Know anyone with a disease? Read this

You calling me out for insulting someone is one of your funnier posts. I'll remember that when you insult someone for a hell of a lot less.

I think anyone who knowingly commits a potential felony needs to be called out on the stupidity of it.

I usually only insult serial insulters. That dude likes to contribute and gets nothing but a flood of insults for it

Seriously?? He knows it's illegal to transport marijuana to non-medical states. So he loads up with an oz (that's a lot of weed for three weeks!) with all sorts of paraphernalia and gets busted and lucky he didn't get thrown in jail and fined. But I'm the stupid one. Got it.

Ok, getting pulled over wasn't very smart. It has been decades since I had gotten stopped though, so I guess I was due. I sped up to avoid a dicey situation with a semi. Coincidentally, the radar car was right there and I was caught going 78 in a 70 zone. Guess that couldn't happen to you on a 1500 mile drive.

You have no idea what is enough cannabis for my health condition or how I use it. You also clearly don't understand why a patient may bring different strains, resulting in a total amount that might be more than I would expect to use. Have you ever taken more pills on a trip than you used? And, of course I had implements to deliver my medicine. To do otherwise would be foolish.

So, maybe the stupid part was deciding to go to an out of state funeral? Was it taking my medicine with me? Maybe it is just needing medicine in the first place? If you know anyone that has been dependent on opiates and then has gotten themselves off of them, you might understand why that patient wouldn't want to risk that road again.

Some posters here have claimed that medical cannabis users should just shut up, stay underground, use at home in private, and all will be rosy. These posters are frustrated that they continue to hear about medical marijuana. In their mind, the cannabis laws are no big deal. IMO, they are horribly wrong as are you, Jim.

Ok, getting pulled over wasn't very smart. It has been decades since I had gotten stopped though, so I guess I was due. I sped up to avoid a dicey situation with a semi. Coincidentally, the radar car was right there and I was caught going 78 in a 70 zone. Guess that couldn't happen to you on a 1500 mile drive.

You have no idea what is enough cannabis for my health condition or how I use it. You also clearly don't understand why a patient may bring different strains, resulting in a total amount that might be more than I would expect to use. Have you ever taken more pills on a trip than you used? And, of course I had implements to deliver my medicine. To do otherwise would be foolish.

So, maybe the stupid part was deciding to go to an out of state funeral? Was it taking my medicine with me? Maybe it is just needing medicine in the first place? If you know anyone that has been dependent on opiates and then has gotten themselves off of them, you might understand why that patient wouldn't want to risk that road again.

Some posters here have claimed that medical cannabis users should just shut up, stay underground, use at home in private, and all will be rosy. These posters are frustrated that they continue to hear about medical marijuana. In their mind, the cannabis laws are no big deal. IMO, they are horribly wrong as are you, Jim.

See I'm not going to give you **** for speeding because I do it all the time. I'm going to give you **** for carrying an illegal substance. You said you eventually went with the opiates for your pain because they confiscated your medicine. So I have to ask you why did you not just go with the opiates to begin with? That way if you had gotten pulled over you would have had a prescription and the worst thing that could have happened was you'd get a minor speeding ticket. And the fact that you were out of state to attend a funeral has zero to do with this story and playing the sympathy card will not work with me.

I usually only insult serial insulters. That dude likes to contribute and gets nothing but a flood of insults for it

I'm a serial insulter? Interesting.

See I'm not going to give you **** for speeding because I do it all the time. I'm going to give you **** for carrying an illegal substance. You said you eventually went with the opiates for your pain because they confiscated your medicine. So I have to ask you why did you not just go with the opiates to begin with? That way if you had gotten pulled over you would have had a prescription and the worst thing that could have happened was you'd get a minor speeding ticket. And the fact that you were out of state to attend a funeral has zero to do with this story and playing the sympathy card will not work with me.

Careful being too mean or he might wish you were dead.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I'm a serial insulter? Interesting.

You have heard of the opiate epidemic? That epidemic is comprised of individuals who are addicted to opiates. You may have heard that quitting them can be difficult for many. You may also have heard that opiate addicts are dying at an alarming rate - both legal and illegal users.

I have been able to escape that addiction, though it nearly killed me. I ended up in the emergency room. Can you comprehend that a patient may want to avoid that situation again? Ex-dependents typically will not want to risk 3 weeks back on opiates. That is a slippery slope.

Bringing up the funeral wasn't for your sympathy. I mentioned it to show that there are times when, in order to live your life, you need to travel away from home. Patients that need to travel, need to travel with their medicine. The real issue is the outdated cannabis laws. People should be able to choose cannabis if it works best for their medical circumstances and those patients should not be locked in their homes. Users of other medicines don't face such restrictions.

You have heard of the opiate epidemic? That epidemic is comprised of individuals who are addicted to opiates. You may have heard that quitting them can be difficult for many. You may also have heard that opiate addicts are dying at an alarming rate - both legal and illegal users.

I have been able to escape that addiction, though it nearly killed me. I ended up in the emergency room. Can you comprehend that a patient may want to avoid that situation again? Ex-dependents typically will not want to risk 3 weeks back on opiates. That is a slippery slope.

Bringing up the funeral wasn't for your sympathy. I mentioned it to show that there are times when, in order to live your life, you need to travel away from home. Patients that need to travel, need to travel with their medicine. The real issue is the outdated cannabis laws. People should be able to choose cannabis if it works best for their medical circumstances and those patients should not be locked in their homes. Users of other medicines don't face such restrictions.

Sorry your life sucks. Question for you. Were you stoned when you were speeding?

Sorry your life sucks. Question for you. Were you stoned when you were speeding?

No. Had the cruise control set at around 73 (in a 70). Hitting the gas pedal got me clocked at 78. He didn't ticket me...just a written warning.

No. Had the cruise control set at around 73 (in a 70). Hitting the gas pedal got me clocked at 78. He didn't ticket me...just a written warning.

Ok good. So Ryan it appears the Bob is a big boy and figured it out.

BTW cruising speed here in CA is pushing 90. It's crazy.

I have always assumed that you are just a stoner trying to get pot legalized. If you could tell us what your situation and experience is, it would help.

PS question - you were going to a funeral for three weeks?

I have always assumed that you are just a stoner trying to get pot legalized. If you could tell us what your situation and experience is, it would help.

The funeral was one day. He gave himself three weeks to find the place. :D

Actually he was going on tour with The Grateful Dead.

bbb, do you think this group has the maturity level to hear more personal details? No, no me either. I believe that I've said enough already.

Yeah, that you're an unrepentant druggie who got arrested transporting an illicit substance across state lines.

No sympathy ever.

bbb, do you think this group has the maturity level to hear more personal details? No, no me either. I believe that I've said enough already.

True that!

Yeah, that you're an unrepentant druggie who got arrested transporting an illicit substance across state lines.

No sympathy ever.

gosh you are so tough!

Blah!

I'll bet most of us have the maturity level to not transport illegal drugs across state lines.