Know anyone with a disease? Read this

The legitimate debate ended here a long time ago. Actually it ended with the thread title.

Know anyone with a disease? Read this

That is the title. It is not pot cures everything or that pot cures all disease, as some of you morons continue to claim. It says, if you know anyone with a disease, read this.

Why? Because the knowledge may help you or someone you know, dipshit! Because the endocannabinoid system is involved in a great many bodily processes. It is an intercellular communications network that was not discovered until relatively recently. As stated in one of my first posts, cannabinoids were not researched for the past 75 years and so may be involved in some of the more confounding diseases afflicting us.

If I could expand the title I would add .... Know anyone with a Disease? Read this (unless you are too ignorant to understand new information)

Edited by Bob in Mich

A new study claims marijuana is tied to a threefold risk of dying from high blood pressure — but there’s a catch.

Isn’t there always?

A new study suggests that anyone who smokes marijuana faces a threefold risk of dying from high blood pressure than people who have never used the drug.

Those findings sound alarming, but it’s important to keep in mind that, like any study, this one has limitations, including that it defines marijuana “users” as anyone who’s ever tried the drug and that it doesn’t differentiate among strains of a highly unregulated product.

However, the study highlights some key areas for future study — including how using cannabis might affect the heart.

Criminalization made thorough studies of marijuana’s health effects almost impossible, and a study like this one amalgamating one-time users with habitual users probably doesn’t have much utility, either.

This needs to change, now that there’s greater legal tolerance for the drug, so that individuals and governments can better understand what we’re getting into.

A new study claims marijuana is tied to a threefold risk of dying from high blood pressure — but there’s a catch.

Isn’t there always?

Criminalization made thorough studies of marijuana’s health effects almost impossible, and a study like this one amalgamating one-time users with habitual users probably doesn’t have much utility, either.

This needs to change, now that there’s greater legal tolerance for the drug, so that individuals and governments can better understand what we’re getting into.

Ah, pot...the cause of and solution to heart disease...

so..... these people are so drug-saturated that heroin and morphine aren't even viable options for hospital and medical procedures?

and we drink 50g of sugar into 6 drinks a day and eat sugar-breakdown foods into the taxing on our systems...

will be interesting to see how it plays out the next 20 years.

so..... these people are so drug-saturated that heroin and morphine aren't even viable options for hospital and medical procedures?

and we drink 50g of sugar into 6 drinks a day and eat sugar-breakdown foods into the taxing on our systems...

will be interesting to see how it plays out the next 20 years.

More like 300g.

That's how much I have in front of me.

The obits for the druggies I went to school with are piling up as we hit our early 50s.

Last week's would smoke up with his parents at the dinner table, starting when he was 11 years old.

Yay.

• 1 month later...

Is there nothing magical marijuana cant do?

https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/cannabis-legalization-boosts-property-values-study-says?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=B2C%20NEWSLETTER%202017-09-27

And FTA:

The study did not seek to identify the reasons that property near cannabis retailers gained value faster than comparative samples.

Of course not.

Cannabis is not at the root of today's opiate crisis. It is a horrible shame that so many are dying from drug use, but not all illicit drugs should be grouped into the one bucket. In fact, doing so has contributed to the problem. Users don't have the fear of opiates that they should, partly due to the fact that marijuana wasn't as bad as advertised by such programs as DARE. Counter-intuitively, the illegality of a drug does not speak to it's danger.

Cannabis may help current opiate users decrease or even eliminate their dependence. Also, cannabis concentrates could certainly be used as an additional weapon against pain. Wouldn't it be wiser to start a patient on a safer, less addictive option before resorting to opiates, given so many are having problems kicking the opiates after their pain has subsided?

I found these articles interesting:

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/6-takeaways-from-dr-ethan-russos-cannabis-an-unconventional-solution-to-the-opioid-crisis

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/how-cannabis-can-combat-the-opioid-epidemic-an-interview-with-philippe-lucas

Cannabis is not at the root of today's opiate crisis. It is a horrible shame that so many are dying from drug use, but not all illicit drugs should be grouped into the one bucket. In fact, doing so has contributed to the problem. Users don't have the fear of opiates that they should, partly due to the fact that marijuana wasn't as bad as advertised by such programs as DARE. Counter-intuitively, the illegality of a drug does not speak to it's danger.

Cannabis may help current opiate users decrease or even eliminate their dependence. Also, cannabis concentrates could certainly be used as an additional weapon against pain. Wouldn't it be wiser to start a patient on a safer, less addictive option before resorting to opiates, given so many are having problems kicking the opiates after their pain has subsided?

I found these articles interesting:

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/6-takeaways-from-dr-ethan-russos-cannabis-an-unconventional-solution-to-the-opioid-crisis

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/how-cannabis-can-combat-the-opioid-epidemic-an-interview-with-philippe-lucas

Marijuana is the worst, all things considered.

It normalizes the expectation of getting high with every use.

Nothing else in the low-end of freely available substances does this.

If you are saying cannabis is worse for an individual user than opiates, you are terribly misinformed about the relative dangers of opiates versus cannabis.

Also, are you implying there is no high with opiate use?

I'm high right now and I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I am joking about being high.

Of the sect of heavy potsmokers I went to school with in the 70s and 80s, 12 (the vast majority) croaked before their 50th birthday, just added 2 more last month to that special list in my thoughts.

I'm sure a few were bumped off due to the inherent hazards of thinking you could rip off people in the trade...

Bummer.

I always liked this song:

Eddie waited till he finished high school

He went to Hollywood, got a tattoo

He met a girl out there with a tattoo too

The future was wide open

They moved into a place they both could afford

He found a nightclub he could work at the door

She had a guitar and she taught him some chords

The sky was the limit

Into the great wide open

Under them skies of blue

Out in the great wide open

A rebel without a clue

The papers said Ed always played from the heart

He got an agent and a roadie named Bart

They made a record and it went in the charts

The sky was the limit

His leather jacket had chains that would jingle

They both met movie stars, partied and mingled

Their A&R man said "I don't hear a single"

The future was wide open

Into the great wide open

Under them skies of blue

Out in the great wide open

A rebel without a clue

Into the great wide open

Under them skies of blue

Into the great wide open

A rebel without a clue

I didn't know he wrote a song about you. You have my deepest sympathies.

Yeah, there are times (rare) when I am sorry that I don't respond to Gator

That was set right up on the Tee.

(though he might have quoted "Fooled Again" as his favorite)

• 3 weeks later...

http://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/356702-trumps-opioid-agency-fails-to-cite-marijuanas-benefits-despite-mounting

Despite the growing body of scientific evidence showing that cannabis access is associated with reductions in opioid abuse and mortality, President Trump’s Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis remains mum on the subject. Their silence is unacceptable. It is time for the administration to stop placing political ideology above the health and safety of the American public.

Just last week, data published online in The American Journal of Public Health reported a 6.5 percent decrease in monthly opioid deaths in Colorado following the enactment of retail cannabis sales. “This reduction represents a reversal of the upward trend in opioid-related deaths in Colorado,” authors concluded.

Such a crazy news day!

Fifty-one percent of Republicans now support marijuana legalization, a nine-point increase from last year, according to a new Gallup poll released Wednesday. Overall support is also at an all-time high, with 64 percent of Americans now in favor of making marijuana legal. A majority of Democrats have favored legalization since 2009, while a majority of Americans have consistently shown support since 2013.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-campaign-downplays-cambridge-analytica-role

I was hoping your tired shtick would die with him.

Prayer for patience for the kids forced to listen to Dad play his TP greatest hits CD and yell "HE WAS THE GREATEST EVER!!!" for hours until this wears out...

Such a crazy news day!

Fifty-one percent of Republicans now support marijuana legalization, a nine-point increase from last year, according to a new Gallup poll released Wednesday. Overall support is also at an all-time high, with 64 percent of Americans now in favor of making marijuana legal. A majority of Democrats have favored legalization since 2009, while a majority of Americans have consistently shown support since 2013.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-campaign-downplays-cambridge-analytica-role

Why is it crazy? If Republicans were really for free markets, smaller government, individual freedom, and get the government out of my bedroom, they'd be for it.

Those that follow them and actually believe it are for it.

Why is it crazy? If Republicans were really for free markets, smaller government, individual freedom, and get the government out of my bedroom, they'd be for it.

Those that follow them and actually believe it are for it.

Well, what we have learned, or re-learned, is that the only thing at all the base case about is their bigotry. Keeping this illegal allows them to punish people so it will stay illegal.