CJ Spiller contract (Jamaal charles deal)

Jamaal charles signed, what is basically, a 3-year 18mil contract today. I think this is good news as far as cj's contract goes because 6mil a year for an elite RB seems reasonable to me. Obviously charles is a more proven commodity and spiller is banking on this year but, to me, this is good news.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiller won't be extended and he's not in Jamaal Charles' category. If reports are correct, Bryce Brown was a guy the current front office liked a year ago and this probably will be Jackson's final year. Re-signing RB's to big money long term contracts is fool's gold. I doubt CJ fits into the mold of what Marrone wants to do, and it's anyone's guess who the HC and GM will be come January.

Spiller won't be extended and he's not in Jamaal Charles' category. If reports are correct, Bryce Brown was a guy the current front office liked a year ago and this probably will be Jackson's final year. Re-signing RB's to big money long term contracts is fool's gold. I doubt CJ fits into the mold of what Marrone wants to do, and it's anyone's guess who the HC and GM will be come January.

I've been a proponent of putting CJ on the block. I believe Brown will prove to be a starting RB and with CJ's deal closing out, I doubt he will want to sign for what we offer. Try and get something for him now before we let him walk in free agency, That being said, I love the explosiveness CJ brings. But he just isnt the RB that we need.

4 years and $16M was the Reggie Bush deal....that is the most applicable contract of anyone in the league. The Bills should definitely keep him at that.

The guy can score from anywhere. If that's the deal I think you have to do it!

4 years and $16M was the Reggie Bush deal....that is the most applicable contract of anyone in the league. The Bills should definitely keep him at that.

I have a feeling that execs view CJ as much better and he will net more money.

Also, was bush about the same age as spiller when he signed his deal? I feel like he could have been older, but I might be wrong.

I have a feeling that execs view CJ as much better and he will net more money.

Also, was bush about the same age as spiller when he signed his deal? I feel like he could have been older, but I might be wrong.

I think Reggie's was last year. I have posted it a few places comparing their stats the last 3 years and they are pretty similar. CJ a higher YPC but both are high, Reggie a better receiver and scores more. It is the perfect comp.

I think Reggie's was last year. I have posted it a few places comparing their stats the last 3 years and they are pretty similar. CJ a higher YPC but both are high, Reggie a better receiver and scores more. It is the perfect comp.

It's certainly good, but I think CJ is about 3 years younger. That's going to make a difference in the offers.

CJ will be gone. He's more valuable to other teams than he is to us. His production doesn't support the hype that surrounds him. I believe he is talented but if we can't take advantage of that talent then we won't get our money's worth. $9 mil a year for a RB is stupid, unless he has 2000 all purpose yards then he ain't worth it

CJ will be gone. He's more valuable to other teams than he is to us. His production doesn't support the hype that surrounds him. I believe he is talented but if we can't take advantage of that talent then we won't get our money's worth. $9 mil a year for a RB is stupid, unless he has 2000 all purpose yards then he ain't worth it

They are getting $4-6m a year. Does that change your mind?

im quite the pessimist when it comes to the bills, but i think with the talent at wideout, a healthy spiller should be able to have an absolute monster year.