Know anyone with a disease? Read this

It does not. But it depends on what strains you're smoking. If you're smoking heavy indicas you'll notice a huge difference between lighter sativas.

The only strains there were when I was smoking it were Columbian and Mexican.

So, are you saying that certain strains don't intensify things, or just don't intensify pain?

Walgreens releases some information on medical cannabis. Getting kinda mainstream, eh?

http://staywell.walgreens.com/post/143131696215/medical-marijuana

Cannabinoids attach like a key to a lock to your body’s naturally occurring cannabinoid receptors, which make up the endocannabinoid (EC) system. Both the therapeutic and psychoactive properties of marijuana occur when a cannabinoid activates a cannabinoid receptor. Because the EC system is found in many parts of your brain and cannabinoid receptors are all over your body—in your brain, lungs, liver, kidneys and immune system—the effects of THC and CBD are wide-ranging.

So, are you saying that certain strains don't intensify things, or just don't intensify pain?

I'm not aware of any strain that intensifies pain.

Certain strains (indicas) are more "suck you into the couch" highs where you're not talking much and are just kinda there. Sativas are, by and large, less heavy and more social (you're eager to talk, want to be active -- or at least more active than indicas -- and you have an unquenchable desire to hear lots of Tom Petty). Hybrids (exactly what you think, a blend of both sativa and indica) can be a bit of both, but they usually swing more indica dominate.

For my personal medical use, specifically to regulate appetite and manage pain, I avoid indicas unless I'm in tremendous pain and/or it's really late and I need to try to sleep. For my personal use, which these days is quite rare, I'll only smoke sativa otherwise I'll clam up and be no fun for anyone. If I ever have to smoke while I work -- which happens when my condition acts up and I'm under deadline -- I smoke CBD heavy strains which have little to no THC (thc gets you high, cbd blocks pain) so it doesn't really affect my cognitive abilities or motivation.

That said, like Chef has said before, it's not the best way to deal with pain by any stretch. It helps me but that's more to do with it being my only option than it being the most efficient.

...Not that you asked for all of that explanation, but ya' got it anyway. :beer:

Here's a great site for all the different strains. It's quite a science.

https://www.leafly.com/

That said, like Chef has said before, it's not the best way to deal with pain by any stretch. It helps me but that's more to do with it being my only option than it being the most efficient.

It hasn't done a damn thing for my pain. And the jury is still our whether or not I'll even continue using it for recreation.

Certain strains (indicas) are more "suck you into the couch" highs where you're not talking much and are just kinda there. Sativas are, by and large, less heavy and more social (you're eager to talk, want to be active -- or at least more active than indicas -- and you have an unquenchable desire to hear lots of Tom Petty). Hybrids (exactly what you think, a blend of both sativa and indica) can be a bit of both, but they usually swing more indica dominate.

For my personal medical use, specifically to regulate appetite and manage pain, I avoid indicas unless I'm in tremendous pain and/or it's really late and I need to try to sleep. For my personal use, which these days is quite rare, I'll only smoke sativa otherwise I'll clam up and be no fun for anyone. If I ever have to smoke while I work -- which happens when my condition acts up and I'm under deadline -- I smoke CBD heavy strains which have little to no THC (thc gets you high, cbd blocks pain) so it doesn't really affect my cognitive abilities or motivation.

...Not that you asked for all of that explanation, but ya' got it anyway. :beer:

So you sent a package of select indicas to gator/tiber? :unsure:

What a dirty play by someone, guy falls from projected #1-3 pick to the Phins at #13 for a video that was filmed 4.5 years ago.

I agree it was a very mean thing someone did. There was apparently Instagram stuff too. I have my doubts on when it was filmed but it was a nasty thing to do regardless.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I must have been smoking indicas then. I finally decided to concentrate on drinking by realizing I'd rather be part of the party than to watch the party!

Is the THC what makes people (and me) paranoid? Or, would that happen if you're prone to that even if somebody like me did CBD?

bbb, cannabis contains about 100 cannabinoids in varying proportions depending on the strain.

One of them, THC, can make things worse for the psychotic person. One cannabinoid, CBD, can help calm that same person.

Depending on the ratio of these compounds found in an individual strain, a high THC strain could trigger an anxiety attack where another strain, one high in CBD, could bring someone down from an anxiety attack.

Which strain can you smoke and get drafted in the first round ?

That weed really hurt him as an athelete who never gives up sacks.

LOL....he went from #1 overall to #3 because of QBs and trades. He went from #3 to #13 because of pot. His athleticism is what made him a prospect. Pot made him less of one.