CJ Spiller contract (Jamaal charles deal)

im quite the pessimist when it comes to the bills, but i think with the talent at wideout, a healthy spiller should be able to have an absolute monster year.

Maybe they won't let him by limiting his carries (they are high on Brown and of course Fred is the heart and soul of this team). I don't think CJ will have enough touches to have a monster year, which might be by design because the more yards he has the higher his salary demands lol. But I can see him having a very good year with a lot of big time plays

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't limit touches in a win now mode.

Also it's a 3 year deal b/c it is an extension to his existing deal, which has a year left. It's either 18 total or 22 total. Either way it presents a good ceiling for CJ's next deal. I like the bush comparison too.

CJ will be gone after this season. As much as I don't want to lose the guy I just think the guy is using this season as a tryout for a bigger contract. Dude will probably end up with a 4 million dollar a year deal with a small guarantee in year one of that deal.

CJ will be gone after this season. As much as I don't want to lose the guy I just think the guy is using this season as a tryout for a bigger contract. Dude will probably end up with a 4 million dollar a year deal with a small guarantee in year one of that deal.

He is like $6M against the cap now (I think). They can extend him at the same money that he is currently making because the RB market has plummeted. It would be wise IMO. Even if they use him as a specialty player with 15 touches a game.

People are so funny that want to get rid of CJ Spiller or are so quick to let him leave....

If you platoon him with a bigger back CJ Spiller can be a real weapon........I think the Bryce Brown trade is a plan for the future to have that big back because Fred Jackson is eventually gonna lose to father time.....I just hope it isnt this year

We will continue to run more than most teams. This makes CJ more valuable to us than he would be elsewhere. Not necessarily as the first option, be certainly as a very dangerous option!

Combine hi with Bryce and it's a very nice duo. (Love you Fred!)

Anyone think Spiller is gonna wanna stay because of Sammy Watkins?

not at the cost of $2m a year to his pocket.

People are so funny that want to get rid of CJ Spiller or are so quick to let him leave....

If you platoon him with a bigger back CJ Spiller can be a real weapon........I think the Bryce Brown trade is a plan for the future to have that big back because Fred Jackson is eventually gonna lose to father time.....I just hope it isnt this year

bryce Brown is definately the future. Him and Dixon with Freddy being the 3rd back when needed going forward. In 2 years, Freddy retires and we pick up someone else to replace him.

Edited by mrags

spiller is gone.....he will not want to resign with buffalo.

99.99% sure he becomes a free agent and leaves.

Why would you say this? buffalo is committed to the run game and has an O-line that backs this up. Spiller could go many places where he is little more than a gadget player.

CJ will be gone. He's more valuable to other teams than he is to us. His production doesn't support the hype that surrounds him. I believe he is talented but if we can't take advantage of that talent then we won't get our money's worth. $9 mil a year for a RB is stupid, unless he has 2000 all purpose yards then he ain't worth it

Who suggested $9 million?

Edited by Triple Threat

I've been a proponent of putting CJ on the block. I believe Brown will prove to be a starting RB and with CJ's deal closing out, I doubt he will want to sign for what we offer. Try and get something for him now before we let him walk in free agency, That being said, I love the explosiveness CJ brings. But he just isnt the RB that we need.

I think we need CJ and a Fred type. I'm a fan of the 2 RB system. But, I digress. I agree, if we are not going to resign him, trade him. Might be able to get that 1st rounder back next year (there is a sucker somewhere in the NFL>?).

I think we need CJ and a Fred type. I'm a fan of the 2 RB system. But, I digress. I agree, if we are not going to resign him, trade him. Might be able to get that 1st rounder back next year (there is a sucker somewhere in the NFL>?).

we will have a CJ and Fred type in Brown and Dixon.

As much as I would love to have another 2nd or 3rd round draft pick (at the most, all your going to get for CJ) I'd rather just keep him for the season and let him walk at the end. Hopefully he helps is somehow get I to and through the playoffs this year.

CJ will be gone. He's more valuable to other teams than he is to us. His production doesn't support the hype that surrounds him. I believe he is talented but if we can't take advantage of that talent then we won't get our money's worth. $9 mil a year for a RB is stupid, unless he has 2000 all purpose yards then he ain't worth it

Never understood this type of thinking. Two years ago when he was healthy the guy had 1700 all purpose yards and a SIX yard per carry average. And you say his production doesn't support the hype? Come on man, that's the very definition of production.

How in the world do you think he is more valuable to some other team when Freddy is one of the oldest runners in the league, we play in a stadium that can be very windy and requires a solid running game, and our passing attack is struggling.

I cant think of one other team that needs him MORE than we do.