Know anyone with a disease? Read this

I don't have any problem legalizing any drugs either, but at least be honest about it's effects. The propaganda about weed (from both sides) is ridiculous.

The difference is, those propagandizing the issue from the anti-weed crowd are motivated purely by profit. Either from the ill conceived war on drugs (prisons for profit, racial profiling and sentencing, et al) or protecting their own market share of the narcotics industry (alcohol manufacturers, tobacco, and big pharma who profit from getting everyone hooked on their pills). This side is entirely disingenuous, and happens to be the "mainstream" view -- though that's quickly changing.

Those propagandizing it from the pro-weed side, aside from the dispensaries themselves, aren't trying to line their pockets by deceiving the public. They may be trying to convince folks it can cure anything and everything without much evidence to back that up -- but that's an entirely different kind of hustle.

The difference is, those propagandizing the issue from the anti-weed crowd are motivated purely by profit. Either from the ill conceived war on drugs (prisons for profit, racial profiling and sentencing, et al) or protecting their own market share of the narcotics industry (alcohol manufacturers, tobacco, and big pharma who profit from getting everyone hooked on their pills). This side is entirely disingenuous, and happens to be the "mainstream" view -- though that's quickly changing.

Those propagandizing it from the pro-weed side, aside from the dispensaries themselves, aren't trying to line their pockets by deceiving the public. They may be trying to convince folks it can cure anything and everything without much evidence to back that up -- but that's an entirely different kind of hustle.

So you're going to completely ignore the fact that the pro-weed side is trying to convince people that it's harmless? That people don't get addicted and it just causes the munchies... never-mind the studies showing that it's basically alcohol and cigarettes in one.

It isn't all about making a profit. Which isn't even a bad thing.

Every time I see someone add the word "big" to something, it invalidates their point. I immediately see tin-foil hats...

why don't we ever see:

big weed

big environment

big union

big feminism

big organic food

big hollywood

So you're going to completely ignore the fact that the pro-weed side is trying to convince people that it's harmless? That people don't get addicted and it just causes the munchies... never-mind the studies showing that it's basically alcohol and cigarettes in one.

:lol::lol:

The underlined is beyond false. Every study has shown weed is not as damaging to your body as alcohol or cigarettes, let alone BOTH. You're a trip. Misinformed, but a trip.

It isn't all about making a profit.

Yes it is, on the anti-weed side it 100% is. It's about people wanting to protect the profit centers the end of prohibition would threaten.

Every time I see someone add the word "big" to something, it invalidates their point. I immediately see tin-foil hats...

That's a you problem, and you should look into that because you're greatly misinformed on a lot of topics.

why don't we ever see:

big weed

big environment

big union

big feminism

big organic food

big hollywood

:lol: :lol:

This list is hilarious. Inaccurate per your point, but hilarious.

I make zero profit from weed or any of its competitors or prisons or anything. I don't like weed because it can turn brilliant people into unmitigated morons who care only about weed. I've seen it many times.

I also think you are off about the pro-weed people. They are loud because they are trying to shout down their own guilty conscience.

I make zero profit from weed or any of its competitors or prisons or anything. I don't like weed because it can turn brilliant people into unmitigated morons who care only about weed. I've seen it many times.

I also think you are off about the pro-weed people. They are loud because they are trying to shout down their own guilty conscience.

No, they're loud because they have to yell over the Tom Petty music, remember?

That's not at all what I said. Show me the study that shows weed is worse than cigarettes and alcohol combined.

...I'll wait.

I never said "combined", or "worse,". You added those clarifiers.

Weed impairs reaction time and perception similar to alcohol. Smoking weed affects the respiratory system similar to cigarettes (although cancer has not yet been linked, not that anyone can study it). -you're still breathing smoke.

Weed impairs reaction time and perception similar to alcohol. Smoking weed affects the respiratory system similar to cigarettes (although cancer has not yet been linked, not that anyone can study it). -you're still breathing smoke.

Yeah...but if you get "a disease" from the smoke, the smoke cures it.

Correct, but they were in the spirit of your words.

That people don't get addicted and it just causes the munchies... never-mind the studies showing that it's basically alcohol and cigarettes in one.

So, let's see that study.

Most people nowadays don't smoke it, they eat it or vape it.

...Though, as I say that, I'm smoking it but I'm doing so knowing that smoke is bad for my lungs. But considering the amount of pain I'm in due to a chronic condition I suffer from (pun intended), I'll take the trade off in pain relief this brings. I should be using a vaporizer though, no question about that.

Probably the only thing that pisses me off is the pro weed people saying it's harmless. There are no free lunches in nature.

Correct, but they were in the spirit of your words.

So, let's see that study.

You also want me to cite studies proving the sky is blue?

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/marijuana-use-and-its-effects

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/pot/f/mjkids_faq13.htm

Here's a far lefty's simple video explanation on the effects of weed.

You also want me to cite studies proving the sky is blue?

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/marijuana-use-and-its-effects

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/pot/f/mjkids_faq13.htm

Here's a far lefty's simple video explanation on the effects of weed.

And none of those links show what you stated to be true.

Thanks for proving my point. Now go light up a jay and relax.

Probably the only thing that pisses me off is the pro weed people saying it's harmless. There are no free lunches in nature.

Agree. I'm not arguing it's harmless, just that it's proven to do far less damage to your body than both booze and tobacco, doubly so when it's not smoked. Not to mention how much better it is than opiates which are highly addictive (unlike weed) and are the number one cause of addiction in this country today.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Agree. I'm not arguing it's harmless, just that it's proven to do far less damage to your body than both booze and tobacco, doubly so when it's not smoked. Not to mention how much better it is than opiates which are highly addictive (unlike weed) and are the number one cause of addiction in this country today.

This last statement proves everything I have been saying. You're delusional.

Can't even read a simple webMD list of health problems.

Keep smoking that weed pot head. I'm sure it'll cure whatevah you think ails yah.