LaCanfora: bills may be willing to deal Spiller before season

Disclaimer I think this guy is a tool and he may just be speculating

His article also referred to "Tom" Pegula

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24638260/bills-training-camp-sammy-watkins-a-star-will-he-make-ej-manuel-better

"I'd expect the Bills to field calls for running backs if contending teams continue to lose them (Vick Ballard and Kendall Hunter already out for the year). Buffalo has more backs than it needs, probably, and C.J. Spiller, in the final year of his deal and with no extension in sight, could be the odd man out. I anticipate Fred Jackson being a Bill for life, and he could end up with a few new years on his deal, and the speed of Bryce Brown is impressive. Anthony Dixon supplies depth. A trade market for Spiller could well develop over the next month."

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No thanks, rather give him the modest deal he's worth (5.5M/yr), then keep him around for four more. He does have special talents, whether he's consistent with them or not, is another story, but he can do things you can't teach

Not that I'd want this but what could we get for him? Early round 2 pick? Late first?

neither of the teams mentioned would do that trade IMO. Colts can't give up another high pick for a RB and niners have Hyde and Gore.

I doubt they trade spiller.

I'm not a fan of trading him for numerous reasons but one is the punch in the gut it is to his teammates after they already have to endure the Kiko thing

not to mention sammy is their golden boy and CJ is his buddy. They want to keep him happy. And he is still our best RB.

CJ was not the problem with the Bills offense last year (or ever). Better play of the QB has been the problem.

Put CJ in Denver, San Diego, or Indy and he would tear it up. Indy would be a great place for him. If they trade CJ I would want a player, not a pick.

LaCanfora -- the king of innuendo and unfounded speculation. How many times must one fall for this nonsense? It's a purely speculative comment without one shred of inside information.

Now, if someone comes a' callin' with a ridiculous offer, Whaley should listen -- but otherwise this is nonsense. CJ is a proven "home run hitter" and you don't trade those away.

LaCanfora -- the king of innuendo and unfounded speculation. How many times must one fall for this nonsense? It's a purely speculative comment without one shred of inside information.

Now, if someone comes a' callin' with a ridiculous offer, Whaley should listen -- but otherwise this is nonsense. CJ is a proven "home run hitter" and you don't trade those away.

I hope someone is dumb enough to offer something high for him. I think his big play potential is great but i dont see him being a back fit for this offense.

As much as Spiller has been up and down, I'm not for getting rid of elite skilled athletes.

I agree he's very skilled and can score from anywhere. I wouldn't want to lose him for any less than a first. Maybe a second from a cellar dweller, but they wouldn't do it. When he's up he's awesome and when he's down, he just may have a high ankle sprain that limited him terribly. I don't hold that against him, I give him credit for toughing it out when maybe he should have shut it down for a few weeks. Still, he was dangerous on one leg. If you've ever had a high ankle sprain, you know how debilitating it is. And it hurts like hell. No, he's not a 25 carry/game guy, but if used right he makes you a much better team. I hope we can find a fair middle ground to keep him (despite my suspicion that that's not in their plans).

On another note, does no one read this stuff before it goes out? You could be the most knowledgeable guy in the league, but you sound like an idiot if you're rushing and make a few simple mistakes.

I can't see any logic for trading Spiller. He's been a consummate pro and good team ambassador since the day he arrived. He possesses elite talent. He hasn't complained like most star backs would about sharing time.

He was hurt last year don't forget!

People rooting for this trade are probably the same people who wanted Lynch trading out of town because he is a goofball, so we got a 4th rounder and a pack of bubble gum for him.

I know the Bills aren't big on overpaying for "non premium" positions (S, G, FB, RB) but this strikes me as flat out dumb.