done! :doh:

Not gonna happen. The Trust isn't stupid, and furthermore, El Pegual wants the team. This is simply how huge business transactions go sometimes, and I don't think anyone is getting their feathers ruffled over it.

because ultimately Pegula won't really have to pay much more than the 2nd highest bid. If, between Trump and John Francis Bongiovi, they can't coax more than a $1b bid, Pegula will only have to commit to $1.01billion. I'm sure they'd rather see it actually go for the $1.3b we keep hearing Pegula pledged. If no one else comes close to that, he purchase price drops.

I'm sure morgan Stanley is busting their asses trying to find other bidders, because I think the price of this deal is dropping fast.

ps...my speculation of course.

How does MS drum up other bidders, cold calls? Seriously, the list of potential bidders has to be pretty short. How long do they wait?

How does MS drum up other bidders, cold calls? Seriously, the list of potential bidders has to be pretty short. How long do they wait?

There are a few steps associated with the bid process. Round 1 just concluded, which consisted of preliminary bids which were not binding. The process was never going to end this week. Bidders who pass round 1 then receive financial statements from the team and get to perform their due diligence. Bids will likely change once the analysts get to pour over the books and look at the earning power of the team. After all qualified bidders have had time to look at the books, there will be another bid deadline. At this point my understanding is that bids will be official. The Trust will deliberate and pick a winner. From what I've read, the Trust has no time constraints as far as making their decision.

i wonder if the Toronto group submitted their bid yesterday. was hoping to see the amount leak. unless it was over $1 BIL it's gotta be game over for them at this point. the risk of relocating PLUS the lowest bid? not a good look for JBJ and friends

There are a few steps associated with the bid process. Round 1 just concluded, which consisted of preliminary bids which were not binding. The process was never going to end this week. Bidders who pass round 1 then receive financial statements from the team and get to perform their due diligence. Bids will likely change once the analysts get to pour over the books and look at the earning power of the team. After all qualified bidders have had time to look at the books, there will be another bid deadline. At this point my understanding is that bids will be official. The Trust will deliberate and pick a winner. From what I've read, the Trust has no time constraints as far as making their decision.

Thank you! Holy, I feel like I want to cut and paste this into every thread about the sale to stop the "Mary Wilson is greedy, she should call Pegs and end this!"

It doesn't work that way and never will. It's a billion dollar plus transaction, there's going to a lot of DD happening which takes time, this isn't a Craigslist transaction...

Edited by Heitz

Thank you! Holy, I feel like I want to cut and paste this into every thread about the sale to stop the "Mary Wilson is greedy, she should call Pegs and end this!"

It doesn't work that way and never will. It's a billion dollar plus transaction, there's going to a lot of DD happening which takes time, this isn't a Craigslist transaction...

People w

Someone should send Bon Jovi an email saying they are an African Prince and they will give him an NFL team if he sends them $500 MIL as a down payment