LaCanfora: bills may be willing to deal Spiller before season

"ripped off a huge season" is comical. 1,200 yards is far from huge. He's not putting up 1,400+ here or anything. And honestly, of give you HUGE if he just had 10+TDs but he didn't. His season was far from "huge". It was ok. Better than average. Enough to be top 10 in the league but not crack the top 5 and had less TDs than some QBs. Not good at all.

About taking Fred's job, you make my point even more. CJ is not only a first rounder, he's a top 10 draft pick. Regardless of how good Freddy is and how hard it is to dethrone him, a top 10 draft pick is supposed to win the job outright. A top 10 pick is supposed to be "THE MAN" for his team. CJ has never been more than a platoon guy at the position.

I'm not the one that's looking down on him so much that's the problem here. It's everyone else putting him on a pedestal, acting like he's something special. 755 yards and 3TDs a year is nothing special. I promise you that.

yet Marrone limited his carries last year as the year went on and he realized how fragile he is. The bad decisions he makes.

Just because other teams or other people are blinded by his "ability" just because he's fast, doesn't tell me anything other than there are idiots all around us. Marrone knows what he has with Spiller and he picked up 2 RBs this offseason and tried to trade up in the draft for Hyde for a reason. He doesn't want Spiller here anymore.

what exactly does he mean to this team? I'd honestly like to know what you see out of his 755 yard average and 3TDs a season that makes him special.

We can agree on Spiller's mental lapses. They can have you pulling your hair out for sure. But that's about all we can agree on.

Marrone "limited" his carries last season? Those carries were limited by his high ankle sprain. Period. Some might suggest Spiller showed a ton of heart playing through it.

There is no evidence that Marrone doesn't want him, either.

He's a homerun hitter that pressures a defense. That's his role, that's what he's on the field for. Until Watkins arrived, he was the only player like that on the field for us. Now we have homerun hitters that can hurt every level of the defense.

I still think it's funny that you think it's the other pro personnel people who are blinded by his ability, while you have it all figured out. He sucks, but some other team will be willing to trade for him. Why is that? I mean, other than he sucks and they don't know what you know?

Anyway, we've been through this tired dance before. Maybe it's time we get back to "Kyle Williams sucks."

GO BILLS

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope someone is dumb enough to offer something high for him. I think his big play potential is great but i dont see him being a back fit for this offense.

this is what drives me crazy.

lol. he's not a fit for "this offense". The guy is all-world talent, but we can't fit him into our dream team, 6-10, offensive structure that was good enough to finish 19th in the league in total offense, even though our running backs accounted for the second most potent rushing offense in the league.

So Spiller was basically a top 3 running back in the league when he was healthy 2 years ago,

Then when injured for the entire season and playing on a bum leg was half of the best 2nd best rushing attack in the league.

But Nathaniel f*cking Hackett (who???) can't

"figure out"

how to use him, so let's get rid of him.

That's almost as stupid as trading away your best wideout because he doesn't "fit" the kind of vision Marrone has for a team.

You know, our Big East reject of a coach with a 6-10 life time record in the NFL? Who has yet to figure out how to challenge calls.

Don't worry though guys, let's keep stockpiling picks because "we're on the right track."

Buffalo Bills players make the playoffs all the time--the only problem is they do it for other teams.

I swear to god, there's a reason why this team hasn't made the playoffs in a decade and a half, and it's reasons like this.

How to manage the Buffalo Bills:

1) Draft a stud running back with your top 10 pick

2) Watch him rise to prominence in the league over his first 3 seasons

3) Realize you're going to have to pay him big bucks

4) Disparge his abilities and discredit his track record

5a) Trade him for a 5th round pick

or

5b) Make a lowball offer and insult him, then let him walk after the season

6) Cover your ears while he badmouths your organization to his new team mates

7) Throw hands up in the air and feign surprise when big name free agents and coaches don't want to sign here

8) Finish 6-10 for a decade and a half

9) Profit

F*ck this sad sack of an organization if they make this move, and f*ck you if you think it's a good idea.

maybe Doug Whaley is using LaCanfora to drum up interest ?

either way, Spiller is gone. he will not be on this team next year.

by his own words, spiller is seeking/getting advice from Jairus Byrd. spiller wants way more money than the bills are willing to pay. he will become a free agent after this season. the bills realize this and will trade him first.

spiller is a STUD, but he gets winded easily.

this is all orchestrated by the bills to get philly to better whatever they offered the last time.

CJ Spiller playing in Philly's offense would tear it up. it would be perfect for him.

this is what drives me crazy.

lol. he's not a fit for "this offense". The guy is all-world talent, but we can't fit him into our dream team, 6-10, offensive structure that was good enough to finish 19th in the league in total offense, even though our running backs accounted for the second most potent rushing offense in the league.

So Spiller was basically a top 3 running back in the league when he was healthy 2 years ago,

Then when injured for the entire season and playing on a bum leg was half of the best 2nd best rushing attack in the league.

But Nathaniel f*cking Hackett (who???) can't

"figure out"

how to use him, so let's get rid of him.

That's almost as stupid as trading away your best wideout because he doesn't "fit" the kind of vision Marrone has for a team.

You know, our Big East reject of a coach with a 6-10 life time record in the NFL? Who has yet to figure out how to challenge calls.

Don't worry though guys, let's keep stockpiling picks because "we're on the right track."

Buffalo Bills players make the playoffs all the time--the only problem is they do it for other teams.

I swear to god, there's a reason why this team hasn't made the playoffs in a decade and a half, and it's reasons like this.

How to manage the Buffalo Bills:

1) Draft a stud running back with your top 10 pick

2) Watch him rise to prominence in the league over his first 3 seasons

3) Realize you're going to have to pay him big bucks

4) Disparge his abilities and discredit his track record

5a) Trade him for a 5th round pick

or

5b) Make a lowball offer and insult him, then let him walk after the season

6) Cover your ears while he badmouths your organization to his new team mates

7) Throw hands up in the air and feign surprise when big name free agents and coaches don't want to sign here

8) Finish 6-10 for a decade and a half

9) Profit

F*ck this sad sack of an organization if they make this move, and f*ck you if you think it's a good idea.

You need to be more direct in your posts. Don't sugar coat it. We're all adults.

We can agree on Spiller's mental lapses. They can have you pulling your hair out for sure. But that's about all we can agree on.

Marrone "limited" his carries last season? Those carries were limited by his high ankle sprain. Period. Some might suggest Spiller showed a ton of heart playing through it.

There is no evidence that Marrone doesn't want him, either.

He's a homerun hitter that pressures a defense. That's his role, that's what he's on the field for. Until Watkins arrived, he was the only player like that on the field for us. Now we have homerun hitters that can hurt every level of the defense.

I still think it's funny that you think it's the other pro personnel people who are blinded by his ability, while you have it all figured out. He sucks, but some other team will be willing to trade for him. Why is that? I mean, other than he sucks and they don't know what you know?

Anyway, we've been through this tired dance before. Maybe it's time we get back to "Kyle Williams sucks."

GO BILLS

high ankle sprain= just another one of the countless excises we have used for CJ over the years. It has gone from splitting carries, to winded, to high ankle sprain. Nice. Surprised you don't realize that. I honestly had more respect for you than that.

There's no evidence that he wants him either. He didn't draft him. He's since picked up 2 other RBs and tried for a 3rd in the draft. Just saying.

His role has never accomplished anything with the exception of about 15 runs over 3 years that were just great. Unfortunately the other 600 carries were nothing special. Regardless what you think you know, defenses aren't scared of Spiller. Of he opened things up so much we would have much better passing numbers and we don't.

Some teams thought Aaron Maybin was good. Jamarcus Russell. Matt Leinart. The lost can go on and on. But facts are facts. As a RB in this league over 4 years, he averages 755 yards and 3 TDs a season and that is not good. Hell, Worhout looking of be willing to bet Peyton Hillis has similar numbers. Is he good? He made the cover of Madden. He must be good. Nobody who makes decisions like that are ever wrong.

This tired dance that's based on the facts that he's been a dissapoontment of a first round draft pick whole being placed in a pedestal by idiots across the nation that follow this team??? Sure. I guess your right.

Kyle Williams.... I guess your right. I mean a DTs main duty on a team regardless of your a 4-3 or 3-4 is to stop the run and since Williams has been on the team we have out up historical numbers on how bad our run defense has been.

Nice talk. Keep thinking your right. I'll be the one laughing at the end of this year when CJ shows yet again that he is nothing more than a gimmick player that can't be relied on an is always injured or hurt to the point that we make excises for him.

this is all orchestrated by the bills to get philly to better whatever they offered the last time.

CJ Spiller playing in Philly's offense would tear it up. it would be perfect for him.

The Bills offense more closely resembles Philly's than any other team. There's some elements of Sean Payton's passing game, but overall there isn't much difference between the Bills and the Eagles as far as play calling and design go.

The biggest differences are in execution, not design. The QB and o line performances are why many of us didn't notice the overall similarity.

high ankle sprain= just another one of the countless excises we have used for CJ over the years. It has gone from splitting carries, to winded, to high ankle sprain. Nice. Surprised you don't realize that. I honestly had more respect for you than that.

There's no evidence that he wants him either. He didn't draft him. He's since picked up 2 other RBs and tried for a 3rd in the draft. Just saying.

His role has never accomplished anything with the exception of about 15 runs over 3 years that were just great. Unfortunately the other 600 carries were nothing special. Regardless what you think you know, defenses aren't scared of Spiller. Of he opened things up so much we would have much better passing numbers and we don't.

Some teams thought Aaron Maybin was good. Jamarcus Russell. Matt Leinart. The lost can go on and on. But facts are facts. As a RB in this league over 4 years, he averages 755 yards and 3 TDs a season and that is not good. Hell, Worhout looking of be willing to bet Peyton Hillis has similar numbers. Is he good? He made the cover of Madden. He must be good. Nobody who makes decisions like that are ever wrong.

This tired dance that's based on the facts that he's been a dissapoontment of a first round draft pick whole being placed in a pedestal by idiots across the nation that follow this team??? Sure. I guess your right.

Kyle Williams.... I guess your right. I mean a DTs main duty on a team regardless of your a 4-3 or 3-4 is to stop the run and since Williams has been on the team we have out up historical numbers on how bad our run defense has been.

Nice talk. Keep thinking your right. I'll be the one laughing at the end of this year when CJ shows yet again that he is nothing more than a gimmick player that can't be relied on an is always injured or hurt to the point that we make excises for him.

Carry on, good knight.

post-1661-0-16059000-1406422771_thumb.jpg

well done. I'll be the one telling you, you were wrong come week 8.

Why wait until week 8? Why do you need half a season? What, he's gonna suck even more at week 8? If Marrone hates him like you say, he'll be long gone by then.

Why do you think some coaches and offensive philosophies stress a platoon system at running back?

GO BILLS!!!

Why wait until week 8? Why do you need half a season? What, he's gonna suck even more at week 8? If Marrone hates him like you say, he'll be long gone by then.

Why do you think some coaches and offensive philosophies stress a platoon system at running back?

GO BILLS!!!

oh. I'm sure of it now. It'll just take until week 8 until many others realize it. When Brown takes over as the start and CJ is hindered by some other freak injury just like any other years excuses.

I truly hope I'm wrong. I truly hope I get laughed at so bad that I want to delete my account and never come back. It'll mean I was way wrong and our offense is flying high this year. Here's to me being the biggest idiot to ever show his face on TBD.