Cut Thad?

OK. Well, I think at this point Tuel is our clear #2. He seemed to have a command of the offense and went through his progressions pretty well. Not a perfect performance obviously, but he looked like a capable backup. Thad was a pleasant surprise last year. Made a lot of mistakes, but played with heart, was tough, and made some clutch plays. He looked rather awful tonight and I have no idea what happened there. I don't think we should have to worry about playing our #3 QB this year, all things going according to plan.

I would not cut Thad yet but Tuel has more potential. He played well in the KC game last year

And the preseason.

Had horrible game vs Cleveland.

Look he was a I drafted rookie. I think

He is a good quarterback worth developing.

He has a good arm.

I ment to say I drafted rookie

This auto correct sucks

He was a Un-drafted rookie

Thought i would start this...seeing someone will say something soon anyway.

Nope.

Why panic and cut players who would be a great #3 disaster QB fror us if Tuel continues to play well enough to be our #2.

Fans simply look like idiots when they call for unneeded cuts.

I never said I would cut Thad. I just like what I see

In Tuel. He has good QB instincts.

His arm is strong. Remember the bomb to

Goodwin in the KC game. He tore Indy up

I think with 2 or 3 Td's in last preseason.

I like his heart. Now that he is in his 2nd season

He looks a lot more confident and knows what he's doing. What's not to like about him.

I like Thad also but Tuel has a lot of upside

Let's cut guys after game 1 of a 5 game preseason. Really smart. Good stuff.

We cut tjax before camp last year. Proved quite awesome as we ran through about a half dozen qbs from there. We should definitely cut a qb early for no reason again this year.

Side note: Tom Coughlin is an A hole for playing his starters against our 2nd stringers.

I noticed this also. It was funny how Collinsworth made it seem like they really put things together on that drive. He never mentioned that their starters were playing against the Bill's second or third string. Edited by first_and_ten

Tuel is like a piece of clay, there moulding

Him. If he keeps progressing like he is some day

He may be a starting QB in the NFL

I think he's a real good prospect for being

A undrafted 2nd year player.

He's a lot better then Nesbit of the giants

Tuel is like a piece of clay, there moulding

Him. If he keeps progressing like he is some day

He may be a starting QB in the NFL

I think he's a real good prospect for being

A undrafted 2nd year player.

He's a lot better then Nesbit of the giants

I don't even know what to say to this.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

We cut tjax before camp last year. Proved quite awesome as we ran through about a half dozen qbs from there. We should definitely cut a qb early for no reason again this year.

yeah

Tuel looks okay, seems they like him. I am okay with that he sort of impressed me last year and from reports and tonight's exposition looks better this year. I would be okay with him at back up if he continues that. Thad is like Fitz in some ways.... I don't find that so impressive.

I can't believe that Dennis Dixon is the teams 4th QB. He's fallen since his days with the Steelers I guess. That said, I wouldn't cut any QB yet, if at all. It's not an easy position to bring in someone off the street if you get hit by injuries...as we learned last year.

I noticed this also. It was funny how Collinsworth made it seem like they really put things together on that drive. He never mentioned that their starters were playing against the Bill's second or third string.

Actually, Collinsworth specifically mentioned the Giants first string offense was playing against the Bills second string defense. Al Michaels was the one who said the Giants finally looked like they were getting their act together, and Collinsworth said "What I see is a first string offense doing okay against the Bills second string." He also mentioned multiple times how impressed he was with the Bills o-line depth, something that has concerned most of us.

Actually he did mention it.

I'm sorry my hate for Colinsworth overshadowed my hearing

Actually, Collinsworth specifically mentioned the Giants first string offense was playing against the Bills second string defense. Al Michaels was the one who said the Giants finally looked like they were getting their act together, and Collinsworth said "What I see is a first string offense doing okay against the Bills second string." He also mentioned multiple times how impressed he was with the Bills o-line depth, something that has concerned most of us.

Thanks for correcting me. I didn't hear him say that. Can I change this to an "I hate Al Michaels post" ?

Edited by first_and_ten

How is it that we start a thread to cut a backup QB who was serviceable last year and then tonight when he was on the field with practice squad players and others who will have these three games as memories, think that he has no talent. Please don't forget Tuel was running with the 1s and 2s.

Edited by youngunz

Let me ask you guys this: If a veteran or even semi-veteran QB gets released, do the Bills bring him in for a look?

I would have a look, if they are decent QBs. I do think Orton is worth a look as stated above he has been a decent player (at times). EJ may still fail, betting our future on these guys is a best a gamble and at worst a mistake wait to happen. There may be more available. Seasoned players make better back ups IMHO. One of the only things I question about the FO decisions so far this this year and unfortunately a big one.

I'm sorry my hate for Colinsworth overshadowed my hearing

Thanks for correcting me. I didn't hear him say that. Can I change this to an "I hate Al Michaels post" ?

If you don't like Collinsworth as a dude, that's totally up to you. But in my opinion and that of most knowledgeable and intelligent football fans, he is generally regarded as the best color man in football, if not all of sports.

It all depends on who it is.

I like the ex Bears and cowboys QB

Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton's career statistics

83TD 59Int 15,000 yards

He is a pretty good QB

I would chose him as my Back up

And keep developing Jeff Tuel

I dont think he would work. Need someone that could run this offense. Someone that can move a little bit at least.

Unless the bills are really comfortable with Tuel (and I don't think they are), they need to cut Thad and bring in a vet.

I have been advocating that irrespective of how Tuel and Thad develop. IMHO, there needs to be atleast one proven vet on the roster (Thad isn't proven). I was under the impression no backup QB of note was available and am glad this thread informed me that Orton is.

In his time in Chicago, Orton was not spectacular but adequate. He is the kind of guy who can guide a team and would be quite a good backup. Plus he is, what 31 ? Which isn't too old.

Edited by Fan in Chicago